Out of the last 14 limited overs encounters between Ind-Pak

Gambit

Guest Hiten.
how many more potential encounters against the pakistanis this year? we look good enough to claim each one at the moment. i reckon one more in the final of the kitpy cup (the most obnoxious name for any sporting event)' date=' and possible one or two in the asia cup... educate me please, [b']how many times can we expect to play pakistan in the asia cup (assuming they make it to the finals as well)?
Asia cup fixture is ridiculous. According to the fixture we will play Pakistan in a 'group match' (Ind/Pak are in Group B). There is a potential of us facing Pak in 'Super 4' format :mad: and final (if both Ind and Pak make it to the finals). In short Asia Cup is a drag on tournament and we can face Pakistan on 3 occasions (facing them 2x is more likely to happen) in Asia cup itself. If WC fixture was a bad one, I don't know what you call this dimwit Asia cup fixture :confused:http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/asiacup/content/series/298014.html?template=schedule India vs Pakistan encounters (to come) in 2008: 2 guaranteed in Asia cup (group match + group B1 vs group B2), 1 potential final 1 guaranteed in Champs trophy (group match), 1 potential (finals) 5 ODI's in Pakistan guaranteed So we can expect to see Pakis atleast 8 times (guaranteed) if not more. If this is not overdose of Arch rivalry then what is ?
i dont think so GS. they dominated us after that by winning 2 of the 3 sahara cups' date=' the asian test championship in india, beating us 3-0 in the ODI series, the tri series in Aus and winning loads of matches in Sharjah. [b']The tide turned only on March 1,2003.
No you're wrong, one of my friends always used to go on about this but I put him straight. Pakistan still dominated us until the start of 2006, after that WC 03 game we played Pakistan in 15 ODI games. They won 10 and we only won 5. Yes that's right 10-5 in the 15 games after that 2003 WC match. We began to own them from the second game of that 2006 ODI series at home. Since 2006 we've played 13 games vs Pak. We've beaten them 9-4 which is a record that is only going to get better match by match. Assuming we win 80% of future games played against them, how many years would it take to level the record and start building it in our favour?

India has won 3 out of the last four bilateral odi series between the two countries winning two in Pakistan and winning and losing one in India. What happens some of the time is that a team wins the series 3-1 and then rests the main players for the last game and the opposing team wins the last one, giving a scoreline of 3-2, which might give the impression that the series was a close one after.

India has won 3 out of the last four bilateral odi series between the two countries winning two in Pakistan and winning and losing one in India.
After WC 2003 match and upto 2005. We beat them 3-2 in Pakistan and they beat us 4-2 in India. So that's 6-5 to them in bilateral series. Then they beat us in CT, in Asia Cup, in Jubilee match and in Videocon. So overall that is 10-5 in their favour up till start of 2006. So they definitely dominated till start of 2006. But that is nearly 3 years ago now, it's past it doesnt matter anymore like 80s and 90s. Since 2006 we have beat them 9-4 and will keep beating them for many years to come :yay:
After WC 2003 match and upto 2005. We beat them 3-2 in Pakistan and they beat us 4-2 in India. So that's 6-5 to them in bilateral series. Then they beat us in CT, in Asia Cup, in Jubilee match and in Videocon. So overall that is 10-5 in their favour up till start of 2006. So they definitely dominated till start of 2006. But that is nearly 3 years ago now, it's past it doesnt matter anymore like 80s and 90s. Since 2006 we have beat them 9-4 and will keep beating them for many years to come :yay:
I was referring to series instead of just individual odi records as I explained earlier
So why dont you count out the earlier games against Pak too' date=' when india didnt have a SRT, dhoni, Uv or Ishant and only had average ODI players? You dont count that when you take the overall records of ind-Pak, do you? why give Pak the excuse when india is not measured by the same parameter?[/quote'] SRT has been there since 1990's..wut u talkin abt?he didnt hve much support... dhoni is an average player. Bowlers, virendra and yuvraj plus players like gambhir r the difference.
^ It IS Dhoni...and.......er ....a couple of changes in the team he had been insisting upon for last 2 series. Also the fact he didnt want those 2 players meant more spots opened up in the team' date=' more confidence among younger players that they will get fair chances. More competition now, around 8 batters competing very healthy for 6 spots , some 6-7 bowlers for 4 bowling spots, 4 allrounders for 2 spots etc. Excellent fielding, and above all, behind all this is Dhoni who seems to be planning for the WC 2011[/quote'] lollll...wuts dhoni gotta do with this win...roflmao.....this forum is inhabitated by most of blind dhoni supporters.

If India's record in ODIs in the last 30 months has been creditable, then a HUGE portion of the credit should go to Yuvraj+Dhoni combo. Our openers have always done well, but it our lower middle order that has failed us many times. With Yuvraj and Dhoni, that has changed drastically.

SRT has been there since 1990's..wut u talkin abt?he didnt hve much support... dhoni is an average player. Bowlers' date=' virendra and yuvraj plus players like gambhir r the difference.[/quote'] since the 90s, SRT has played ONLY 12 ODI matches against Pak and India has WON 7 of them! So, you get my point? also in tests, he has played 6 out of which india won 2 and drew 2 with 2 losses
lollll...wuts dhoni gotta do with this win...roflmao.....this forum is inhabitated by most of blind dhoni supporters.
because i can bet, if UV waws the captazin, the team wouldnt have played as an unit. If UV was the captain, team wouldnt have the self belief they displayed now this was evident in the IPL semis when Uv's team went tio pieces while Dhoni's maintained their cool!