India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014

India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014  

1. 1.

• uthappa
    • raina
    • rahane
    • no one

India Bangladesh series was too short? I always like looking at the young talent (next-gen talent) and was awaiting the series. Selectors have taken a brave decision to select completely new look indian team. I must say that they have done reasonably well. Dont forget that our mainstream team has lost to the same side last year..... I have enjoyed the series and felt that it should have been longer (5 ODI's) 1) Longer series would have given chances to playlers like Kedar who haven't played a single game 2) Also, would have given a chance to look at Pervez and Patel little more 3) Since, most of the playesr are non-regulars, it would not be like putting more stress before a long season......

I really think that if this was a 5-match series, it wouldn't feel as unimportant as it did and maybe there wouldn't have as much of a problem finding a broadcaster in India. The fact that it was so short really made it feel like the series really meant nothing. A 3-match series with any team really feels unimportant, and if it's with Bangladesh, it only gets worse. Bangladesh is a decent side at home. Granted, it didn't seem that way in the matches that we did play with them, but a 5-match series would probably give them enough time to come back and make it a bit interesting. Then again, the weather was so horrible there's no saying how many games could actually be completed.