The Android Thread

StriKe

I remember now..I think DM was saying about some issues with his S3 in another thread :hmmm: Touchwiz :facepalm: Make your phone awful..Everything lags when we try to open..Contacts,Camera,Phone,Gallery,Apps etc... :wall:
yes he did ...they refused to replace it :cantstop: and worst part is touchwiz can even slow down current flagships and they sell majority of android phone ...sigh

I have S4 and installed Nova launcher immediately after buying it ( disabled Touchwiz )...did not experience any issues....I love Nova launcher - even the free version is enough though I went for the paid Nova Prime :yay:
Touchwiz core apps still runs even if you use different launcher..There is a huge difference between Stock S3 and Custom ROM S3 :nice:
yes he did ...they refused to replace it :cantstop: and worst part is touchwiz can even slow down current flagships and they sell majority of android phone ...sigh
Maybe but Touchwiz on S5/Note 4 have improved a lot i heard :hmmm:

Touchwiz core apps still runs even if you use different launcher..There is a huge difference between Stock S3 and Custom ROM S3 :nice: Maybe but Touchwiz on S5/Note 4 have improved a lot i heard :hmmm:
not used note 4 but have tried s5 and yes its useable but still not as quick as similarly spec phones my last years m7 was quicker than it while launching apps and obviously much quicker when launching core apps

The ba**** Samsung did nothing - and the main problem was the battery used to drain and excessive over heating. The battery didn't last for even 10 hours! I'm glad I sold it. I just want a phone which works and has basic apps. The phone is going to be used by a senior citizen!

The ba**** Samsung did nothing - and the main problem was the battery used to drain and excessive over heating. The battery didn't last for even 10 hours! I'm glad I sold it. I just want a phone which works and has basic apps. The phone is going to be used by a senior citizen!
get g ...probably first gen as u might save money and it had almost best in world battery life :cantstop:

Moto G is the one you should buy. You need a simple phone that does the job well and Moto G fits the bill perfectly.

Where can I find Moto G - 1st Gen? The websites show 2nd gen only.
don't know about that ..2nd gen just has little bigger screen and 2 speakers so i guess price wise they will be pretty close so maybe they stopped selling it .. 2nd gen also has pretty good battery but first gen was little better because smaller screen used less battery but tell me are u happy with nexus 5 battery or iPhone 5s battery ? 2nd gen might be better than nexus battery wise as it uses very low power chip...

don't know about that ..2nd gen just has little bigger screen and 2 speakers so i guess price wise they will be pretty close so maybe they stopped selling it .. 2nd gen also has pretty good battery but first gen was little better because smaller screen used less battery but tell me are u happy with nexus 5 battery or iPhone 5s battery ? 2nd gen might be better than nexus battery wise as it uses very low power chip...
I am quite happy with the batter of both phones!

did some search 1st gen was better than nexus and iPhone in battery but this one performs little bit bad but to by much New-Moto-G-and-X.008.png still its good enough and i think this was reviewed very close to its release so with updates it might have gotten better and with android l it will surely get more battery so ..

yes i think they just replaced 1st gen which is a shame as they could have just reduced some price and sold it ... this image i posted gives you clear idea about what to expect i am easily getting through day with moto x with 4 + screen on time and using wifi/3g and even watching youtube on 3g so if its for basic usage i can imagine some people getting even 2 days with g ...

I would be happy to buy the 1st Generation Moto G too' date=' if available. Also, iPhone 5S battery beats Nexus 5 :D[/quote'] when its new yes but when u install apps and keep background refresh on it goes downhill very quickly but nothing beats iPhone stand by time ..so you have more battery to use when u need it and it does not drains in back ground much

when its new yes but when u install apps and keep background refresh on it goes downhill very quickly but nothing beats iPhone stand by time ..so you have more battery to use when u need it and it does not drains in back ground much
I always switch off background app refresh - I don't see any benefit.
also one last thing ..since its motorola the call quality will be perfect too ...many companies ignore phone part of smart"phone" ..' well make up ur mind i think u can't go wrong with g ...
Very good point - that's the core of Motorola business if you know their history and how they rose as a company. I even have the Moto Rokr E8 with me. :D This article is an excellent primer on Motorola History - http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/September-2014/What-Happened-to-Motorola/

I always switch off background app refresh - I don't see any benefit. Very good point - that's the core of Motorola business if you know their history and how they rose as a company. I even have the Moto Rokr E8 with me. :D This article is an excellent primer on Motorola History - http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/September-2014/What-Happened-to-Motorola/
Nice article. Please share more interesting articles..

Very good point - that's the core of Motorola business if you know their history and how they rose as a company. I even have the Moto Rokr E8 with me. :D This article is an excellent primer on Motorola History - http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/September-2014/What-Happened-to-Motorola/
Good one.. Moto patents are such a goldmine that google paid 11B$ + to acquire the company and then sold off the phone biz for a quarter of that price.