The Android Thread

StriKe

date of release doesnt matter .. Samsung in the re branding and streamlining the models .. if i am not wrong A series and E series too running on kitkat out of the box , so preference will be given to these ( S5 will get lollipop and few already got it ).. it is very very diff for samsung to port s4 to lollipop becoz of so many variants ...

dont listen to sabby .. try to sell b4 it gets outdated or gift it to someone i am telling this from economics point of view or you yourself can check it in olx official price of new s4 is 21K , might go down by another 2 or 3k when s6 comes out.. i am 100% positive that s4 will be discontinued when s6 comes out

whatever you hear is rumours or official lies .. you cant blindly believe unless u see.. there were N number demos for S3 kitkat , but not many devices got it.. porting/upgrading is not a simple task esp when samsung has got 1000s of devices to support trust me in this .. many teams are moved out of android and now they started working on Tizen.. i am sure carrier versions will ( at&t , verizon etc ) will get it .. but even god might not be knowing when others will get it

OK ok..peace..I will wait till Feb end. I need two devices for personal/work so I was planning to use both ( S4 and N4 ) till this year end atleast ( I mentioned elsewhere that I spent a lot of money on phones/laptops/gadgets in last 2-3 years and this year I will not buy anything else except maybe an SSD and some RAM ) Same with my wife who is currently using G3/BB. If she is able to swap the BB with iPhone, no issues and I can go as per plan of continuing till year end. I am a bit attached to S4 as it has not given me any problem ( which even my Nexus gave me once ). It is smooth, plays all heavy games, takes decent photos and gave me 50 GB dropbox space free. I like Lollipop on N4 so really hope S4 gets it. Samsung has no excuse for not providing it to international variant ( the Exynos one ) which are not tied to any carrier too.

it will get lollipop and if i was you i would have used it for one more year too like i was going to with my m7 but it had some issues so i fixed them and sold . keep iphone ..i always think s series of iphone is always not worth buying as you have major change in next year so this should feel new for 2 years ..

Lol s3 got kit kat and in India it did not because of 1 GB ram . Anyway I can assure you it will restbis your wish .
i hate samsung phones :mad: ok.. lets gets serious .. google developed ( optimized ) kitkat to make it use less memory/heap.. so when samsung says that it cant support bcoz of memory , they r bluffing :winky:

i hate samsung phones :mad: ok.. lets gets serious .. google developed ( optimized ) kitkat to make it use less memory/heap.. so when samsung says that it cant support bcoz of memory , they r bluffing :winky:
yes that is true but touchwiz only got bigger for example stock android 5 update is like 500-600 mb galaxy s5 update is 1.5 gb!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

one of my bengali colleague got huawei honor tab ... paid around 16k have to say its build quality and feel is really good .. browsing is very smooth and UI is closer to stock android ui launcher.. we compared the configurations and samsng galaxy tab s costs 37k ( official price ).. :giggle:

one of my bengali colleague got huawei honor tab ... paid around 16k have to say its build quality and feel is really good .. browsing is very smooth and UI is closer to stock android ui launcher.. we compared the configurations and samsng galaxy tab s costs 37k ( official price ).. :giggle:
are specs really same ?

are specs really same ?
only the processor is inferior .. exynos/SD vs mediatek :D rest all huawei beats galaxy tab in spec.. camera spec is far more superior 13/5 MP vs 8/2 obviously xiaomi mipad will be having snapdragon with far more better specs .. but guess wont be available here

only the processor is inferior .. exynos/SD vs mediatek :D rest all huawei beats galaxy tab in spec.. camera spec is far more superior 13/5 MP vs 8/2 obviously xiaomi mipad will be having snapdragon with far more better specs .. but guess wont be available here
hmm ..samsung screens are best too and on tablet it matters .. but for most people i agree spending so much on tablet is not good idea .