English Premier League Season 2014-2015

bones

i know chelsea is better but honestly united since 2015 has been playing better and that is not just my opinion the results show it . we are best side in league and honestly we on paper deserved to go deeper in champions league too but still because of lack of rotation or some other reason form of our players dipped apart from hazard . another thing is we might disagree about many thing and maybe i am wrong but i honestly do not think we parked bus we played style which suits us against team who likes to keep possession and i hate judging performance of team on that . united really did played well and i am not even arguing that but to call chelsea performance disgrace is joke . we did not park the bus we neutralised every united attacking option and united only got shot on target in 2nd half and most of defending was not done just infornt of goal but where zouma and matic .. i think tactically it was great game for us specially closing down fellani with zouma (it did create some space in middle which united exploited ) this was very good game imo and united did well ..i am not even arguing that. even before game i said i want to see 2 full strength sides and even said it was injury "crisis " but still does not changes fact that we also missed our number 1 goal scorer or guy who won us last 2 games without costa .. this is getting long but i also want to say lvg has shown his sides aren ever easy to beat and will never lose like city did last week even when they were absolutely crap like vs arsenal at emirates so this was always going to be close game as both managers are tactically very good and through out season have tried to maintain balance specially LVG with 5 at back formation even though it means di maria and other attacking players were less effective , its no coincidence that with this formation united concede less and score less while with 442 score much more but concede much more.
United has been playing well since March not 2015. I have never disgraced your style of play as I know thats how you play, yes tactically Chelsea nullified United but really this is not the United side you'd need to use your tactical prowess against much. From the neutral's pov it was a great game. Yes you missed your goal scorer but you were playing at SB that cancelled out the disadvantage :) Yes LVG have transformed this side into a unit that can stand up and compete against anyone. Our record against top side suggests so.

nope see games like swansea we with every one fit have blew away teams this season and started to show similar form again specially in midfield . now need costa back and end like how we started.:two_thumbs_up: also usual mourihno will win 1-0 this team is scoring 2-3 goals but also conceding 1-2... i will be very happy if we kept clean sheets but our problem is we score first and then concede .
With Mou you'd get results but there is no guarantee about goals. He is someone who lines up his team only to win games than producing great football.

With Mou you'd get results but there is no guarantee about goals. He is someone who lines up his team only to win games than producing great football.
In all games this season in all competitions we have not scored only once and have now scored over 100 goals which is most in English football . Trust me this team has not been boring but we actually also did I'd not have Willian which was the reason shaw looked so good at start until Oscar started helping ivanovic . This season we have produced great football and routed teams many times until our form dipped because of injuries and suspensions .fact is if United scored first we would have taken more risk but what is the point ? Even Barcelona vs Valencia was like this but possession stats will foot people and that goal at very end which was just lucky . I do not mind this type of football and this is reason I love watching atletico too there is so much movement of the ball which people miss like Rooney finding space because of fellani and almost scoring and Jose changing shape a bit because of that. I find this side of football so interesting but like I said other people just like goals but when we have slight disadvantage we won't play risky football ..love Chelsea or hate Chelsea but It was best thing for Chelsea to do for itself ...sure we might have beaten United regular way like we almost did at old Trafford with 50 possession until a foul at very end which was no foul but why take even slight risk and not play to our strength with title so close ? All over Internet I read United also used to grind results and win titles and it a ark of champions to win even without looking so called beautiful but all of sudden it's disgrace ? I hope now you understand my point of view . Anyway just want to make clear I love talking about sports and lately football in general so please do not think I am just disagreeing with you or there is anything bad :two_thumbs_up: I know you did not said it was disgrace but that's where it started . I just think this game is beautiful because of different styles and philosophies of managers and how players fit in it and counter each other man to man area to area ...hope you understand what I am trying to say ..I don to disagree with you we did not needed to be so careful with this United but this is reason United has not beaten Chelsea in last 8 games...you cannot just fault that record against biggest team in world .

