How many of you think Karthik needs to be replaced by Sehwag ?

Ram

How many of you think Karthik needs to be replaced by Sehwag ?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest dada_rocks

It's not past records it;s the record when he was dropped that s very much present. Guy gets bored playing trundler of domestic cricket.. He is worth his weight in gold as far as test batting is concerned

Guest dada_rocks
i think....shewag is the only one who can play akhtar better....karthik is not still good....doesnt matter how shewagh is performing in ranji league...he is still good player for test cricket...
:two_thumbs_up:

KKD still has 4 innings to fight it out.. Jaffer has a good pull shot...which he can use in australia....his technique is decent enough..and he scores at fare bit of SR.. KKD is also a good striker of the ball...he can switch gear at will... though i have no problems with KKD and jaffer...to adjust sehwag we can drop Ganguly and pick Pathan..as an all rounder...:D i am satisfied with the batsmen we have in playig XI so far... we will see after Bangluru Test....kaun kitne paani me hai..

Guest dada_rocks
Sehwag sher da puttar hai..ghaas ( grass) nahi khayega.. he is a player of big platform..and he wiill show his form and fitness at the bigger level.... give him two test innings in Banglore or calcutta...and see..what he does to paki bowlers.. we must have a look at him in test...preferably calcutta...
Chalo we agrre on some thing:two_thumbs_up:
If one cant score runs in ODIs where the pitch and rules are all in favor of batsman then how can you expect the very same batsman to score runs in test cricket. If past record is all that counts then lets bring back Gavaskar as opener.
I dont quite agree here. Sehwag, quite inexplicably, has always been sh.yte in ODIs even in his heady performance days in 2004-2005. So ODI performance should not be used as a yardstick to measure his test performance. Maybe Dungsucker used the same logic as well before dropping him for tests in England. Even then dropping him for England series can be justified as the ball moves a lot there and someone like Karthik would have been a better bet. But on home tracks - he da man! Plus his history of smacking Pak bowlers like Aktor and Sami all over would have completely demoralised the bowlers even before a single ball was bowled. Simple question: Who do you think Aktor and Malcolm Sami would prefer to bowl to - Karthik or Sehwag?

Simple answer: Sehwag. Simple field setting: Set a third man, deep point or backward point, cover on the boundary and everyone else from 1st. slip to point and bowl short, on and outside off stump. Sure, he may get a couple over for 6 but getting a Test opener before he's reached 15 or 20 is good.

The poll question should be changed to; "How many of you think Indlolia's top scorer this season needs to be replaced by a balding lard ass who couldn't score in a wh0rehouse, let alone on a cricket field ?"
Lol Preds, that was hilarious. While getting bald is not related to cricket, it certainly is affecting Sehwag, he's getting balder in his mind. He has to settle mentally. He has to undergo what Pathan went through... what do you say?
Lol Preds' date=' that was hilarious. While getting bald is not related to cricket, it certainly is affecting Sehwag, he's getting balder in his mind. He has to settle mentally. He has to undergo what Pathan went through... what do you say?[/quote'] Yep, he should play for Delhi. I'd expect him to score sh it loads of runs like Ganguly and more recently, Dravid did when they were dropped. Scoring runs in Indian FC cricket against all those 120 kmph trundlers is p iss easy, or at least it should be for someone of Sehwag's class. A few games with some big hundreds, and he will be back in no time. I still think he will be picked in the Test squad for the Australian series. They will go for him based on his past record and because Karthik hasn't hit the hundreds to cement his place in the XI yet. Totally unfair, but that is the way Indian cricket works.
i think....shewag is the only one who can play akhtar better....karthik is not still good....doesnt matter how shewagh is performing in ranji league...he is still good player for test cricket...
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Right, doesnt matter how shewagh is performing in ranji league He cannot hit poor bowlers in INDIAN pitches. But he will smack Lee, Stuart Clark and Mitchell Johnson in Brisbane :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: