Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really

talksport

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really Ganguly has. His poise, his timing and the return of the class and combative spirit that once characterised his batting in South Africa ensured that he'll be in the side a while longer. The 98 here was simply icing on the cake. Gambhir still has much to prove. The fact that the wicket was flatter than a Faisalabad track will be remembered in his case, simply because he hasn't yet shown the ability to convert potential to big scores on the bigger stage, and needs to still prove his batting ability in all conditions.

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really Ganguly may have sealed his position in the ODI team. I'm still not convinced by Gambhir--not because I don't believe in him--but because we're playing on flat Indian wickets. Remember our 17-consecutive wins while chasing one year ago??? Think about the lows we hit after that success. The one thing I took away from all that was: batting well in India DON'T PROVE SHYTE. RSA and W.I. were the real test for our ODI team and we all know what happened there. So--bottom line: I don't know what lessons we can take out of these one-dayers, ... ... I just pray that our team's balls don't ascend back into their body cavity when they leave the Subcontinent in a few months.

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really Ganguly has sealed his spot for sure. He doesnt have to prove his class, its just his form & confidence that was in question. He's got both now. Gambhir may be an FTB. But he has shown that he can get in and make big scores. Sehwag, has many a times, scored a fast 30 on these pitches & disappeared. U have to credit Gambhir for making a 50 in a do-or-die comeback game. Besides batting Tendu & Sehwag at the top makes our batting lineup too top heavy. Frequently one of them gets dismissed cheaply denting our morale. Playing Ganguly & Gambhir will lend us a better balance, IMO.

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really We have been batting shyte on all types of services for a year now. Any form by our batters is MORE then welcome. Being a bully on flat tracks can get the confidence and form going and can mean better form on more tricky tracks as a result. We need more flat tracks to get our batters in full form and confidence for the WC

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really gambhir - the jury is definitely out on him, still.... he was beaten multiple times outside the off stump by 125 kph lollies from bradshaw on such a flat pitch..... he keeps flailing his bat on a short of length ball outside off.... maybe, he will learn or he wont...... but he wont last against quality opposition, if he continues like tht..... but definitely the most impressive option at present.... sehwag was given a loooooooong run in the opening position and averages 31..... fack, thts ridiculous waste... every good opener in this decade averages 36+ at more or less tht strike rate.....

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really I wouldn't think so. Both have to perform consistently enough in the next 7 games to be assured of a place for the WC and in particular as openers. Ganguly of course is more of an automatic choice not because he has done great but because the rest are mediocre.

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really WC squad will be announced before 3rd ODI against SL. that means 5 more games. If Gambhir or ganguly score 1,8,0,14,3 in the next 5 game everyone on this board will be discussing return of kaif or pathan in place of one of them.

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really

WC squad will be announced before 3rd ODI against SL. that means 5 more games. If Gambhir or ganguly score 1,8,0,14,3 in the next 5 game everyone on this board will be discussing return of kaif or pathan in place of one of them.
I certainly will not be calling for the return of Kaif and Pathan.

Re: Have Ganguly & Gambhir sealed their Spots really lol its funny that the pitch was flat dead, anyone can score even an 80 yr old. its funny because players like this get hyped up so much after scoring on such pitches look at poor VVS Laxman look at the conditions he batted in, so much is demanded for him, one must feel that he should get chances like this but Indian selectors use and abuse him,still managed descent scores compared most of those hooligans.