Janata Parivar II

Texan

Yeah....does look like it. Good for the BJP - there will be more conflicts in coming days. Also' date=' now Manjhi is going go play spoilsport for Janata Parivar.[/quote'] i think Manjhi is over rated. His party at max will get 5-6% of the vote. AKA another Paswan. The real potential plus point for the BJP will be big members of the RJD and Jd(u) being denied tickets and contesting as independents. If the seat sharing between the Jd(u) and RJD does not work out smoothly then IMO independents could poll 10-15% of the vote.

i think Manjhi is over rated. His party at max will get 5-6% of the vote. AKA another Paswan. The real potential plus point for the BJP will be big members of the RJD and Jd(u) being denied tickets and contesting as independents. If the seat sharing between the Jd(u) and RJD does not work out smoothly then IMO independents could poll 10-15% of the vote.
That may be so but whatever votes he does get will be from RJD-JDU only. Yes....there will surely be some disgruntled members who can do substantial damage. Some of them have already gone with Manjhi....while others like Pappu Yadav will also cause trouble.

That may be so but whatever votes he does get will be from RJD-JDU only. Yes....there will surely be some disgruntled members who can do substantial damage. Some of them have already gone with Manjhi....while others like Pappu Yadav will also cause trouble.
not 100% sure its just from the Jd(u) or RJD. In the recently concluded elections for lok sabha the BJP did do well in that segment. Sure he bleeds the Jd(u) combine more but BJP too will lose votes. Pappu yadav from what i am reading now wants to challenge Lalu as the prominent Yadav leader in the state. Lofty ambitions, but i am guessing he is thinking now or never.

Misa Bharti was invited as part of the audience at Harvard University But once conference ended, she allegedly went on stage, took photos. Harvard univesity has told @ibnlive that has found the photos of @MisaBharti to be a gross misrepresentation & is looking into the matter. :facepalm:

^ I followed her on twitter. within 2 days i unfollowed. Seriously once Lalu passes away all three of his kids are going to destroy the party. Even Lalu prasad must realise this. Atleast Mulayam has a worthy heir in Akhilesh. For the record i follow all politicians from all parties on twitter. Misa Bharati was byfar the dumbest.

JD-U factions support Jitan Ram Manjhi during stir

As Jitan Ram Manjhi sat on a day-long hungerstrike Monday morning, several factions of the JD(U) came out and blocked roads throughout Bihar to express their solidarity with the ousted dalit leader. Mr Manjhi, along with leaders of the new political front Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM), was protesting the invalidation of his 34 Cabinet decisions that were taken in the interest of the people during his chief ministership. The leaders who joined the hungerstrike declared that the protest was aimed at exposing the real “anti-people” face of Mr Nitish Kumar. This, they indicated, would be the main issue during the upcoming Assembly polls. They said the people must know that the present chief minister cancelled those decisions which could have helped the poor and backwards of the state. “Nitish Kumar’s real face has been exposed as the people of the state feel they have been cheated through the promise of good governance as a political idiom. This has turned out be a farce. The people will give Nitish Kumar a befitting reply. He has always spent the state’s money on pomp and show, there is no shortage of funds in the state,” former CM Manjhi said. Extending support to the Manjhi campaign included a large group of Grade lV employees belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and Extremely Backward Classes who demanded a reversal of the Nitish government’s decision to withdraw the Manjhi Cabinet’s decisions. They threatened the state government that they would intensify the agitation if their demands were not fulfilled. “We are the sufferers. Nitish Kumar wiped out all our hopes in one stroke. We will intensify our protest if Nitish Kumar fails to reverse the decisions of annulment at the earliest and gives us what Mr Manjhi had decided as CM,” one of the protesters said in Patna while blocking roads. The sudden overflow of anger came as a shock to the JD(U). Sources in Mr Manjhi’s political front later said the rebel MLAs of the JD(U) who later supported the Hindustani Awam Morcha have been working at the district and block levels to create an anti-government atmosphere. Ex-MP Shivanand Tiwary, a one-time confidant and political adviser to Mr Nitish Kumar, joined the protest and sat on hungerstrike along with Mr Manjhi. He said he joined Mr Manjhi as he too felt his earlier Cabinet decisions were pro-poor and that Mr Nitish Kumar, to satisfy his lust for power, removed him and then later insulted the backwards and dalits. “I support Mr Manjhi and his movement because I feel his decisions were pro-poor and just to satisfy his ego Nitish Kumar cancelled all those 34 decisions. Mr Manjhi is morally and politically correct,” Mr Tiwary said while participating in the hungerstrike. He advised JD(U) alliance partner RJD and its president, Mr Lalu Prasad Yadav, to extend support to Mr Manjhi instead of supporting Mr Kumar. Meanwhile the JD(U), perturbed over the widespread protests, reacted sharply and said “this is all a game plan of the BJP which wants to create disturbances in the state”. “Chief minister Nitish Kumar is trying to bring the state back on track,” JD(U) Leader Vijay Choudhary said. Mr Kumar, after taking over as CM, had annulled 34 decisions of the Manjhi government, which included increasing funds for legislators from Rs 2 crore to Rs 3 crore annually under the CM’s Development Fund, setting up a committee for the poor among the forward castes, 13 months’ pay for the Bihar police on the lines of the other states, reservations for poor, backwards and women in road construction contracts, and creating 35 per cent more posts for women candidates in the non-gazetted category. “The CM must clarify where he found discrepancies in the Manjhi Cabinet’s decisions. The invalidation of the Manjhi Cabinet’s decisions by the CM shows that his talk of good governance actually meant nothing,” senior BJP leader Nand Kishore Yadav said.
http://www.asianage.com/india/jd-u-factions-support-jitan-ram-manjhi-during-stir-445 25-30 MLAs and MP's its being said. A lot more than the 12 we thought he had. He is gaining traction. Not going to go down without a fight.

^ I followed her on twitter. within 2 days i unfollowed. Seriously once Lalu passes away all three of his kids are going to destroy the party. Even Lalu prasad must realise this. Atleast Mulayam has a worthy heir in Akhilesh. For the record i follow all politicians from all parties on twitter. Misa Bharati was byfar the dumbest.
Yeah....she is really dumb. Tejaswi Yadav is better. In MSY's family Akhilesh might be CM right now but he is definitely not sure as the heir bcoz of the sheer number of family members in politics. Shivpal Yadav is a serious contender bcoz he has been the number 2 in the Govt for many years and has now become very, very important politically and has many supporters within the family. Then there's the younger son of MSY - he isn't in politics but his wife is now getting very active. And then there's the ever unpredictable Azam Khan....not even he knows which family member he will support on any given day.

Yeah....she is really dumb. Tejaswi Yadav is better. In MSY's family Akhilesh might be CM right now but he is definitely not sure as the heir bcoz of the sheer number of family members in politics. Shivpal Yadav is a serious contender bcoz he has been the number 2 in the Govt for many years and has now become very, very important politically and has many supporters within the family. Then there's the younger son of MSY - he isn't in politics but his wife is now getting very active. And then there's the ever unpredictable Azam Khan....not even he knows which family member he will support on any given day.
the point is there is atleast somebody capable to take over, whoever emerges. Lalu has jack all.

Haha....this is great. Nitish created his own downfall in the form of Manjhi.
this guy just wont go away. I am starting to think i underestimated him. He is adding followers. His Party HAM will be a strong contender for sure in the 40 reserved seats. Just like the BSP he seems to have SC and upper caste supporters in the form of MLAs and MPs and is lacking the OBC/EBC segment. This might just be the start of Bihar's own BSP

the point is there is atleast somebody capable to take over, whoever emerges. Lalu has jack all.
Not really. Right now MSY is the Supreme Leader so nobody has the guts or the stature to questions him. Once he is gone there will be intense sibling rivalry to control the party and whoever emerges as the leader will have constant challenges from within the family and will have his authority questioned by senior family members. Its all up to Akhilesh though - if in these last 2 years of being CM he demonstrates good leadership then he will seal his place as the unquestioned leader but if he continues as he has done since 2012 then he will face quite a bit of opposition once MSY is gone.

Not really. Right now MSY is the Supreme Leader so nobody has the guts or the stature to questions him. Once he is gone there will be intense sibling rivalry to control the party and whoever emerges as the leader will have constant challenges from within the family and will have his authority questioned by senior family members. Its all up to Akhilesh though - if in these last 2 years of being CM he demonstrates good leadership then he will seal his place as the unquestioned leader but if he continues as he has done since 2012 then he will face quite a bit of opposition once MSY is gone.
fair enough i defer to you in matters of UP politics.... Just how badly will a civil war hit the samajwadi?

this guy just wont go away. I am starting to think i underestimated him. He is adding followers. His Party HAM will be a strong contender for sure in the 40 reserved seats. Just like the BSP he seems to have SC and upper caste supporters in the form of MLAs and MPs and is lacking the OBC/EBC segment. This might just be the start of Bihar's own BSP
Its all because of the way he was treated. This was a totally avoidable disaster for JDU - all they had to do was to treat him with respect and give him Deputy CM or Speaker's post and he would have resigned quietly. They tried to strongarm and publically insult him so he got p!ssed and will damage them now. And they still haven't learned - IMO even now the situation isn't beyond redemption. If they talk to him and give some seats to his supporters he will come back within the fold but Nitish's political acumen seems to be totally gone now - he's been making mistake after mistake and isn't willing to learn from them.

Why did you thought like that? this is the way you build followers/party base...playing Victim card is the rule no 1 in politics.

Why did you thought like that? this is the way you build followers/party base...playing Victim card is the rule no 1 in politics.
doesnt work for everybody. you have to admit, its not just about playing the victim. He has made decisions to grow his base. That takes some political acumen. Making so many decisions when it government that his successor would have been forced to reverse them and now protesting in public. @SG yup fully agree. If the BJP alliance wins Nitish has only himself to blame.

doesnt work for everybody. you have to admit, its not just about playing the victim. He has made decisions to grow his base. That takes some political acumen. Making so many decisions when it government that his successor would have been forced to reverse them and now protesting in public. @SG yup fully agree. If the BJP alliance wins Nitish has only himself to blame.
It works majority of the time. he was promoted by Nitish solely to develop/retainMaha dalit vote base.So Manjhi used it to advantage.

The Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) coalition government on Wednesday won the confidence motion with a comfortable majority of 140 votes. It appears that the MLAs who supported former Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi too voted in favour of Mr. Kumar, to escape anti-defection law as party had issued whip to party MLAs. However, Mr. Manjhi was not present in the House.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/bihar-assembly-budget-session-opening-day/article6981482.ece

Lalu praises Manjhi
But an RJD insider said: "Manjhi has a good sway among Dalit voters. Why can't we go with him and the Congress instead of going with the JDU?" He also said: "The Nitish government cannot survive a day without our support... our support should not be taken for granted."
Such possibility cannot be ruled out. RJD certainly is having second thoughts about JDU.