Team for Third One Day

talksport

Re: Team for Third One Day

5 bowlers? Ravi' date=' that is suicide. We need to bat deep and Pathan has to play so that we can atleast lay claim to have 8 "batsmen". RSA will prepare pitches like these for every single game and we are going to need every single run we can get. As I mentioned, I think our bowling is fine. Munaf,Zaheer,Bhajji and Pathan can get 7-8 wickets amongst them consistently. Now let's hope the batsmen remember how to bat.[/quote'] Pathan is not a batsman or bowler.

Re: Team for Third One Day Bat deep with Kaif, Raina and Mongia in the team? Doesn't sound fitting at all. Also do you think South Africa are going to shake in their boots at having to face our fast bowlers, heck no. Most of their players don't face top class spinner like Anil in South Africa on a daily basis. They have the fast bowlers like ours for break fast on a daily basis. We saw our bowlers pitching short and gets smacked all over. Our guys can bounce but where is the build to get the extra bounce??? Pathan is only an insurance in both batting and bowling depts. He ain't a spearhead in both at the moment. I still believe Pathan isn't any worse than Kaif, Raina or Mongia. I have seen Pathan face up to Akthar, Lee and the rest. That lad can definitely bat.

Re: Team for Third One Day Our bowling did a pretty decent job the other day I thought. And RSA have always played Kumble as a medium pacer in ODIs. Cullinan admitted this back in the '97 series when Woolmer advised the Saffies to stop looking for the turn and to play him as a dibbly dobbly pacer and it worked to their advantage. I don't think Kumble will do much in the ODIs. SRT,Sehwag,Dhoni,Kaif,Dravid,Mongia,Raina,Pathan should be the batting if we are to win this series or even a game!

Our bowling did a pretty decent job the other day I thought. And RSA have always played Kumble as a medium pacer in ODIs. Cullinan admitted this back in the '97 series when Woolmer advised the Saffies to stop looking for the turn and to play him as a dibbly dobbly pacer and it worked to their advantage. I don't think Kumble will do much in the ODIs. SRT,Sehwag,Dhoni,Kaif,Dravid,Mongia,Raina,Pathan should be the batting if we are to win this series or even a game!
There's only one player left from those days for SA Gambo i.e Kallis. Rest have hardly seen much of Kumble. It is far easier said than done to play someone like Anil for the young ones. Kumble isn't any more one dimensional, he just doesn't keep bowling his flippers all the time, he has fantastic googly, variation in pace and length. Kumble of today is way different from the one we used to see in the 90s. I'm sure we will see a bit of him in this series and hopefully Kumble will display his skills.

Our bowling did a pretty decent job the other day I thought. And RSA have always played Kumble as a medium pacer in ODIs. Cullinan admitted this back in the '97 series when Woolmer advised the Saffies to stop looking for the turn and to play him as a dibbly dobbly pacer and it worked to their advantage. I don't think Kumble will do much in the ODIs.
I agree. I think generally over last year our bowling has been good as well as fielding. We do not conceded big scores now. Always reasonable targets of 250 below. Just our batters are in horrible form for a while now.

Kumble isn't any more one dimensional' date=' he just doesn't keep bowling his flippers all the time, he has fantastic googly, variation in pace and length. Kumble of today is way different from the one we used to see in the 90s.[/quote'] Good point, but his approach is still the same. Kumble will never be suited to ODIs because he is the kind of bowler who sets batsmen up over the course of several overs, and doesn't have that many wicket taking deliveries up his sleeve. He is not a wicket-taking option by any measure and a restrictive bowler at best.

Re: Team for Third One Day replace bajji with kumble.... thatz it... our batting is still strong, dont start talking crap that bring pathan as he can bat too.. thing is our batting line up is still very strong, its just that they are not playing well, and adding pathan too it woulnt make it very strong as if pathan would win for us, its just that we failed that day and will continue to fail till our senior players dont realise.. as i said again, batting is still strong, its just that we have to continue good bowling... and hope that our batsmans can find form...