United has been playing well since March not 2015. I have never disgraced your style of play as I know thats how you play, yes tactically Chelsea nullified United but really this is not the United side you'd need to use your tactical prowess against much. From the neutral's pov it was a great game. Yes you missed your goal scorer but you were playing at SB that cancelled out the disadvantage :) Yes LVG have transformed this side into a unit that can stand up and compete against anyone. Our record against top side suggests so.
Yes..and that's why I don't miss big United games and tactically so much is happening . Any way it's enough lets enjoy rest of season :--D

In all games this season in all competitions we have not scored only once and have now scored over 100 goals which is most in English football . Trust me this team has not been boring but we actually also did I'd not have Willian which was the reason shaw looked so good at start until Oscar started helping ivanovic . This season we have produced great football and routed teams many times until our form dipped because of injuries and suspensions .fact is if United scored first we would have taken more risk but what is the point ? Even Barcelona vs Valencia was like this but possession stats will foot people and that goal at very end which was just lucky . I do not mind this type of football and this is reason I love watching atletico too there is so much movement of the ball which people miss like Rooney finding space because of fellani and almost scoring and Jose changing shape a bit because of that. I find this side of football so interesting but like I said other people just like goals but when we have slight disadvantage we won't play risky football ..love Chelsea or hate Chelsea but It was best thing for Chelsea to do for itself ...sure we might have beaten United regular way like we almost did at old Trafford with 50 possession until a foul at very end which was no foul but why take even slight risk and not play to our strength with title so close ? All over Internet I read United also used to grind results and win titles and it a ark of champions to win even without looking so called beautiful but all of sudden it's disgrace ? I hope now you understand my point of view . Anyway just want to make clear I love talking about sports and lately football in general so please do not think I am just disagreeing with you or there is anything bad :two_thumbs_up: I know you did not said it was disgrace but that's where it started . I just think this game is beautiful because of different styles and philosophies of managers and how players fit in it and counter each other man to man area to area ...hope you understand what I am trying to say ..I don to disagree with you we did not needed to be so careful with this United but this is reason United has not beaten Chelsea in last 8 games...you cannot just fault that record against biggest team in world .
I dont even know why are we discussing Chelsea's style of play. Have I mentioned about it anywhere ? Your team, you play to your strength. The game you are talking about, then United was still recovering from Moyes era so shouldnt be compared to the team now which looks much better. AsVG said against Chelsea we played our best game. Of course we used to grind out results, so I'll never complain about anyone else doing the same. But trust me there used to be heavy criticism if we played at home like that. In fact the games we grinded out results in the past were the ones we couldnt play well rather deliberately playing with such tactics against a much inferior team. The reason we have not beaten Chelsea in last 8 games is due to our midfield, before this season carrick was our only decent midfielder in the ranks. Since last season we have added herrera, mata, fellaini and blind. This streak started from 2012-13 season where we lost to Chelsea in the FA cup at SB and BPL at OT after being controversially knocked out by Madrid in Europe. Players were still relieving from the shock and both the games were in April and most players were mentally and physically drained. That season there were 2 different United teams that player - one before the madrid game that literally rolled over every opposition that they played against and another after the madrid loss which struggled to beat teams like swansea and wba. Heck we allowed chelsea to win the FA cup game after being 2-0 at HT at OT. So 3 games in that season.. Then started the Moyes era.. Lesser said better it is. 5 games that makes it and 2 more in LVG era. Our recent record against Chelsea has been poor because we are rebuilding. Just FYI we havent lost a game to Chelsea in Europe ever.

