Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

All of us saw how the so-called senior players got complacent towards the end of their careers and hung on to their places despite abysmal performances, including the great SRT. What Chappell was perhaps trying to do was to have merit-based selection rather than this senior player / junior player divide. Aussies don't give a rat's @$$ about seniority. All they care about is putting the best eleven on the field.
Maxwell at no.3 is the best example for it.:hysterical:
looks like goody will be opening up his heart which he closed it for the past 25 years :giggle: i am interested in what he said about kambli .. as far as i know kambli got pciked only bcoz sachin wants him but kambli backstabbed him later
This is some bullshit which is being promulgated by Goody-haters as facts. Kambli ended his career with highest ever test average for an Indian batsmen, having played 10 or more tests. Many people on this forum opened threads time-to-time to question if he was maintaining that good average why he wasn't given more chances. The idea that he was picked because of Sachin is nothing but wishful imagination of your like-minded friends.

Nothing is so black and white.Chappell Did some good work and the direction he wanted the team to go was good but his methods were too dictatorial.He shook the seniors and he saved some careers like sehwag,bhajji and even ganguly who got too complacent.Chappell had problems with every side even australian side seniors like ponting he is too big a ego to cooperate i feel.I do not believe sachin should have said anything about the conversation,he too would have had many its human nature.

Then' date=' what is the reason he is in the team? Is he a senior player that should be persisted with till eternity?[/quote'] Because Australian selectors believe in putting hacks on field who are young because they think young blood is greater than anything. And how it backfired. Guys to see why chappell was so moronic in his ways, go check the responses of the senior guys. These are cricketers who have ad much or better experience than chappell the player. If that is not sufficient, check their records in the four years succeeding chappell s ouster.
Then' date=' what is the reason he is in the team? Is he a senior player that should be persisted with till eternity?[/quote']Lol why ask me ? :rofl: you already came to a conclusion they only pick the best that is there Another gem from the holy Texan asking an icfer to explain aussie team selection :haha:

Unbeleivable how people are putting chappell s words over laxman, Sachin, gangly, zaheer and bhajji s, especially when it is proven Indian cricket reached its nadir under him and reached heights after his ouster. Geez. What exactly was Chappell s contribution to Indian team? Only thing I can think about is it out some sense in bcci test a coach is to facilitate and not control.

Lol why ask me ? :rofl: you already came to a conclusion they only pick the best that is there Another gem from the holy Texan asking an icfer to explain aussie team selection :haha:
No, you are the one questioning it, so you should have some reason to question it.
Because Australian selectors believe in putting hacks on field who are young because they think young blood is greater than anything. And how it backfired. Guys to see why chappell was so moronic in his ways, go check the responses of the senior guys. These are cricketers who have ad much or better experience than chappell the player. If that is not sufficient, check their records in the four years succeeding chappell s ouster.
Watch out for his totally irrelevant whining
Because Australian selectors believe in putting hacks on field who are young because they think young blood is greater than anything. And how it backfired.
..... and persisting with non-performing seniors paid superb dividends in the Aus and England tours for us.
Eh ? pls show me where I questioned or tried to explain his selection
Er... you questioned the explanation. So, either you have a better explanation or you think that their team selection does not involve putting the best eleven on the field.
Quite high coming from you whiny
Ohh baby... got hurt? I have been extremely civil in my conversation with you up until this point, but you have continued your insinuations without reason. Can't you just participate in a debate without name-calling or is that too much to ask?