Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

I believe nothing wrong in making it compulsory as well. It's not some local leader addressing them for political purposes, but the prime minister of the country who wants to connect with each citizen of the country. Disgusting that we see bloody electioneering in everything.
There's no reason to be mandatory. I have a right to decide NOT to listen to the PM of my country. It is just a PM of the country not some GOD descended on to the earth. Disgusting that we can't understand freedom of choice in everything.

There's no reason to be mandatory. I have a right to decide NOT to listen to the PM of my country. It is just a PM of the country not some GOD descended on to the earth. Disgusting that we can't understand freedom of choice in everything.
Eh......The Dear leader will speak to his subjects - what reason can there be NOT to make it mandatory?? As for those saying that its mandatory for schools but not for students - thats just a BS excuse given by the Govt after there were protests from many schools and opposition parties. If its mandatory for schools then obviously schools will make sure that the students do attend.

So a child has a choice not to attend school/exams as well? I like where this is going.

Eh......The Dear leader will speak to his subjects - what reason can there be NOT to make it mandatory?? As for those saying that its mandatory for schools but not for students - thats just a BS excuse given by the Govt after there were protests from many schools and opposition parties. If its mandatory for schools then obviously schools will make sure that the students do attend.
So if a student want to listen to the PM, is it a problem that he be provided a platform for it? **** me. Seriously?

So if a student want to listen to the PM, is it a problem that he be provided a platform for it? **** me. Seriously?
I have no problem if someone voluntarily wants to listen to the PM. What you don't seem to be getting is that there is difference between watching/listening to someone because you want to do so and being asked/forced to do so by the Govt/school (as is happening in this case).

I have no problem if someone voluntarily wants to listen to the PM. What you don't seem to be getting is that there is difference between watching/listening to someone because you want to do so and being asked/forced to do so by the Govt/school (as is happening in this case).
No student is being forced to listen to the PM. But you must realize that many students (esp in rural areas) would not privately have the means to listen to the PM even if they wanted to. I think there is nothing wrong in asking schools to make arrangements for students who do want to participate. I would have been against making it compulsory for students. But since it is not, I think it isn't useful to be cynical about what seems to be a well intentioned step to reach out to students.

A child has been registered in the school for education not listening to PM speeches. The troll that you are and you wouldn't stop throwing red herrings.
Why do School kids are paraded unnecessary to Red Fort to listen to PM's speech from there? They've been registered in the school for education... Not to wake up early in the morning to be herded like cattle and sit and hear boring PMs, reading from prepared scripts, saying so many incomprehensible things for a school kid...

Why do School kids are paraded unnecessary to Red Fort to listen to PM's speech from there? They've been registered in the school for education... Not to wake up early in the morning to be herded like cattle and sit and hear boring PMs' date=' reading from prepared scripts, saying so many incomprehensible things for a school kid...[/quote'] Oh sir, they are out there voluntarily. Is term ka matlab samajhte ho aap? Kids aren't forced to Red Fort. Which school were you in? This is going bizarre levels of defense now. Common man! School kids are in for education not national bhakt-giri. There should be no question of force outside regular curricula.

Oh sir' date=' they are out there voluntarily. Is term ka matlab samajhte ho aap? Kids aren't forced to Red Fort. Which school were you in? This is going bizarre levels of defense now. Common man! School kids are in for education not national bhakt-giri. There should be no question of force outside regular curricula.[/quote'] Why do you think kids are being forced in this case and they usually aren't forced by schools for Red Fort events? Are there any published facts to back these claims? There are so many events Kids are forced to attend... In my school it was compulsory to attend many events including Sports day events else the parents have to provide valid reasons for absence...

Voluntary ? dont they get brownie points & extra maarks in the school for going to red fort & participating in activities there?
I don't about your school but my school NEVER gave me any marks for waking up at 6am and practicing for a parade for 1 month (each) before 15th August and 26th January.

I don't about your school but my school NEVER gave me any marks for waking up at 6am and practicing for a parade for 1 month (each) before 15th August and 26th January.
not saying about regular activities at the school.. but the activities at Red fort specifically to listen to Netas

I agree it is a below belt remark. But, trolling is also below the belt. I think you are missing the context. I'm not saying kids are forced in this case - in fact I read the order and corrected myself (check my reply to seedhi). Someone said, it is ok if it is forced - we're discussing for that hypothetical situation that is it ok or not "IF" it is forced.
Even if it's hypothetical, it's not a big deal... Kids are forced to do many things in school, even if they don't like.

not saying about regular activities at the school.. but the activities at Red fort specifically to listen to Netas
Huh? No. It's just that few children voluntarily participate in such activities because they like it. School curricula is fixed and exam marks don't depend on Red Fort participation.

Even if it's hypothetical' date=' it's not a big deal... Kids are forced to do many things in school, even if they don't like.[/quote'] The things kids are "forced to do" in school are related to curricula which is designed by educational experts. Let me ask you this - Would you be fine if the kids were forced to listen to Deve Gowda or Rahul Gandhi or Sonia Gandhi (assuming they were PMs) ?

I fail to understand, we are talking about a scenario where the country's elected PM is spearheading an initiative to directly reach out to every section of society including children. And children being children, attention span, and immaturity to make "choices", they need to be a bit hand-held, isn't that right? Or are u assuming our children are all perfectly capable of making their rational choices at this juncture? Guys, seriously, step back a little and take off those "anti-Modi" glasses and see it with an impassionate mind. Imagine a democratically and overwhlemingly elected PM on one side - making an effort to bridge the communication divide and reaching out to motivate our greatest future wealth, our children. Isn't that just great?