I dont even know why are we discussing Chelsea's style of play. Have I mentioned about it anywhere ? Your team, you play to your strength. The game you are talking about, then United was still recovering from Moyes era so shouldnt be compared to the team now which looks much better. AsVG said against Chelsea we played our best game. Of course we used to grind out results, so I'll never complain about anyone else doing the same. But trust me there used to be heavy criticism if we played at home like that. In fact the games we grinded out results in the past were the ones we couldnt play well rather deliberately playing with such tactics against a much inferior team. The reason we have not beaten Chelsea in last 8 games is due to our midfield, before this season carrick was our only decent midfielder in the ranks. Since last season we have added herrera, mata, fellaini and blind. This streak started from 2012-13 season where we lost to Chelsea in the FA cup at SB and BPL at OT after being controversially knocked out by Madrid in Europe. Players were still relieving from the shock and both the games were in April and most players were mentally and physically drained. That season there were 2 different United teams that player - one before the madrid game that literally rolled over every opposition that they played against and another after the madrid loss which struggled to beat teams like swansea and wba. Heck we allowed chelsea to win the FA cup game after being 2-0 at HT at OT. So 3 games in that season.. Then started the Moyes era.. Lesser said better it is. 5 games that makes it and 2 more in LVG era. Our recent record against Chelsea has been poor because we are rebuilding. Just FYI we havent lost a game to Chelsea in Europe ever.
i know that obviously ..i meant it more in way that its great record to have against huge team like united . in premier league era chelsea actually has better head to head record vs united so its not just recent record and chelsea has not lost against top 4 side since mourihno came back and this included last season too when squad was rebuilding like united is right now . i do know how good club united is and if you see my comments i only meant as great achievement not undermining united .. now you talk about there being two different united teams in 2012 season, i think that is exactly what happened to chelsea around end of january where we because of suspension (stamping saga ) and injuries we lost key players and then got very fatigued and went out of champions league ..i even commented here before draw of champions league that i wont mind getting knocked out as that way we will still win league as both competitions at this form and squad depth are impossible.
Of course we used to grind out results, so I'll never complain about anyone else doing the same. But trust me there used to be heavy criticism if we played at home like that. In fact the games we grinded out results in the past were the ones we couldnt play well rather deliberately playing with such tactics against a much inferior team.
you know, blame chelsea if they did not go for win and did not had more clear cut chances at goal and if it stopped attacking after goal but fact is that is not what happened . letting other side having ball in middle of park and pressing only your part of pitch is very normal strategy and you know freaking real madrid had possession of 35 against mid table la liga side at home but it does not add up to narrative of parking bus so who cares ? also united might be inferior side but they are still number 3 side in league and side whose philosophy is to keep possession ..arsenal who usually dominate possession this year had possession of 34 for win against city and did same thing against united and can promise you will do it again every time to win .. now finally i will post what mourihno had to say about game
The game went exactly as we had worked for the game to be – exactly as we wanted, and when that happens it is fantastic. We were able to make their important players disappear. Nobody saw them. They were in our pockets. Football is talent but strategy is also important. I love it.
its difference of philosophy. blame us if we do not score goals and if we do not go for goals but deliberately conceding possession against side which keeps possession and pressing them and then shifting possession and immediately for counter attacking is just good football. people here are seeing 30 percent possession but not seeing what that possession of 70 percent of united was .it was usual passing between defenders and mid fielders with almost no penetration forward and ball rarely saw our center backs and when it did it was easily cleared apart from 2-3 chances one of the rooney which was tactical mistake . best attacks of united were from full back (shaw ) until oscar who is make shift RW got his timing of tracking back right . it was match between number 1 and number 3 side where one side prefers to have ball and team built for that while other is happy to defend and play without possession but quickly transitions to attacking as soon as it gets ball . just see this clip of hazard's game as example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Z8E912w0M this does not include some other instances where he was not involved . also you might think why we are even discussing this ...i just do not believe this type of football is bad or "deliberately playing with these tactics "is bad ..like i said its beauty of this game you can follow teams which play in way you like and if old trafford crowd like that have got perfect manager for that who will play possession football but i know every single chelsea fan was happy yesterday so lets leave it at that :)

