Tendulkar turns down captaincy

beetle

Last 25 inngs of all our Top Guys .... excluding BD and WI ( As SRT Did not tour WI) The difference between RD and SRT is a Grand sum of 116 Runs over 25 inngs. WJ The Guy next to SRT is ahead by a whopping 10 runs VVS is ahead by 103 Runs and Gangs by 109 etc etc ...

[B]Player            Runs    Inngs    No      Avg[/B]

R Dravid            878    25    4    41.81
SC Ganguly       871    25    2    37.87
VVS Laxman     865    25    5    43.25
MS Dhoni          780    25    1    32.50
W Jaffer            772    25    0    30.88
SR Tendulkar    762    25    1    31.75
V Sehwag         757    25    2    32.91
Yuvraj Singh       634    25    3    28.82

And as for which country carries a batsman avging so low ... well here are some Gentleman ... who had some horrible patches ... or in some cases the entire career was a horror story 1. Mike Brearly (he of the best Captain ever fame avged a grand suum of 22 over not 3 but 5 years) 2. Gatting avged 32 as non captain and his entire career avg is about 35 3. Gower had horror patches 4. Apney Guruji :D 5. Mark Taylor 6. and possibly Mark Waugh (although he wasnt a captain) 7. Hussain baba

Two observations: 1) Your table shows that Indian batting has sucked and SRT has sucked the most!! :haha: He comes in 6th best with even Sehwag getting a better average than him! Darn. 2) All the players you mentioned, apart from Greg Chappell perhaps, can not hold a candle to SRT so wonder what this comparison is worth. Shouldnt you have compared him to Richards, Bradman, Sobers, Sunny and the likes? xxx
So the fact they are separated by a measly sum of less than 150 runs means nothing to you ?
And the very fact that Sachin has performed worse than a Ganguly, a Jaffer and even a down in the dumps Sehwag doesnt mean anything to you? Forget a Dravid or a VVS.
Arent you proving my point ? Even these no namers got a big leeway ... so doesnt SRT who according to your own words is a Greater batsman than those listed deserve similar leeway if not more ?
Actually no. It would have been a good call had you put some bigger names who averaged 35 over 25 tests and counting. To compare SRT with Brearely or Gatting is simply ridiculous. Even the others - Gower, Mark Waugh etc have no comparable standing as Sachin
Arent you proving my point ? Even these no namers got a big leeway ... so doesnt SRT who according to your own words is a Greater batsman than those listed deserve similar leeway if not more ?
Actually no. It would have been a good call had you put some bigger names who averaged 35 over 25 tests and counting. To compare SRT with Brearely or Gatting is simply ridiculous. Even the others - Gower, Mark Waugh etc have no comparable standing as Sachin
Hain ? No hoper avg joes need a bigger leeway than bonafide greats ... is that what you are telling me ?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
not when we are talking about a measley sum of runs .... yes he is not in the best of forms ... but its not like there is a line of batting talent that is setting the stage on fire ... and he is certainly not the worst among the current lot itself.
In others words you are more than happy if Sachin keeps turning in the same performance for next 3-4 years if we dont have any replacements. That sounds like a super strategy BB.
Hain ? No hoper avg joes need a bigger leeway than bonafide greats ... is that what you are telling me ?
I am telling you that no cricket fan gives a damn about Mike Brearely or Mark Taylor(as batsman). To compare them with SRT itself shows a loss in confidence for the man. And like I have mentioned before SRT has been sucking in 25 tests or so, it would be interesting to see numbers for players of similar stature who have done as bad.
The biggest hero worshiper I have seen around in these discussions is Lurker' date=' no offence. His criteria of selecting Tendulkar is not whether he is good enough to be part of the current Indian squad but whether he is good enough to match his prime.[/quote'] :haha::haha::haha::haha: Now be ready to hear even more bakwaas
The biggest hero worshiper I have seen around in these discussions is Lurker' date=' no offence. His criteria of selecting Tendulkar is not whether he is good enough to be part of the current Indian squad but whether he is good enough to match his prime.[/quote'] :haha: ... Yup. Lurks... whats wrong with you yaar. If he had not performed in the Eng series then you definitely had a point. We all know that his test average has gone down. But most of us feel that he is still good enough to continue at 40+ for couple of years. And he will. We just cannot ignore the fact that he was quite unlucky with those injuries in these years. But for now, he is looking good. He will do good.