The Android Thread

StriKe

Only manual update isn't it? Not yet in system update .
you will get it soon they update through stage roll out because some times update has problem and its better if only few users get it at first majority after 2-3 days also its very easy process just need to download update file on computer and connect phone to pc and it will take one very easy command and 20 minutes to update with no data loss so if you want to you can update now or wait few more days

Wrong it will not slow it down at all way animations work is different now
dont know abt animations .. but UI is heavier than older touchwiz kitkat was actually designed for mid range devices conventional wisdom says , smasung devices will slow down within a year or two esp the exynos ones screwing the PCBs

Nope this is quicker in every way Wayne kit Kat and also lighter Ui looks heavier and better but way it works means device will be only smoother I am talking about pure Android here and not touchwiz as I have not seen how they will mess it I think gpu now plays much larger part in processing in. Android5 and learlier it was sitting there idle so even if ui is richer older devices will run it in same way

dont know abt animations .. but UI is heavier than older touchwiz kitkat was actually designed for mid range devices conventional wisdom says , smasung devices will slow down within a year or two esp the exynos ones screwing the PCBs
No, UI and Animation is smooth now and for more better performance will come with custom kernel. Exynos :wall:

No, UI and Animation is smooth now and for more better performance will come with custom kernel. Exynos :wall:
Yep exynos will take months to get stable build but that is not fault of android but this software is made to run on low end devices ..this is also reason I am sticking with my one for one more year and gonna buy battery pack for it :giggle:

Yep exynos will take months to get stable build but that is not fault of android but this software is made to run on low end devices ..this is also reason I am sticking with my one for one more year and gonna buy battery pack for it :giggle:
Same here..My build is on alpha stage but stable has rock ! few minor issues but will be fixed eventually :nice:

More important question is ..how is the battery life ?
Installed it 2 hrs back LOL :--D...will observe for a couple of days and post ... Battery life currently is no great shakes anyway ( lasts barely for a day ) so will be surprised if it screws up more I would assume Lollipop will work better on better hardware than the 2 yr old Nexus 4 though

Installed it 2 hrs back LOL :--D...will observe for a couple of days and post ... Battery life currently is no great shakes anyway ( lasts barely for a day ) so will be surprised if it screws up more I would assume Lollipop will work better on better hardware than the 2 yr old Nexus 4 though
Yes I know it's bad but I have heard it improves battery a bit Btw please switch of location reporting it will save ton of battery :--D