Trivia : Recognize this batsman

Guest BossBhai

tu tau gaya kaam sey .... :D :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: heres SRTs record just for chuckles ...
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0

unfiltered           140  226  23 11150 248* 241* 217   54.92  37  45  13
Peak                  93  149  15  7869 217  201* 179   58.72  29  31   8
After                 47   77   8  3281 248* 241* 194*  47.55   8  14   5

actually there was a point in tendulkar's career he averaged about 60.00 - 61.00. this was either just before the south african tour of 1996 (or whenever it is that this happened, this was the tour where he scored a magnificient 169).

It's a travesty that the WSC Super Tests aren't included in the test careers of many of the greats of the 70s & 80s..... Richards played in 14 Super Tests(11 for WI & 3 for RoW) and averaged 56 in them..... Unquestionably the best bowling attacks in the period 77-79 were to be found in the WSC..... Given the breakdown here it should really be: Viv Richards: Ist half: 58 Tests at 60.34 II half: 77 Tests at 43.12 Materially it only makes a slight difference to his career average(bumps it up to 50.88 from 50.34), but the idea that Richards was 'sorted out in 40 Tests' is incorrect. I've seen Richards(in the mid 80s), Lara & Tendulkar at their pomp.... I'd still pick Richards over the other 2, for the sheer intimidation he bought to the crease....

Great thread, all praise to Bossbhai as usual. So Rahul Dravid isn't alone, we have names like Viv Richards to accompany him:giggle:
RSD has done enough for India so he is infact excused for his failures in the past 2 years whereas SRT is yet to win games for India so he has to score 50's in 1st innings and BIG 100's in 2nd innings every time he walks to the pitch :winky:

^ Precisely, I do think Sehwag should play at 4 or 5 in the batting order for this reason, as he gets older the new/moving ball might pose more of a problem- we seem to have a few decent opening options to partner GG In any case once SRT retires and with Ganguly gone we need quick middle order run scorers- one in Yuvraj isnt enough

i think Lara was one player who lifted his average from 48 ish to 52 ish with the strength of his performances in the second half of his career.he was directionless after the great fast bowlers retired and was finding it difficult to realise that his team was losing almost every second test free falling in to an abyss.but some how he got a grip and returned with a vengeance.but he was also accused as a selfish player by his own team mate Ridley Jacobs. i remember Lara scoring some thing like 2, 12,192,2 in a series and get an average of 50, where as some one like sachin was more consistent for a longer part of his career. even in the series in which Lara scored 400*, he was a huge failure in the other 6 innings but the 400* lifted the average for the series when compared to the other consistent batsmen who did not get support from Lara. if Viv Richards played with gay abandon because he was part of a great team, Lara played with gay abandon because he was part of a weak team.

from what i've read Viv continued to play his shots even after his eyesight and reflexes weren't what they used to be. That's why his averaged dropped. Amazing that inspite of 20 years Tendulkar is still able to invent and implement shots based on a situation (THAT uppercut over Lee on a quick Perth pitch).