Pathan recalled... Kumbles and Yuvi in...

gator

Re: Pathan recalled... Kumbles and Yuvi in... I don't know why they are bothering with Uthappa. Sure, he has had a great season but there are so many technical shortcomings in his game that i just can't see him being successful at international level. He will probably score on these dead pitches tho', plonk the front foot forward and hit through the line - earning a call up for the WC. I hope the selectors know what they are doing.

Re: Pathan recalled... Kumbles and Yuvi in...

Why should Ganguly be rested? He has hardly played one full series so far. It should be Rahul Dravid that should be rested.
That's because they want to try gambhir and uthappa as openers.
I don't see the point. Ganguly has only opened twice so far. He has failed once and done good once. Shouldn't he be given couple more digs to ensure he is good enough to bat at the top?

some body deleted my avatar' date=' its pretty immature that someone does that. I really dont care ill say what i want to say.[/quote'] I don't know where you get such wierd ideas from. I can see your avatar right under your name.

Why should Ganguly be rested? He has hardly played one full series so far. It should be Rahul Dravid that should be rested.
That's because they want to try gambhir and uthappa as openers.
I don't see the point. Ganguly has only opened twice so far. He has failed once and done good once. Shouldn't he be given couple more digs to ensure he is good enough to bat at the top?
Point is Ganguly has pretty much sealed his spot with the 90+ in the first match. Gambhir also has, I believe. But they can't leave uthappa hanging without any match. So, they will take him now and dump mercilessly like they did with him earlier. BTW, Predator, Gambhir has many flaws as well. Vaas ate him with slight in-swing and he easily gets beaten outside the off with the delivery moving away. IMO we would do better to give Uthappa more chances and take him in the 15. I expect one of Gambhir or Ganguly to fail miserably in the WC early on and might want another option.

Re: Pathan recalled... Kumbles and Yuvi in... WI team seems to be lacking motivation add to that absence of couple of key players. One look at most of its player and one gets an impression they just want to return home and prepare for WC. SL will provide a stronger challenge and would be interesting to see how ganguly/gambhir play against Vaas n malinga and even murli if they survive first 10 over.

Re: Pathan recalled... Kumbles and Yuvi in... Final 15 for WC is getting clear now. One who is going to miss this year's WC is Kaif. He has got no games to show the selectors. I believe Schewag will still come back to the side when we play against SL but Chappel in his interview hinted at the remote possibility of Schewag returning. It would depend on how India plays remaining games with the current squad. Uthappa gets an opportunty to show his merits. Raina is also getting an opportunity to perform in this game either by bat or ball. Hey may be asked to bowl according to Chappell. Yesterdays cricinfo's final 15 for WC was noteworthy. Likely World Cup 15: Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Rahul Dravid, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Anil Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Harbhajan Singh, Robin Uthappa, Suresh Raina, Dinesh Karthik.

yes its almost clear kaif will miss the boat but i would have still prefered kaif or even mongia over raina. Infact powar is better option than raina.
Yes Raina is lttle above Powar with his batting but with Kumble back chances for Powar is slim. It'll be interesting to see among Uthappa and Gambir who goes to WC. Also whether Munaf or Sreesanth will be selected. I would prefer Sreesanth for his attitude. But he is costly in ODIs and if Munaf gets healthier and produces fine spell later in SL series he has a chance...

Final 15 for WC is getting clear now. Yesterdays cricinfo's final 15 for WC was noteworthy. Likely World Cup 15: Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Rahul Dravid, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Anil Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Harbhajan Singh, Robin Uthappa, Suresh Raina, Dinesh Karthik.
No Uthappa AND Raina for me. I'll prefer Gambhir instead of Uthappa and anyone instead of Raina. I'll also like Munaf in my team. Can we have a team of 15 players this time? Last time only 14 were allowed.

Crapthan getting a recall is a joke :mad:
In the last 10 matches we won with pathan: filtered 10 150 46 25.00 0 0 23 4/51 15.39 0 4 0 In the last 10 matches we lost with pathan: filtered 10 178 64 19.77 0 1 8 3/45 50.87 0 1 0 Shows his impact. We win when he plays well. Rather he has contributed handily in our wins. Yes, he has been rather poor (like many others on the team) during our recent choke sequence.

WI team seems to be lacking motivation add to that absence of couple of key players. One look at most of its player and one gets an impression they just want to return home and prepare for WC. SL will provide a stronger challenge and would be interesting to see how ganguly/gambhir play against Vaas n malinga and even murli if they survive first 10 over.
Vaas and Murali aren't visiting India for the upcoming ODIs. It will more or less be Jayasuriya vs Indian bowlers. That'll show how good our bowlers are on unresponsive pitches.
Guest dada_rocks

in place of Raina.
HE will be along with Raina out of pworld cup squad so there u have it in fact u can have laxman in place of any of the thousands of players other than fifteen selected for world cup :wtg:

Re: Pathan recalled... Kumbles and Yuvi in... yea man. it is unfortunate he cant play a world cup yet again. but there is still hope all India needs is a major collapse to bring him back in, but if sehwag kaif get recalled why not Laxman what has guys like Kaif and Raina done lately? do you guys understand that they have been non perfomers and do you realize that Laxman is a better batsmen than Raina and Kaif combined you guys seem to forget Laxmans performances neither of these two will ever score innings like Laxman has had. Lets admit the fact that laxman deserves atleast one world cup appearance.