Has Raina done

kabira

Among Yuvi and Raina...it will be difficult choice... Raina has as many strokes as any other batsman...he is a superb fielder..probably better than Yuvi ... i have high hopes from Raina..and Chawla... these two will make the Future Jodi of Ganguly and Kumble... Raina, Tiwary, and Rohit sharma....and Badrinath in Tests...we have out future middle order in place..

Not nearly enough ... good form for 5 or 6 months shouldnt guarantee you a spot in the national side. Look at Hussey and Jaques they needed to be in the form of their life for nearly a decade each before they even got a look in. Now they are bringing that form over to international level. Badrinath has been churning out runs for years so he would be a good option, but not Raina and not Rohit Sharma just yet. We bring them in now and we'll regret it. This is one of the problems about Indian cricket ... we get very excited about a youngster who has a few good months ... and we throw them into the national team and because they havent earnt their stripes ... they take the spot for granted and become inconsistent. Someone like Badrinath who has had to work like a dog in domestic cricket for years would be a better choice.

Not nearly enough ... good form for 5 or 6 months shouldnt guarantee you a spot in the national side. Look at Hussey and Jaques they needed to be in the form of their life for nearly a decade each before they even got a look in. Now they are bringing that form over to international level. Badrinath has been churning out runs for years so he would be a good option, but not Raina and not Rohit Sharma just yet. We bring them in now and we'll regret it. This is one of the problems about Indian cricket ... we get very excited about a youngster who has a few good months ... and we throw them into the national team and because they havent earnt their stripes ... they take the spot for granted and become inconsistent. Someone like Badrinath who has had to work like a dog in domestic cricket for years would be a better choice.
fully agree there mate ... we are too enamored with the Tendu model ... of course folks like Tendu comes once every 50 yrs so we should focus instead on battle hardened guys who have earned their call up on the dint of hard work and consistency year in year out

I think Yuvi will be the only reserve middle order batsman while we'll have a reseve opener. I can't see Raina or for that matter anyone who is not an opener getting a chance! I really really hope that Sehwag hits a few big knocks before the test team for Australia is chosen. He just has one more match to do so as he wasted the match vs Mumbai by scoring poorly!