Wimbledon 2014 - June 23rd to July 6th

zep1706

But Blake broke his neck in 2004 itself, he also had shingles the same year. How did he remain powerful after that when a dubious mild mono that did not force Federer to miss a single match made him powerless for life? :haha: FYI Djokovic did beat pre-mono Federer in Montreal 2007 and had a very tight US open final the same year (his first slam final), where he had chances to win both set 1 and 2. This was pre- gluten free baby Djokovic against JesusFed. He did much better than Hewitt's 6-0 7-6 6-0, one of Federer's main competitors from that era. :haha:
Without wanting to get into the other ridiculous stuff posted by the usual suspects - dimwits, liars and (Nadal tards), just a couple of points zep : 1)That Federer did not miss a match is to his credit. That does not necessarily mean it did not hamper him. The injury excuse is used far, far more often by Nadal fans...at least on here and I am sure you will at least acknowledge that...be it to explain his preposterous Wimbledon showing post 2011, or this year's Australian Open etc etc. 2)Agree with the Djokovic part which is why I think it would be quite even between them on hard courts. But as you say, if "pre-gluten free baby Djokovic had a tight final against JesusFed", then grandpa Fed also had him on the ropes when Djokovic was in God mode pwning everyone left, right and centre in 2011 US Open. That goes both ways. I think it'd be 50-50 on hard courts at their peaks, maybe 55-45 to Fed.

1)That Federer did not miss a match is to his credit. That does not necessarily mean it did not hamper him. The injury excuse is used far, far more often by Nadal fans...at least on here and I am sure you will at least acknowledge that...be it to explain his preposterous Wimbledon showing post 2011, or this year's Australian Open etc etc.
Maybe you should consider the context, it was a response to the stupid post from the Fedtard that "pre mono" Federer would have destroyed Djokovic. He did have a very mild form of mono but it was nothing serious and went away quickly. Mono is no joke. Soderling did not play a single match after being diagnosed with mono and Ancic lost a whole season. The fact that Federer did not even take a small break clearly suggests that it was nothing serious and there was no "pre mono" "post mono" bullshit. You seem to miss those posts from the Fedtards though. :haha:
2)Agree with the Djokovic part which is why I think it would be quite even between them on hard courts. But as you say, if "pre-gluten free baby Djokovic had a tight final against JesusFed", then grandpa Fed also had him on the ropes when Djokovic was in God mode pwning everyone left, right and centre in 2011 US Open. That goes both ways. I think it'd be 50-50 on hard courts at their peaks, maybe 55-45 to Fed.
Agreed. On hard courts a prime Djokovic would have given Federer equal fight and Federer probably would not have won 11 out of 12 non clay slams (2004-2007) had he played alongside a prime Djokovic.

