Ganguly Must Go !

RajaRaja

And how exactly did you get that from my post Sriram? Let me categorically say that what you are doing here is creating a smokescreen. I have given you cold numbers to show what Sachin has to do in his 25 tests, with all due respect what have you shown thus far? Let me make it simpler for you now. Sachin needs to score 2453@64.55 in his next 25 tests to have an average of 50, which would still be less than his average of 55. Do you think he can do it or not? xxx
And pray tell me , why do you even impose that " he must ave 64.55 in his next 25 tests" constraint on him in the first place ? And what makes it incumbent on him to average 50 over the period of time you have specified. The ONLY constraint that must be placed on him is that he must play crucial match-winning/match-saving innings for our team, like say he did in the english series. What he averages in the process is immaterial. If he contributes to our success , he stays , stats irrespective. As simple as that.

Lurker, I am certainly not in the 'SRT is God' camp as you probably already know. Infact most of the time I have said that SRT has disappointed us a lot. But, let me ask you: Why should SRT bat at 64.55 and get his average to 50? I dont understand why he should get his avg back up to 50?

India are playing around 25 test matches over the next 15 months or so with no minnows scheduled and most tests against strong sides like Australia, England, South Africa, and Pakistan. It would be a reasonable expectation for Tendulkar to average in the 45-55 range depending on whether the series in general turn out to be high scoring or low scoring, how the other batsmen in the side fare etc. But to predict averages on a series to series basis is utter rubbish. No cricket commentator worth his salt or some not even worth that like Ian Chappell praised Tendulkar in England even though he averaged less than 40, largely due to two failures in meaningless innings in a low scoring series.