SRT the energizer bunny

the 86 fifties that I mentioned include scores that are well past the 50 mark ... Dont understand ? Let me break it down further for u ... a score of 99 also counts under the 50s ... and the 41 hundreds are ALWAYS scores of 100 or more (trust me on that dont put pressure on your brain) ... so if you are now going to say that ALL Those scores were acheived within 14 overs .... please let me know ....
most 50-n-out of SRT are within the first 14 overs. In any case, by the time 14th over is done, he has scored 40-50 runs at the very least, thus undermining your argument that most of his 50 score runs are after the 14th over.
and pick up a primary school book on basic arithmatic .... it may come in handy for you.
It certainly comes in handy in quoting precisely and teaching you the basics of set theory, champ. Funny, considering you claimed a degree in stats and don't know basic set theory.
The rest of your idiotic nonsence has been dealt with in previous posts
Nope, it hasn't. You can't deal with facts and the facts are : IVAR > SRT in average IVAR > SRT in strike rate IVAR > SRT in contemporary comparisons IVAR > SRT in finals IVAR > SRT away from home Game, set & match, IVAR.
so repeat after me SRT owns Viv in every aspect.
Nomatter how much you repeat that, it won't make the above falsehood true. Viv owns SRT in ODIs and that is plain as daylight. A guy in the 70s and 80s scoring at 47 average & 90 strike rate owns a guy scoring at 44 average and 85 strike rate in the 90s-present. Its just that simple, champ.

I still say Sachin has been able to adapt his own game more. He was able to dominate in 3 different eras, and can play both the role of an anchor as well as the dasher at the top. Also, like for many of the stats mentioned above, there is not a huge difference between the 2, and like I said before the fact that Sachin has played well over twice as many games means that there are more opportunities to drag the average and strike rate down. Michael Hussey betters Viv Richards in many of those stats, so that goes to show that these stats can be misleading (no disrespect to Hussey, I am a fan of Mr. Cricket) About the batting collapses. Yes Viv did produce quite possibly the greatest ODI innings of all time given the circumstances, but Sachin had to deal with collapses on a more regular basis. Furthermore, Richards mainly had to face lightning fast quicks. Besides Qadar, there werent many quality spinners back then, and Sachin has faced and dispatched him too. Sachin had to face the likes of Warne, Murali, Saqlain , etc. Also the concept of reverse swing mainly came through during the 90s.

Both Tendu & IVAR are greats in the ODI variety. Viv slightly pips Tendulkar because of three reasons: 1) His average of 47 is unusually high for his era 2) His SR of 90 is Afridi-esque for his times (when 4 rpo was the par score) 3) He was surreal on the big stage (check his record in finals of tournaments) Viv was Tendu + Afridi rolled into one batsman. It aint an insult to SRT to be second only to Viv. Its an honor. The closest equivalent stat to Viv's, of a modern era player is that of Hussey's, an average of 59 with a strike rate of 90

^ Sarfraz founded it and passed his knowledge on to Imran. However' date=' it was not perfected at international cricket until the late 80s and early 90s. Check the history books!!![/quote'] Actually if you are so interested in Bharath it is supposed to have been invented by Khan Mohammed(the 1950s Pakistani pace bowling ace). It was carried on further by Salim Altaf, the Pakistani speedster of 70s more famous now for his spat with Waqar. Sarfaraz and Imran obviously carried it further followed by Wasim and Waqar.
What is your problem with my observations ? Viv played only 1 innings vs Zimbabwe and less than 10 innings vs Sri Lanka. Rest ALL of his innings were against the top teams of his era. Tendy has fattened his accounts fair bit compared to Viv, bashing club-level bowling provided by the likes of Kenya,Namibia,Zimbabwe,Bangladesh,etc. Toughness of pitch- its a no-brainer. EVERYONE, including numerous crickinfo articles agree that pitches today are the EASIEST to bat on in ODIs. Evidence also lies in the FACT that run-rates in the 70s and 80s were nowhere close to six per over or even over five per over as it is now the average. And hardness of runs- its fairly categoric that Viv didn't have the luxury to batting with field restrictions making the task of batsmen easier.
People can argue bowling then was lackluster and now its of a much higher standard. There was a fast bowling competition held once in 1980's (I've seen the video) and the fastest delivery was like 140kmph. Nothing compared to the 150+ kmph deliveries being dished out today ....
Both Tendu & IVAR are greats in the ODI variety. Viv slightly pips Tendulkar because of three reasons: 1) His average of 47 is unusually high for his era 2) His SR of 90 is Afridi-esque for his times (when 4 rpo was the par score) 3) He was surreal on the big stage (check his record in finals of tournaments) Viv was Tendu + Afridi rolled into one batsman. It aint an insult to SRT to be second only to Viv. Its an honor. The closest equivalent stat to Viv's, of a modern era player is that of Hussey's, an average of 59 with a strike rate of 90
I am a huge fan of Viv too and you are right there is no shame in being 2nd to Viv, and would say that on presence at the crease and explosiveness he exceeds Sachin. The reason I have said Sachin pips Viv is mainly because of the fact that Viv predominantly faced fast bowling. During the 80s , spin bowling was rare, and Richards never had to face the likes of Warne, Muralitharan, Saqlain, Vettori and so on. Richards was an excellent player of pace, but besides Qadir he never had to face any quality spin, and he averaged 30 against Pakistan. Sachin briefly faced Qadir too and dispatched him with ease.
Actually if you are so interested in Bharath it is supposed to have been invented by Khan Mohammed(the 1950s Pakistani pace bowling ace). It was carried on further by Salim Altaf, the Pakistani speedster of 70s more famous now for his spat with Waqar. Sarfaraz and Imran obviously carried it further followed by Wasim and Waqar.
Well, regardless of who invented it, the first pair to perfect it (at 150 km/h) were Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram, without doubt the most lethal opening combination in ODI cricket history. Sachin had to face those 2 in the prime of their careers.
Opener batting with field restriction is going to have a higher strike rate than a middle order bat with no field restrictions. DUH! This is why Gilly strikes faster than Symonds, anwar faster than Inzy, Gayle faster than Lara, etc etc. Like..DUH! and NO, Tendulkar's strike rate as opener is 87-88. Still short of 90-91 of Viv's despite Tendy batting in an era of faster run scoring. In ODIs, its Viv, then Tendulkar.
its not so 'DUH'. Not all runs are scored off boundaries. While good shots might race away to the boundary, a seaming ball + no opportunity for singles IMO make run making equally hard in the powerplay's.... Comparisons with Gilly are useless simply because he is supposed to be a wicket all rounder and HE DOESN'T GIVE A **** if he gets out. We all know who all follow him in the batting line up ......
Comparisons with Gilly are useless simply because he is supposed to be a wicket all rounder and HE DOESN'T GIVE A **** if he gets out. We all know who all follow him in the batting line up ....
Yes...my point is, guy with 45 average and 84 strike rate vs Guy with 35 average and 95 strike rate....not much to pick and choose between them IMO.. would prefer the former guy, but not by much.
People can argue bowling then was lackluster and now its of a much higher standard. There was a fast bowling competition held once in 1980's (I've seen the video) and the fastest delivery was like 140kmph. Nothing compared to the 150+ kmph deliveries being dished out today ....
1. Speedguns back then were nowhere as accurate enough to form a clear idea on speeds 2. If in an era with Malcolm Marshall, Imran Khan and Patrick Patterson at their peaks shows 'fastest delivery' to be 140kmph, i seriously question the validity of such 'findings'. these three gents were at their fastest in the 80s and easily in the 95+mph range on a consistent basis. Plus add in the fact that pitches in the 80s were harder to bat on.

Boss, Did you know the Last 50 ODIs, 43 innings of Richards??? He beats SRT hands down. Check this out. 50 matches, 43 innings, GRAND total of 1134 runs @ 29 with 110 being highest plus 4 50s Richards 50, 43, 1134, 110, 29, 1, 4 Almost 30% of ODIs he played had a pthetic avg of 29. Can you believe it. This is like late 80's and early 90s. When ODI standard started to improve lot among the other teams. Fielding improved lot. Teams understood this game lot better. Thats when SRT stepped in. A mere human mind was not enough to counter this FORCE called SRT, they spend $$$$$ MIL on technology, computers, video replays, slow motions, close up cameras to study SRT's batting to figure out his weaknesses to get him out. MAXIMUM, time, money, thoughts spent after getting SRT out is beyond audit. That is only because he is second ONLY to Viv. Not bad, isn't it. Imagine, SRT averaging 30 in 10 ODIs.