Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

yes' date=' he was upset and was given an hour to do it and he was close, the hour wasnt over, he wasnt on strike after being told that he had an over. He was upset and didnt talk, remained in the room, Rahul spoke to him and ..*dont remember if there was an apology** and they remained friends afterwards.[/quote'] There was no apology from anyone. Sachin told him that he should be left alone for some time but he would do his best on the field and the way he got Moin Khan the next day, soon made him forget everything.
There are many references to Dravid. What is disappointing though is they are largely limited to the cricket field which we've all seen. I would have been thrilled to learn about what they talked about in their long partnerships. Even if they don't get along on a personal level' date=' if that was indeed the case, how would they prepare for a match where both knew they had a huge role to play together. Nothing on those lines.[/quote'] +1 again. There's hardly any mention on the kind of talks they had in dressing rooms.
But he was never a nuisance to other people He never tried to kill young but threatening careers of other players He never behaved in such a way that Indian fans felt ashamed.. i could go on about the list of things he could have done and gotten away wit because of his star power and cult fan following bestowed upon the national hero. Players like Akhtar on the other hand saw about 1/10 th of success that Sachin saw, but behaved in a very obnoxious manner. It is very normal that success gets into your head. But how you handle it is the difference between a moron and a great person. Sachin is without any doubt a great person. Inspite of the demi-god status, his behaviour with young fans and less successful cricketers is pure class. You are right, but very harsh. Sachin's main fault is that he is very stingy when praising others. He gives a few ordinary lines like "LAra is a great player... Warne is a great competitor". You cannot expect him to say stuff like "Lara - I want my kid to play like sachin.... Warne- Sachin is giving me nightmares". When it comes to praise, he a stingy guy. He is like that. But that is hardly a major character fault. more like a tiny smudge on his great personality.
You should watch the CRininfo generation awards to see how much he praised guys like Warne,Dravid, Kallis. He's a reserved kinda guy so does not get all out in things. I don't believe in the fact that he got heavy headed and stuffs. The folks and even the haters in our offices were kinda spell bound when they interacted with him during the awards. I feel he is a very head strong character. He would do what he believed is correct.
yes' date=' he was upset and was given an hour to do it and he was close, the hour wasnt over, he wasnt on strike after being told that he had an over. He was upset and didnt talk, remained in the room, Rahul spoke to him and ..*dont remember if there was an apology** and they remained friends afterwards.[/quote'] I know the incident. I asked whether he mentioned that incident in the book.
But he was never a nuisance to other people He never tried to kill young but threatening careers of other players He never behaved in such a way that Indian fans felt ashamed.. i could go on about the list of things he could have done and gotten away wit because of his star power and cult fan following bestowed upon the national hero. Players like Akhtar on the other hand saw about 1/10 th of success that Sachin saw, but behaved in a very obnoxious manner. It is very normal that success gets into your head. But how you handle it is the difference between a moron and a great person. Sachin is without any doubt a great person. Inspite of the demi-god status, his behaviour with young fans and less successful cricketers is pure class. You are right, but very harsh. Sachin's main fault is that he is very stingy when praising others. He gives a few ordinary lines like "LAra is a great player... Warne is a great competitor". You cannot expect him to say stuff like "Lara - I want my kid to play like sachin.... Warne- Sachin is giving me nightmares". When it comes to praise, he a stingy guy. He is like that. But that is hardly a major character fault. more like a tiny smudge on his great personality.
I can agree with this. Sachin is humble in the sense that he's not loud and obnoxious. He's not Akhtar. He's not KP. He doesn't have the me versus world attitude. Think of the top 20 cricketers of our lifetimes, and he's probably among the least boorish. Although he clearly expects attention, he doesn't vociferously demand it. That he'd gotten a bit of an ego later in career has more to do with the infatuation of a star starved public than his own personality. He's not a me before team kind of guy, but a me and team kind of guy. He's unusually sensitive and therefore easily offended, but he doesn't allow that to impact his on field relationships and commitments. We've all see rags to riches stories in our private lives. The boy next door who made it to Bollywood. The girl from your high school that married a multi millionare. That broke Uncle who's two penny business blossomed into a wildly successful global corporation. Few of them handled success better than Sachin, despite all of Sachin's flaws that we've dissected in much detail.

AR Rehman is even more emotionally balanced than Sachin. He just doesnt give a damn about anyone in the world. Him and his music thatsall that matters to him. Probably if mozart wakes from his grave and pats ARR's shoulder. He will simply say "Thankyou". Atleast Sachin shows child-like excitement every once in a while. I never saw ARR getting excited on TV. Both are emotionally strong people. Sachin's reaction to sledging from Mccgrath is superb. He never thinks for a second that "I will show you what happens when you sledge the greatest batsman". He will simply play acc to the situation. sorry for diverting the topic. i just wanted to say this.

AR Rehman is even more emotionally balanced than Sachin. He just doesnt give a damn about anyone in the world. Him and his music thatsall that matters to him. Probably if mozart wakes from his grave and pats ARR's shoulder. He will simply say "Thankyou". Atleast Sachin shows child-like excitement every once in a while. I never saw ARR getting excited on TV. Both are emotionally strong people. Sachin's reaction to sledging from Mccgrath is superb. He never thinks for a second that "I will show you what happens when you sledge the greatest batsman". He will simply play acc to the situation. sorry for diverting the topic. i just wanted to say this.
Well, that depends won't it? ARR never really presented much of himself in the public space unlike Tendulkar. But agreed, never seen ARR getting worked up the slightest bit even after taunts by people like Ismail Darbar (jeez what a clown)...
Well' date=' that depends won't it? ARR never really presented much of himself in the public space unlike Tendulkar. But agreed, never seen ARR getting worked up the slightest bit even after taunts by people like Ismail Darbar (jeez what a clown)...[/quote'] true.. the pressure and constant media attention on Tendulkar is immense and cannot be compared to any other person in India.
Sachin changed over the years. He started off as the most humble, sweet kid you'll ever find. By the mid to late 90s, all the adulation started to get to his head. By the time he finished his career, he across as nothing but selfish, self centered and narcissistic. I agree that Dravid, Sehwag, VVS were all more humble. Even The Prince of Calcutta, although arrogant as hell (due to his privileged upbringing) really seemed team oriented.
He is a human being too, not a saint. IMO, Sachin was not as hot headed as you would expect a person of his stature to be.