With Asif out of the series should India now prepare seaming tracks?

OTOH, I agree with CC. Younis and Yousuf are better than anything we have at the moment- top, middle, lower be damned. People are just reverting to stereotypes when billing this as Pak bowling versus Indian batting. India's seamers did brilliantly in England, better than their Pak counterparts- they are fitter, less injury prone, and above all honest. Similarly, when the 2 Ys are on form and not enquiring about rebel leagues in various parts of the world, they are most potent 3-4 combo to bat on the subcontinent. It'll take a bulldozer to budge them.

I reckon the two teams are evenly matched. Pak's bowling attack minus Asif is very comparable to the Indian attack. I'd say this is the best opportunity for our out-of-form MO bats (Dravid & Tendu) to hit form, as Asif is likely the bowler to have caused them trouble. Pak's MO batting lineup has already peaked (I dont expect them to score as heavily as they did last time). With Inzi out, their batting lineup is comparable to ours. Because of our overall experience in batting, we may have a slight edge. I'd love Pak to be whipped in an one sided series. But it aint happening. I expect a closely contested test series.

Whats with these silly acronyms ? Gul, Akhtar, Sami (GAS attack) Danish, Akhtar, Asif, Gul (DAAG attack) Sami, Hasan, Akhtar, Gul (SHAG attack) Sami, Akhtar, Asif, Gul (SAAG attack) Moral of the story: No matter who makes up the attack, they'll still stink like gas, be shagged like a dog or swallowed like Saag. Its Ind-Pak series folks, reputation matters little. Heros will emerge zeroes & zeroes will become heros.

Actually' date=' the point he makes in his last post (#30) is quite valid, and its sad how blatant cheating through doping and in Shoaib's case, so many other things can all be immediately forgiven for the big series with India. A real shame, and the way the board has behaved in trying to bail out guilty cheats and trying to behave as if all should be forgotten/forgiven has really soured me on the side.[/quote'] Salil he goes on and on about morality lessons yet i have never heard him say a thing about how CA handled M Waugh and Warne's case. I have never heard him say anything about how N Sidhu was allowed to play for the country(since the Indians are so strict about morality and would have hung and quartered any one who took drugs).I don't understand why is it so hard to be fair? p.s Shoaib didn't immediately come back, he came back after a 13 match ban.