I pulled Misbah today

kabira

well I will never ever laugh at Misbah again... I started playing cricket after almost 2 years and today was my first day. We were chasing 59 off 10 overs and I opened, we needed 14 off 12, we took single, I than struck a yuvrajseque slog sleep for a boundary and then cheeky late cut, we needed 5 off last over. My partner wasted delivery and he took single, 4 off 4 now, I took safe route and took another single, 3 off 3 now, my partner hit ball well enuf for 2 but he was lazy and got runout, and I was last man, easy task. 2 off 2 now. Opposition captain brings in the field, and clearly invited me to go over the top. I was in 2 minds, whether to opt for single or hit over the top and finish the game, but unfortunetly missed yorker that went outside the off stump, one more ball and now field is spread, single was easy now, but I again missed ball that I thought was wide enuf to call wide, but eventually there was big fight on that and game was over. I pulled Misbah and that was not enuf, I pulled side strain and now on bed rest.

I was involved in a similar situation in a 6 overs match yesterday. We needed 6 runs of the last over with 2 wickets in hand and i took the single of the very first ball to expose the tailender. With 5 needed of 5 balls the guy wasted 3 balls but the bowler kind of helped us out by bowling 2 wides. Now with 3 needed of 2 balls he slogged and totally missed the ball leaving us 3 runs to win of the final ball. Once again he slogged but this time he made a bit of contact and ball landed safely between the 2 fielders but for some strange reason he kind of hesitated while coming back for the 2nd and was run out. End result: We lost by 1 run:sad_smile: Thankfully that was just the first of the four matches that we played and needless to say that we stormed back to win the next 3 games.:regular_smile:

Guest dada_rocks

I thought u will report hop-run-out encore.. That 2 run from 2 ball is old story.. Misbah's life is full of drama, flavour of the day happens to be how to time your hop to aid fielder in running you out