i know that obviously ..i meant it more in way that its great record to have against huge team like united . in premier league era chelsea actually has better head to head record vs united so its not just recent record and chelsea has not lost against top 4 side since mourihno came back and this included last season too when squad was rebuilding like united is right now . i do know how good club united is and if you see my comments i only meant as great achievement not undermining united .. now you talk about there being two different united teams in 2012 season, i think that is exactly what happened to chelsea around end of january where we because of suspension (stamping saga ) and injuries we lost key players and then got very fatigued and went out of champions league ..i even commented here before draw of champions league that i wont mind getting knocked out as that way we will still win league as both competitions at this form and squad depth are impossible. you know, blame chelsea if they did not go for win and did not had more clear cut chances at goal and if it stopped attacking after goal but fact is that is not what happened . letting other side having ball in middle of park and pressing only your part of pitch is very normal strategy and you know freaking real madrid had possession of 35 against mid table la liga side at home but it does not add up to narrative of parking bus so who cares ? also united might be inferior side but they are still number 3 side in league and side whose philosophy is to keep possession ..arsenal who usually dominate possession this year had possession of 34 for win against city and did same thing against united and can promise you will do it again every time to win .. now finally i will post what mourihno had to say about game its difference of philosophy. blame us if we do not score goals and if we do not go for goals but deliberately conceding possession against side which keeps possession and pressing them and then shifting possession and immediately for counter attacking is just good football. people here are seeing 30 percent possession but not seeing what that possession of 70 percent of united was .it was usual passing between defenders and mid fielders with almost no penetration forward and ball rarely saw our center backs and when it did it was easily cleared apart from 2-3 chances one of the rooney which was tactical mistake . best attacks of united were from full back (shaw ) until oscar who is make shift RW got his timing of tracking back right . it was match between number 1 and number 3 side where one side prefers to have ball and team built for that while other is happy to defend and play without possession but quickly transitions to attacking as soon as it gets ball . just see this clip of hazard's game as example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Z8E912w0M this does not include some other instances where he was not involved . also you might think why we are even discussing this ...i just do not believe this type of football is bad or "deliberately playing with these tactics "is bad ..like i said its beauty of this game you can follow teams which play in way you like and if old trafford crowd like that have got perfect manager for that who will play possession football but i know every single chelsea fan was happy yesterday so lets leave it at that :)
We are not huge anymore :D Chelsea have been better than us for 2 seasons now. But we are are improving with every game and you might see us competing for title next season. Chelsea's head to head record against United is mainly post Mou era where he has barely lost more than 1-2 games against us in PL. Before that Chelsea baring the season before Mou took over werent even a top 4 side. Where as if you look at Europe its just the opposite, Chelsea have never managed to beat United in Europe. It was not that bad as you are making it look like, yes we didnt attack as much as we should have with 70% possession, but to say Chelsea had more clear cut opportunities than United its completely wrong. Chelsea finished better with limited opportunities they created. We couldnt finish, to start off that Wayne Rooney shot that went wide, the falcao shot that hit the goal were 2 of our best opportunities. And even the mcnair shot had some sting in it, these are the ones that I can recall. There could be 1-2 more. I have never complained about Chelsea's style of play because I know they are known to play like this. In fact I prefer tactical football over the kind of football Pep's team ( read Barcelona pre 2013 and Bayern now known to play and to some extent we played at the start of the season ). We are expected to be much more penetrating as we have been in past few games. The absence of some of our key players and Chelsea's stubborn defense didnt allow us to play like we played against City, Spurs and even Liverpool. We are definitely not expected to pass the ball between defenders and midfielders alone without any final ball. We didnt play like this in last 5-6 games where we have been at our best, if you have watched United play in last few games you wouldnt have said that. But still we are far from how we are expected to play like and that will change with recruitment of few more players LVG wants next season. LVG's teams are known to play much more sleek passes and passing has always been much more smoother in any of his teams.