Sehwag, Yuvraj and Pathan: Should they go to WC 07 ?

jf1gp_1

Let me add a few more names VVS, Kaif, Kumble, Mongia and Munaf. Now the only reason why Yuvraj is on that list cause he is coming out of an injury. Not sure if he is match fit, we anyways are running low on middle order batsman should we take one who may not be 100% fit. If yuvraj misses the boat then there are only two possible replacements Mongia or VVS. In 03 Mongia was selected over VVS, i would prefer VVS over him this time for only one reason. Experience in middle order. One man i dont want to see in WC squad is Munaf. He is still not ready for bowling in ODIs, cant bat ,which is fine but he just cant field and will break down for sure. Another Nehra in making ?? I know a whole bunch of people will disagree with me but Kumble and Kaif just have to be there in the WC squad. (yoda has already started typing his response) If we are going to get pitches similiar to what we got when we visited WI earlier last year then both just have to be there. Now what do we do with Sehwag and Pathan. I want both dropped but i also want to see Sehwag open batting and Pathan open bowling. Even if both just have slightly above average tournament noone can stop us from entering semi's atleast. Everytime Sehwag or pathan have a good game we win. I cant imagine not selecting them for WC but given the kind of form they are in i say no way. and no i didnt forget Raina i have no clue why he is still in the squad.

Re: Sehwag, Yuvraj and Pathan: Should they go to WC 07 ? IMO Sehwag, Anil Kumble and Yuvraj are must. Pathan's inclusion should be based on how well he is bowling and I would preferably see him in the squad. I prefer VVS over Raina any day, absolutely no comparison there.

Re: Sehwag, Yuvraj and Pathan: Should they go to WC 07 ? Sehwag, Yuvraj yes. Pathan is a 50-50. I'd gamble & take him to WI, as taking unproven allrounders like Joginder might yield worse results. Munaf & Kumble will make the squad as well. Mongia will unfortunately miss out. If he needs to get in, then Pathan must make way. VVS - No. I would not touch Kaif with a 10 foot pole, with my body armor on.

Re: Sehwag, Yuvraj and Pathan: Should they go to WC 07 ? my 14: 1. Sourav Ganguly 2. Sachin Tendulkar 3. VVS Laxman 4. Rahul Dravid 5. Virender Sehwag 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. MS Dhoni 8. Ajit Agarkar 9. Anil Kumble 10. Sreesanth 11. Zaheer Khan -This is my starting 11, solid openers, solid middle order batsmen, solid end of innings attackers, good bowling attack. 12. Harbhajan Singh 13. Irfan Pathan 14. Gautam Gambhir

Re: Sehwag, Yuvraj and Pathan: Should they go to WC 07 ? Batsman------------Avg--------------SR Ganguly------------40.88------------73.91 Gambhir------------28.11------------77.85 Tendulkar----------44.01------------85.48 Dravid--------------39.90------------70.64 Dhoni---------------44.92------------99.44 Yuvraj--------------34.84------------85.78 Sehwag------------31.28------------95.96 Laxman-------------30.76------------71.23 Kaif----------------- 32.01------------72.03 These stats should explain why Laxman & Kaif are poor ODI players. POOR AVERAGE, POOR STRIKE RATE. End of debate

Re: Sehwag, Yuvraj and Pathan: Should they go to WC 07 ? correct stats and wrong conclusion, Bumps.... Lax averages 30 batting at 3, Sehwag averages 32 opening the bat, both of which are equivalent to averaging 22 or so at number 6 or 7.... Kaif has performed much better than those two.....

Re: Sehwag, Yuvraj and Pathan: Should they go to WC 07 ? Oh yea those stats dont mean nothing, bearing in mind that look at where Laxman has played the majority of his one day cricket OVERSEES where the conditions are demanding, when has Laxman ever got a fair run on indian pitches where he can regain his form and play some strokes and regain his his place on the side, players like Laxman are not good on paper BUT you forget one thing my friend whenever Laxman has scored 50 and over it has done wonders most of the time, why is any of these young hootlems such as Raina Kaif Mongia Karthik compare to Laxman, Laxman is class, proven matchwinner, after all hes one of the only a batsmen in the world who can conquer the best bowling attack in the world Australia. SO your stats are useless and they honestly dont speak for itself.