The Android Thread

StriKe

L3Bb16z.jpg
At this stage, it is unclear as to how the country-specific invites would work seeing as how the device is set to go on sale soon on Amazon. As for pricing, the OnePlus One is estimated to be in the vicinity of Rs. 25,000 ($400) for the 64GB version. We'll let you know more once we receive all the details.

Can anyone recommend some good mid-range Android phones. I'm looking to get a smart phone for my mother. She's never used a smart phone, she doesn't require any fancy features. But I want something that is quick, lag-free, considering she won't be using any app which would be strenuous on the hardware, we should be good in that area.

I was looking at those actually' date=' along with LG G2, which I came across for £150 in Black Friday sales.[/quote'] G2 is better phone but with not as good software and there might be lag even with more power But it has much batter camera ,battery and imo one of best screens I have seen but software side was little bit of mess when it released don't know about now Just use it in store about moto g it has stock android like software and for normal day to day use even I can live with it with no problem

Do not buy one plus one in India as it would have no cyanogen support or ota U will need to go to their service centre which probably do not exist and get phone updated to firmware they developed which might be really bad tbh This is because cyanogen ****ed up and made exclusive deal with micro ax to to have their software on their phone and now they are now allowed to support one plus one in India Just stay away from it unless u want to hack and install manually

Do not buy one plus one in India as it would have no cyanogen support or ota U will need to go to their service centre which probably do not exist and get phone updated to firmware they developed which might be really bad tbh This is because cyanogen ****ed up and made exclusive deal with micro ax to to have their software on their phone and now they are now allowed to support one plus one in India Just stay away from it unless u want to hack and install manually
Then what is the default in India? Stock lollipop? Ain't that just awesome? Sorry noob here. Apart from a few customizations to gui, does cyanogen offer anything spl?

Then what is the default in India? Stock lollipop? Ain't that just awesome? Sorry noob here. Apart from a few customizations to gui, does cyanogen offer anything spl?
Problem is this new company will have to port software and it never really good . Just because it is stock does not means it will work perfectly even cyanogen took 3 months to get things perfect specially screen latency problems ..I do not expect great software support as they cannot even give out over the air updates and they will do it for only Indians phones which lets face it will be minority ...see the problem ? Do u really think they will invest resources cooking so perfectly for one country alone ...better stay away unless u want to install stuff urself as it's easy to hack

Stock android itself does not makes good software u still have to optimise it to hardware ...stock android is light that is its advantage many Chinese phone has stock like android but still crashes all the time while companies like htc have skinned android but works as quick as stock I love stock because of consistent design and quick updates and apps feel at home on stock whole do not on other interfaces

Stock android itself does not makes good software u still have to optimise it to hardware ...stock android is light that is its advantage many Chinese phone has stock like android but still crashes all the time while companies like htc have skinned android but works as quick as stock I love stock because of consistent design and quick updates and apps feel at home on stock whole do not on other interfaces
Thanks. Can you also let know what are the befits of cyanogen over stock?

Thanks. Can you also let know what are the befits of cyanogen over stock?
Some added features and more customisation options It's mainly popular with users of phones which have skins and want stock like experience It's so popular and big because they support old devices for so long like Galaxy s3 strike uses I honestly did not like it much and put some other rooms which did more crazy stuff :giggle: On my htc one I prefered Google play edition rom which are from Google to cyanogen Also I do not like this company they have some iffy practices which you can search about and have got into trouble a lot ever since it became a corporation ...just see incompetence here they ****ed up the release of one plus one because of their own incompetence and by signing exclusive deal with micromax when your phone itself is releasing 7 days after that deal :hysterical:

Cyanogen is just one of hundreds of roms but most popular because of its support and its very. Lose to stock android but has lots of enhancement and tweaks but obviously less stable than something Google produced I prefer stock over it but many do not but if you have note 3 then trust me u have no real advantage to use it and you will lose all s pen functions ...

CM name has gone down in the past year..Their build is so worse and buggy, they are focusing on the business front instead of development.. PA,Slim,AOKP,Carbon and PAC - All doing great works and are active in development

CM name has gone down in the past year..Their build is so worse and buggy, they are focusing on the business front instead of development.. PA,Slim,AOKP,Carbon and PC - All doing great works and are active in development
Yep when I used to flash it was good rom but paranoid android was also very famous and did what it promised better and how can I forget aokp ...it gave me no issue ever