Is this the win we were looking for ?

jf1gp_1

Was it an exciting game ? sure it was but did we see good cricket yes and no but that doesnt matter. Yes a couple of big players were missing from WI line up but matters is we came from behind, were not always in control while bowling but we were never out of the game and just when it mattered hammered in to take advantage. This win could do to Indian team what 2nd ODI win during WI series did to WI, where yuvraj got bowled and we lost by 1 run. I cant wait for the next game if its a good win to make it 3-0 then i would feel we are on road to recovery.

Re: Is this the win we were looking for ?

I cant wait for the next game if its a good win to make it 3-0 then i would feel we are on road to recovery.
Surely, beating WI on a turner is not exactly recovery, is it? But I guess this is as far as it goes, being the last two series before the WC. Anything salvaged here is a confidence-booster I suppose.

Re: Is this the win we were looking for ? going by Dravid's comment, KKD seems certain to go to WI..and even be in the starting XI.

Dravid, too, said he saw no reason why India can't play both in the same team. "I think it is great, he sees this as a great opportunity. Dhoni is doing well behind the stumps, Karthik is fielding brilliantly and I don't see why we can't play two keepers."

Re: Is this the win we were looking for ?

Yes a couple of big players were missing from WI line up but matters is we came from behind, were not always in control while bowling but we were never out of the game and just when it mattered hammered in to take advantage.
Right on the money there mate. Its not very often that an Indian team performs like the way it did today. Is this the win we were looking for? I am not very optimistic. For one the big guns - SRT, Dravid, Ganguly did not do much and for all practical reasons they have not showed us anything that shall make me feel optimistic about SRT scoring free centuries or Ganguly smashing bowlers everywhere. At best I expect a solid 70-80 from them and I fear that may not be enough. More so when Sehwag's bat seems to be as barren as a woman aged 105 years. It is nice to see players like Powar and Karthick seize whatever chance that comes their way. Isnt it strange that today people have somehow forgotten about Kaif and Pathan, two important players in LOI format for India. The reason being players who have been selected in their place have raised their hand and stood for the job. xxxx

Re: Is this the win we were looking for ? As much as defeat is a habit, winning too is a habit. If you win consistently you tend to forget how to lose and usually go on to win few close games. I see no problem with last night's win. Any win is a good win. :wtg: