Everyone is upset over how Sanga was adjudged out. Will India get such shockers ?

fineleg

Everyone is so upset over Sanga's caught cheater Punter deczn...will India get such shockers!? I can bet the answer is a resounding YES! YES! YES! SRT will be screwed. RD will be screwed. When bowling, AK will be repeatedly screwed. We will have shocking umpiring decisions against us when we tour. We need TECHNOLOGY to play a BIG BIG BIG role in umpiring decisions. Its the *only* way the game of cricket can improve!

Finey, you turning paranoid too ? My my my..... so many insecurities in people.... :D
Oh, there is no doubt that umpires are gonna screw us MM. I'm not saying they are "intentionally doing" it against India when we tour. Nope, not paranoid abt intentional bad umpiring. But, what will happen is we end up getting very poor decisions. This has been the way of life when we tour. We need technology, the only thing that can be a saving grace to counter these disgraceful umpiring.
Oh' date='[b'] there is no doubt that umpires are gonna screw us MM. I'm not saying they are "intentionally doing" it against India when we tour. Nope, not paranoid abt intentional bad umpiring. But, what will happen is we end up getting very poor decisions. This has been the way of life when we tour. We need technology, the only thing that can be a saving grace to counter these disgraceful umpiring.
That is the problem with you people , you have DECIDED in your mind that we will get the rough end of decisions. With such a mindset , you will make interpretations that werent really there. Your mind will automatically focus on decisions that you "thought" harmed us , not realizing or giving attention to numerous other decisions which went either way.
Like I have said it a million times MM ... I stand on a mountain of evidence ... you cannot just dismiss that because of lack of time. You either produce evidence to back up your claim or accept that there is a problem which needs to be fixed. and pray tell whats soo obscenly wrong about putting in a system that will give you 100% accuracy ?
As i said , i am done and dusted. We nearly did a 200 post thread on this not so long ago. Go read it if you need further clarifications about my stance on this.
Like I have said it a million times MM ... I stand on a mountain of evidence ... you cannot just dismiss that because of lack of time. You either produce evidence to back up your claim or accept that there is a problem which needs to be fixed. and pray tell whats soo obscenly wrong about putting in a system that will give you 100% accuracy ?
This is really key. We cannot stand such nonsense (be it in favor of India, or against India). Wrong decision is bad, no matter who the beneficiary. Lets make the progression to getting right decisions most of the times at least, for the game. Technology usage in heavy dosage is the way to go. If there are weaknesses in technology, ICC should invest money to improve them.
MM: Can you point me to that thread where you stated your stance on Technology in umpiring? If thats too much hassle, summarize in 2-3 bullet points right here. I dont want to exhaust you again, but I'll just read them. Thats all. No need to debate if you dont want to.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=56052&highlight=counties+referral You need a couple of days to read this. My entire weekend went in this... :haha:
This is really key. We cannot stand such nonsense (be it in favor of India' date= or against India). Wrong decision is bad, no matter who the beneficiary. Lets make the progression to getting right decisions most of the times at least, for the game. Technology usage in heavy dosage is the way to go. If there are weaknesses in technology, ICC should invest money to improve them.
The umpires get their decisions right most of the times anyways- so seems like your contention is already satisfied. As per getting technology involved- how is that going to help ? If you contest that umpires are cheats, well then the cheating simply moves to the one behind the action-replay console. The computer is not going to judge cricket directly- it will still have- it NEEDS to have some dude sitting on the console pressing the green or the red button, making his mind up after viewing the replay footages. if you think that the technology will give you 100% accuracy, you are mistaken- there have been controversial run-out third umpiring decisions as well. They will remain so in catches taken aspect as well. And as far as lbw goes- technology is NOT good enough to replace the human element- hawkeye is nowhere near as accurate and consistent as it needs to be for it to make lbw judgement calls. Simply because, hawkeye is not good enough. All this 'cheating umpires' is nothing more than a crutch for losers who refuse to accept that their team is not good enough. And it does not matter what mountain of evidence you are standing on- because the mountain of evidence is merely instances of umpires getting it wrong. And such 'mountains of evidence' exists to show the umpires get it wrong sometimes regardless of the opposition, thus is nothing but selective data analysis (that is, if the folks who claim this are competent enough in data analysis) to try and prove a pre-concieved notion. In other words, its called data-mining. Umpiring is fine as it is.

As far as improving technology goes- sorry but i don't think you have a clue on what you are really asking here. hawkeye is nowhere good enough to judge lbw calls and it already is a pretty sweet piece of technology. But if you knew the physics behind it or the engineering aspect, i doubt you'd be too hot on hawkeye either. You want accuracy in a system that SIMULATES the trajectory of a ball- a ball that has lateral velocity, axial spin and uneven aerodynamics ( one side rougher- reverse swing type) and where even 1 degree of movement is enough to miss the stumps or hit the top of leg stump. There is also the collision modelling ( collision with the pitch, ie, bounce) unless you wanna use tech only for full-tosses. Collison modelling in itself requires some heavy-duty software and high end machinery to number-crunch with acceptable accuracy. Well, if thats what you want- get working on it and i wish you good luck. if you succeed, you will be a billionaire for sure for guess what- not even the US MILITARY have devices with such fine accuracy for predicting a flight path. ICC might reject your ideas but you would for sure have the NSA, DRDO, etc. come knocking on your doors for such a quantum leap in flight-prediction path. Hell, you'd even become the hero of the hippies- for with that piece of technology, ICBMs become obsolete and no longer do we have to fear the possibility of a nuke comming crashing down on us.