On a final note (I will not reply on this thread after this particularly to a certain intellectually dishonest Nadal tard who runs away after getting being exposed) : 1)Federer and Nadal are both ATG players. Federer has the more convincing case for the greatest of all time at this point in time because: a.He has a much more even distribution of slams. 7-5-4-1 over 9-2-2-1 any day of the week and twice on a Sunday please. b.More graceful, better mover especially on grass and more elegant (this is a factor too for me). c. 6 WTFs to ZERO! d.Nitpicking goes both ways. I will happily accept I am not the most knowledgeable tennis fan out here, but I believe the Australian Open surface was changed in 2008 and became slower. Happy to be corrected if wrong. A skeptic could argue that Nadal's solitary Australian Open win came immediately after that. Coincidence? Take your pick. Basically if all three were at their peaks at the same time, none would have won as much as they have won now. I think that is easily understood and elementary. If a prime Tendulkar had faced prime Wasim Akram day in and day ou..Wasim would not average 23 or whatever...and Tendulkar would not average 53..it would probably be middle ground. That means zilch in the overall scheme of things though. Just means both are great players. That is not to denigrate Nadal, but when we are happy enough to do it to Federer it works both ways. Nadal fans are also quick to point out that Federer isn't part of some other era and that he benefited from the slower courts as much as Nadal et all did..but refuse to use this when it comes to rating Federer's peak. Nadal getting knocked over before reaching the later stages is...hold your breath..apparently Federer's fault! No point getting your knickers in a twist there. The tally reads 13-13 after Nadal's first slam win. Sure Nadal was younger then but that is evened out by the grandpa Fed version that is currently playing. The HTH is definitely a point in Nadal's favour and unlike narrow minded and biased Nadal tards, I am impartial enough to accept that. However, how much weight you put on that is up to you. For the record, I also do not agree with removing clay and then saying it is 8-6 to Nadal or whatever. Why would you remove Nadal's best surface? That is not fair on him. He has had the measure of Federer in one on one matches, jog on. That said, I do think Federer is the better player at their peaks (as long as it is not HTH) and I would back him to beat the rest with more ease than Nadal. Indeed, the toughest common challenger they had was Djokovic in God mode in 2011...and a 30 yr old Fedex trumped a peak Nadal then. Funny game tennis, eh? I see Raghav pointing out some trivial 27 vs 28 error in Mughlonto's post but conveniently sidestepped Murray vs Federer at Grand Slams...this after Nadal fans have argued about Davdenko having a superior HTH record against their demi god just because they were non slam events or some rubbish like that...double standards! Of course Mughlonto is not the most objective either (with due respect)...I mean wasn't he the bloke who said Nadal was Chang plus 10 percent or something? That still cracks me up! Still, he seems like the most fair and balanced fan when compared to the other bloke who spouts diatribe and ends up pwning himself! Lastly, I reiterate - this is a golden age for tennis. We will not see such high quality tennis in a while..you can quote me on that. Federer's on his last legs..Djokovic and Nadal are at the stage where Federer was in about 2010..a decline is coming. You will see tops 2 years of this level of tennis from them...8 slams that is....who wins how many will determine how each is remembered. A slam win for Federer will likely give him the record until a new challenger comes along..it would put the record beyond doubt(unless Nadal wins 4 out of the next 8 or something)...A couple of slams and/or a FO for Djoker would put him in elite category and perhaps see him go from a great of this era to an ATG..10 is probably the magic number. Meanwhile, Stan, Dmitrov and the likes are capable of nicking a slam here and there...will be very, very interesting. On the HTH thing, how do posters think Sampras vs Nadal would have gone? Think Sampras would have seen off Nadal on fast and hard courts and also grass courts with Nadal thoroughly dominating on clay. Sampras was a shade behind Federer on grass overall but he was perhaps more equipped to deal with Nadal's game or at least he would have shown more inclination to counter Nadal...he was better than Federer on Hard Courts too so that leaves me with little doubt (unless we are talking about the current hard courts where it would be closer). Clay - it is all one way traffic....which again brings me back to the question - how much importance do we give HTH because overall I feel most would rate Nadal ahead of Sampras now(as I do too)? Anyway, we have all the time in the world to do this once these greats hang up their boots.

Maybe you should consider the context, it was a response to the stupid post from the Fedtard that "pre mono" Federer would have destroyed Djokovic. He did have a very mild form of mono but it was nothing serious and went away quickly. Mono is no joke. Soderling did not play a single match after being diagnosed with mono and Ancic lost a whole season. The fact that Federer did not even take a small break clearly suggests that it was nothing serious and there was no "pre mono" "post mono" bullshit. You seem to miss those posts from the Fedtards though. :haha: Agreed. On hard courts a prime Djokovic would have given Federer equal fight and Federer probably would not have won 11 out of 12 non clay slams (2004-2007) had he played alongside a prime Djokovic.
Would haves again

No point discussing such scenarios' date='let us discuss this when their careers end[/quote'] No I was referring to the post where you seemed to agree that pre-mono Fed would have destroyed Djokovic. Otherwise I agree. Let's see how things go from here on. I am not too keen on the GOAT debate anyway. I have always said that there are way too many factors to crown one person as Goat. I have no problems if others do. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I was referring to the post where you seemed to agree that pre-mono Fed would have destroyed Djokovic. Otherwise I agree. Let's see how things go from here on. I am not too keen on the GOAT debate anyway. I have always said that there are way too many factors to crown one person as Goat. I have no problems if others do. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was referring to the matches where Federer defeated Blake,hence the references .

Imo sampras vs anyone is a 50-50, even federer or nadal. On clay vs nadal not so,much but sampras's second serve is what makes him an even steven competitor vs the rest. I see only becker and federer having the game to beat sampras on his best day. Djokovic would b competetive but I dont think he will win with sampras's penchant for playing huge on big points and his monster second serve Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2