Lets Panic!

Guest dada_rocks

Oke oke guys we screwed a ittle in the end but still on the top.. U Karthik don't let me down.. don' expect much from jaffer papad.. Dravid 73 tendulkar 91 ganguly 79 laxman 41 dhoni 76 Karthik 66 Jaffer 14 Kumble 38 bhajji 21 zaheer 28 Munaf 7 Extra 23 Total=557 all out

DSR, 142-8 to 210-8 Its ok if it happened just yesterday. This has been a rather regular feature. We let the tail wag too much on many occasions. Thats why people are very annoyed with our team. Why repeat this in so many Tests? MOMENTUM is important, and we let the momentum shift without applying the pedal to the metal.

Reading all of Fineleg's posts , one just gets the impression that only a Scoreboard like this will make her happy, India won the toss and bat first 1550/5 declared - Jaffer : 245, Karthik : 212 , Dravid : 190 : Sachin : 312 , Ganguly : 280 , Laxman : 205 Pakistan : First innings : 12 all out , Munaf : 5/1 , Harbhajan : 4/2 , Ganguly 2 direct hit run-outs Second innings : 14 all out , Zaheer : 7/2 , Kumble : 2/2, Ganguly 1 direct hit run out. The only problem with such a scoreboard is , IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN :D

Nah, from 142-8, all I wanted was to get Pak #10 (Sami) and #11 (Kaneria) out before Pak reached a total of 175-180 runs. 35-40 runs to get #10 and #11 should have been possible, and not "impossible, it will never happen" It is only when they closed in on 200, like ravi had earlier written, the "200" mark from 142-8 that it was very disappointing. AND MAINLY becos we have done this sorta thing many times in the past.

If we squander a situation they are 8/140 against Australia we will get hammered ... I cast your mind back to an Aus vs Win game in 2005 in Adelaide where Win batted first and made 451, and had Aus at 8/290 ... Aus made 452, then bowled Win out for about 100 odd and chased down the target in the 4th innings with ease.

If we squander a situation they are 8/140 against Australia we will get hammered ... I cast your mind back to an Aus vs Win game in 2005 in Adelaide where Win batted first and made 451' date=' and had Aus at 8/290 ... Aus made 452, then bowled Win out for about 100 odd and chased down the target in the 4th innings with ease.[/quote'] MM will do well to take note :D