Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

It's not because they haven't tried' date=' but he seems to be the best they have right now. When we persisted with non-performing seniors over 0-8 drubbing, we had two batsmen warming the benches but not played. Now, can you explain why that was the case?
So you are saying that an opener who averages 36 is the best that Australia can offer? Well, then let me also justify that at their times, the seniors were the best India could offer as well. The seniors we fielded were then, better than the two junior batsmen warming the benches. See what I did there?
Were they given a chance when everyone else was hopeless? And as for Rahane, you can look at his away record and he has done fairly well.
So you expect a 4 years younger and raw'er' Rahane and Rohit would've performed better than what they are today? B-> Rahane FYI averaged 33 and Rohit 17 in the just concluded Eng series. Are you suggesting they'd have set the tour on fire four years back when they were even more raw, inexperienced and immature? Lovely.
So you are saying that an opener who averages 36 is the best that Australia can offer? Well, then let me also justify that at their times, the seniors were the best India could offer as well. The seniors we fielded were then, better than the two junior batsmen warming the benches. See what I did there?
No, we never tried them. If you look at Aus, they have tried multiple openers over the last 2 - 3 years. Come on man.... think about the scenario....4th Test v/s Aus coming up. You have lost 7 Tests v/s Eng and Aus combined until that point and have already lost the current series. What do you do? Pick the same hopeless senior players who have failed you in the 7 preceding Tests or pick the two (or at least one of the two) who has not even got a chance, but are part of the squad.
No, we never tried them. If you look at Aus, they have tried multiple openers over the last 2 - 3 years. Come on man.... think about the scenario....4th Test v/s Aus coming up. You have lost 7 Tests v/s Eng and Aus combined until that point and have already lost the current series. What do you do? Pick the same hopeless senior players who have failed you in the 7 preceding Tests or pick the two (or at least one of the two) who has not even got a chance, but are part of the squad.
but but but australia never tried a junior player in place of Ponting thats the point
So you expect a 4 years younger and raw'er' Rahane and Rohit would've performed better than what they are today? B-> Rahane FYI averaged 33 and Rohit 17 in the just concluded Eng series. Are you suggesting they'd have set the tour on fire four years back when they were even more raw, inexperienced and immature? Lovely.
Rahane was responsible for the sole win we had in the series. Look at his performance on all away tours so far. You think that is not good??? Rohit played only one Test. Sure, you can say he averaged only 17. Andy Ganteaume averages 112, yes more than Bradman!
Texan one more doubt. Phil Hughes is an opening batsman and he is only 25. He averaged mid fifties in the last Shield season and is arguably in form. Can you kindly tell me why Rogers was given the go ahead while Hughes was warming the bench?
This is where it gets ridiculous. You want me to justify all their team selections??? Mr X averages 1 more run than Mr Y. Mr Y got picked. Texan, please explain. Now, do you mind answering some of the questions I have posed about Indian team selection?
During the 4-0 whitewash when Australia toured India, Australia did exactly the same thing by persisting with the same opening combination of Ed Cowan and Dave Warner even when both of them did jackshit. May I ask why? What logic does it throw Rahane and Rohit into the deep end of the pool when they clearly showed that even after 4 years they need really good improvement as test batsmen?
What logic does it throw Rahane and Rohit into the deep end of the pool when they clearly showed that even after 4 years they need really good improvement as test batsmen?
So, play the same hopeless folks who no longer perform and get walked over? Right?
This is where it gets ridiculous. You want me to justify all their team selections??? Mr X averages 1 more run than Mr Y. Mr Y got picked. Texan' date=' please explain. Now, do you mind answering some of the questions I have posed about Indian team selection?[/quote'] You said that the senior, 37 year old Rogers was picked because there weren't good alternatives. i gave you a good alternative. Hughes is just 25 and is coming off a splendid domestic season. So why was Australia persisting with the "underperforming" senior?
You said that the senior, 37 year old Rogers was picked because there weren't good alternatives. i gave you a good alternative. Hughes is just 25 and is coming off a splendid domestic season. So why was Australia persisting with the "underperforming" senior?
Has Hughes never been tried in Tests?
So' date=' play the same hopeless folks who no longer perform and get walked over? Right?[/quote'] I wouldn't call Gambhir and Sehwag as "walkovers" if I consider what they have done before. Sachin had scored nothing in the 2003-04 series till the last match. But then he scored an epic 240 in the last match which will be remembered as one of his best knocks. Similarly in the 2004 series when England toured West Indies, lara scored precious nothing till the last match where he scored 400. So you understand the logic now?
1. No, but the same mentality applies today as well 2. Bhajji struggled with poor form for an extremely long period. Read my earlier post about how much we tend to persist with non-performers for a very very long time. Even Ganguly was struggling to get any runs when Chappell made the suggestion that he step down. 3. If I am not mistaken, Ponting was still getting 100s till the year he retired. I think he also played a crucial role in a 4th innings chase in SA which Aus eventually won by 2 wickets. I don't think SRT got a single 100 in the last 3 years of his Test career.
1. Agree, but you were saying only the seniors got selected unfairly 2. Did anyone say otherwise ? What about Ponting's average performances for the last six years of his career ? 3. Sachin has scored 2 centuries(46 inn) in his last 3 yrs Ponting has 3(57 inn)
I wouldn't call Gambhir and Sehwag as "walkovers" if I consider what they have done before. Sachin had scored nothing in the 2003-04 series till the last match. But then he scored an epic 240 in the last match which will be remembered as one of his best knocks. Similarly in the 2004 series when England toured West Indies, lara scored precious nothing till the last match where he scored 400. So you understand the logic now?
And how many runs did those seniors score in that last Test???.... I can't believe that you think it is better to keep those same folks who have been responsible for 7 consecutive away losses and not let a new player in. No accountability. Here is your ticket for some more free rides. Thanks for the last 10 years.
1. Agree, but you were saying only the seniors got selected unfairly 2. Did anyone say otherwise ? What about Ponting's average performances for the last six years of his career ? 3. Sachin has scored 2 centuries(46 inn) in his last 3 yrs Ponting has 3(57 inn)
How many 100s did SRT score in his last 20 Tests?