Irfan Pathan and Salman Butt

Rajiv

Re: Irfan Pathan and Salman Butt Pretty hard to digest these two didn't really suceed for too long. Pathan has a chance as all rounders are a rare breed and clearly Pathan is a good batsman. Salman doesn't really have much choice but to fall back on his batting. I'm quite surprised Pathan is struggling to even claim wickets in the domestic circuit. I think it's all in the head. Irfan will hopefully get a call up. Indian selection board is usually lot more sane than the Pakistani one and am sure they recognize Pathan as one of the better players in the country. Irfan has a great example in Zaheer to follow. Zaheer couple of years ago was thought to be out of form, favour and fitness sucked. Now he's come back lean, mean and looks in great form. Pathan can take a leaf out of Zaheer's book and work towards form.

Re: Irfan Pathan and Salman Butt we should forget about getting Pathan in form for the world cup.... it will take him more than 6 months to rediscover his game and strengths.... a 5'fer or 3'fer here or there should not influence us to include him for the world cup....

Re: Irfan Pathan and Salman Butt salman butt has been doing well recently in domestic cricket and might get back into the national side soon. its easier for batsmen to regain their form than it is for fast bowlers. irfan seems to have dug himself into such a deep pit that i fear he might never come out of it. he must take a 3 -4 month break from international cricket and sort out his bowling with the help of some expert ( preferably wasim ) after which he should play a season or two of county cricket

Re: Irfan Pathan and Salman Butt salmon butt is a class player. not many paki openers have scored a 100 in aus vs their premier bowlers. he was not treated properly with the ullu woolmer having a new opener every match policy. confidence shot, performance waned, and now he is in the doghouse. i hope he comes back because those silken wristy off drives are something to watch.

Re: Irfan Pathan and Salman Butt Pathan is a top class all-rounder and a match-winner. India would be foolish to discard him so soon. People shouldn't forget the fact that he has been the best seamer in the country since he made his debut in Australia. Don't let one poor run of form obscure what has been, a very successful career 'til date. Pathan at this stage of his career (112 ODI's) has taken more wickets than any other Indian seamer (Kapil, Srinath, Prabhakar, Agarkar) did during the same time.