2014 Cabinet Formation

Sachin=GOD

The best part about the entire media circus around the cabinet formation this time is that NO MEDIA COMPANY has any real inside sources in the BJP' date=' especially among Modi's confidants :laugh:[/quote'] But they are now positive towards Modi right :giggle:

How can a college course be mandatory :confused:
well some are, at least here in the states, with respect to core classes. if its an elective, why do you have a problem with it being introduced? its not like it is being forced down someone's throat. as long as students have choice, it shouldn't be a problem

well some are, at least here in the states, with respect to core classes. if its an elective, why do you have a problem with it being introduced? its not like it is being forced down someone's throat. as long as students have choice, it shouldn't be a problem
Dude, a science degree is based on actual science, not hogwash like astrology. It is as good as a course on intelligent design. And this is the official body (UGC) which notified colleges asking them to include it. MMJ did a piss-poor job with HRD last time, hope it goes to someone better this time around

Dude, a science degree is based on actual science, not hogwash like astrology. It is as good as a course on intelligent design. MMJ did a piss-poor job with HRD last time, hope it goes to someone better this time around
if a student feels that this particular course won't help in his/her education, they simply have the choice not to take the class. i believe in free choice for all, even if it may be in something as irrational as astrology. whether you like it or not, it is a fact that astrology is believed by most indians. therefore, if a student feels interested in taking the course, he/she can take it. if the student believes astrology is pure hogwash, they won't take it. if most people think like you and think of astrology as hogwash, the course will have no takers and university will have to discontinue it anyways. thats why i feel as long as it is not compulsory part of one's education, i don't see what the problem is in introducing it.

if a student feels that this particular course won't help in his/her education, they simply have the choice not to take the class. i believe in free choice for all, even if it may be in something as irrational as astrology. whether you like it or not, it is a fact that astrology is believed by most indians. therefore, if a student feels interested in taking the course, he/she can take it. if the student believes astrology is pure hogwash, they won't take it. simple. as long as it is not compulsory part of one's education, i don't see what the problem is in introducing it.
If a college wants to introduce such a course, it is upto them. An official body however shouldn't be wasting its time recognizing this kind of hogwash and asking colleges to introduce courses on it. But this was in the last BJP term so it remains to be seen whether they will continue with the same policy this time around. Modi has promised to open a slew of new IITs and IIMs during the campaign so it remains to be seen who he entrusts with that job And it doesn't really matter if all Indians believe in it. There is still no proof to back it up.

If a college wants to introduce such a course' date=' it is upto them. [b']An official body however shouldn't be wasting its time recognizing this kind of hogwash and asking colleges to introduce courses on it. But this was in the last BJP term so it remains to be seen whether they will continue with the same policy this time around. Modi has promised to open a slew of new IITs and IIMs during the campaign so it remains to be seen who he entrusts with that job And it doesn't really matter if all Indians believe in it. There is still no proof to back it up.
But it is perfectly alright for the GoI to fund "research" (www.ccrhindia.org) and recognize doctors practicing homeopathy, for which too there is zero evidence ? As a matter of fact, homeopathy is much more harmful as it provides a false absolutely assurance of cure for illnesses. None of the busybodies criticize homeopathy, but astrology is viscerally hated. I personally feel both are quackery have no place in any govt recognized institution. But the critics need to be consistent.

If a college wants to introduce such a course, it is upto them. An official body however shouldn't be wasting its time recognizing this kind of hogwash and asking colleges to introduce courses on it. But this was in the last BJP term so it remains to be seen whether they will continue with the same policy this time around. Modi has promised to open a slew of new IITs and IIMs during the campaign so it remains to be seen who he entrusts with that job And it doesn't really matter if all Indians believe in it. There is still no proof to back it up.
i agree, i believe its complete nonsense as well. my point was just on the freedom of choice for taking any class you want. :two_thumbs_up:

probable posts in cabinet according to ibn sources advani- ls speaker sushma- home or defence shourie/jaitley- finance(i hope its shourie) gadkari-new party prez
That would mean Rajnath as Home or Defense Min :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Hearing rumors on twitter that shushma swaraj doesn't want to be part of Modi cabinet
She only wants to be a part IF she gets a top 4 ministry and Modi might not be willing bcoz she hasn't exactly been a pillar if support :giggle: Though she certainly is capable of holding any of the top 4....lets see what happens...

She only wants to be a part IF she gets a top 4 ministry and Modi might not be willing bcoz she hasn't exactly been a pillar if support :giggle: Though she certainly is capable of holding any of the top 4....lets see what happens...
Lol then she is not going to be part of cabinet. Rajnath looks all set to be defense or home minister, which is sad, but understandable. My prediction is Rajnath-home Modi keeps defense Finance-shourie External affairs-jaitley

But it is perfectly alright for the GoI to fund "research" (www.ccrhindia.org) and recognize doctors practicing homeopathy, for which too there is zero evidence ? As a matter of fact, homeopathy is much more harmful as it provides a false absolutely assurance of cure for illnesses. None of the busybodies criticize homeopathy, but astrology is viscerally hated. I personally feel both are quackery have no place in any govt recognized institution. But the critics need to be consistent.
Homeopathy should be banned as well. It is basically a sugar pill + placebo effect. I don't know how you inferred that criticism of one type of pseudoscience means lack of criticism of the remaining types.