Salil at His Best

Dhondy

Re: Salil at His Best

If u argue that umpiring errors need to be reversed' date=' I'd argue that the bad light be reversed. [/quote'] hain ? Are you saying the Indians did woodo and suddenly Varundev came to their rescue ? If you dont understand the difference between an act of God and an Act of Umpire there is very that I can say ... :lol:
Are u saying Saffies did woodo and suddenly had the umpires come to their rescue ? Do Saffies have control over the weather ? NO Do Indians have control over the umpiring ? NO So its a case of two factors acting respectively against either teams. If one is reversed (because its considered unfair to one team), its fair that the other is reversed too. How does it matter whether something unfair happened due to God or umpires ? The only thing you want is a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, no ? :hic: PS: And i have seen u argue that we would have won the Chennai test vs the Aussies (BG trophy' 05), if not for the weather. :hic: -- Heehee, am stepping into dangerous territories here.

Re: Salil at His Best :lmao: :lmao: this guy is worst than Anu_d.. atlest she has solutions to problems.. and doesnt run away.. traitors to the core I tell you.. or may be there is a hidden agenda behind saying all this.. everyone knows doc is top notch writer and superb at putting thoughts down.. then why would he say things like this from someone else's pov..

Re: Salil at His Best The keyboard at work is sh*t and i just don't have the time to type the lengthy reply which i am capable of doing, but i will make this point - i absolutely hate the way the Indian cricketers, and to a greater extent the media and the public simply shrug off big defeats. Sometimes i just cannot understand how they, ie; the players - can live with themselves; how they can wake up every morning and still manage to remain so comfortable and satisfied with their efforts. After frittering away the golden opportunity of conquering SA on their own home patch; quite literally giving the two games away through reckless and complacent play, i just cannot help but ask this question for the umpteenth time. A successful athlete is nothing without drive and committment to the cause; and once they lose that they are done for. Indian cricketers have a hard slog to the top, so once they eventually attain their goal of playing for the country they treat it as some kind of reward for their years of effort, thereby failing to do justice to their priviledged positions by resting on their laurels. That is what i hate. Our cricketers always have to take everything for granted; whether it be their places in the side, the opposition. You just don't see this in other cricket playing nations (apart from maybe the Winidies a few years ago). Look at the pa kis. Everytime their team puts up a spineless performance; the general puts all his calls on hold and immediately calls for an inquiry into their performance. He lays down the law; conveys the standard which the players must adhere to in order to represent their country. They don't tolerate failure and never allow it to continue. In Indian cricket, each failure is brushed off the shoulder once the sleet of criticism subsides. The ads start running again, the takes filmed and all is forgotten. No wonder this team continues to make the same mistakes time and time again. This is why i find myself gravitating towards the controverisal, pay as you play rule. It's a shameful indictment of the country that it's finest players just can't motivate themselves at international level. At least when their very livelihoods and sources of income are put at stake - they will be able hold themselves accountable and play with the kind of spirit Indian fans want to them to.

Re: Salil at His Best Salil's one of my better mates but I disagree with him completely. If you go by his logic then there should only be fans of Aussies cricket through out the world. What of Barmy Army? What of the fanatic Indian supporters? Myself being a fan of Indian cricket and NZ cricket shouldn't I have been transformed a long time ago? Both India and NZ have had their share of struggle overseas but to shun them stating they lack attitude is a scam. Although there are enough valid points in Dhondy and Salil's rant, it is sacrilege to start supporting the most winning team just because they win more and shun your team. I suppose in that case all the Aussie supporters should have been Pommie supporters in the 80s and early 90s??? Even a thought for an Aussie to side with Poms just because they were winning then sounds terrible. Nope even when the Aussies were losing left, right and center they were supported as well as they are now. I'm not sure about the bar brawl though. Believe me there have been many bar brawls involving NZ cricketers and in the end they were sorry about the incident. If you are a professional sportsman and are involved with bar brawls then there is surely something wrong with your mindset. Brawls are for over drinking teenagers not for professional sportsmen. I think the quote is taken out of context there. Sorry but that is one of the worst examples to display your grit. It is one thing to get disappointed but it's just not the order of the day to shun the team you have supported for ever and take up supporting a team that you haven't warmed up to usually. I would like to ask this question why only players get the blame. Why don't you fellas nit pick the unprofessional way cricket was run in India in the 80s and in 90s. The domestic cricketers weren't paid enough but they still played cricket through out their lives just because they loved this game. Would you guys do that by any chance if you were paid peanuts and were asked to toil hard day in day out? Since mid 90s Indian cricket is being run more professionally and the results have been lot better since. Even the Aussies to get to the stage they are in right now had to put together a good infrastructure and training methods. India is getting there but it will take time. If it was this easy to produce overnight results then even Zimbabwe would have been as good as the Aussies. In fact Border had enough of his players and he was speculating quitting cricket in the 80s. Surely this is not the sign of guts and toughness right. Kim Hughes the Aussie cricketer cried in front of full public when he quit as captain mid way through a series and surely this wouldn't happen in India would it? Was that sign of toughness? Ian Botham couldn't take the burden of captaincy and quit in between ashes series. Was that the sign of toughness? Damien Martyn recently quit mid way through the Ashes series quoting he was afraid of failure and was letting down his team mates. Surely the Aussie trait can?t produce players like Martyn right? Once people used to ask why India doesn't produce enough fast bowlers. Now with the infrastructure and more professionalism around there are handy fast bowlers. Compare this with Pakistan, their infrastructure sucks and quite naturally they are still to rely on the likes of Sami, Shabbir et al. Everything will fall in place once the infrastructure is in place. I quite like the way infrastructure is being slowly streamlined and am sure in the coming years Indian cricket team will be the one admired the world over. I still think the cricket board officials and the selectors should get bit more professional. Good luck to you both if you are going to support the best teams just because they win always. I?m sure you guys are going to miss out on the true value of wins :hic: I'm sure your life will get a bit boring on the cricket front :lol: I'm a bit disappointed to see the two of my most respected mates online are going this way :eew:

Do Saffies have control over the weather ? NO Do Indians have control over the umpiring ? NO
That should read as : Do Saffies have control over the weather ? NO But did the umpires help them get away with it : Yes Do Indians have control over the umpiring ? NO Isnt umpiring supposed to be Neutral and unbiased and just and all the hunky dory adjectives that you can think of ... be it India/Pak or Timbuktu ? What happened to that little "Guarantee" from ICC ?
So its a case of two factors acting respectively against either teams
Again I ask you ... what exactly is common between Weather and Umpiring ... ? We have seen that the weather acted consistently and didnt care whether India or SAF were batting ... (doh) whereas the umpires did the opposite ... So why exactly do you find the need to bring them up in the topic of "injustice" ?
PS: And i have seen u argue that we would have won the Chennai test vs the Aussies (BG trophy' 05), if not for the weather. -- Heehee, am stepping into dangerous territories here.
Yes and unlike some others I dont shy around looking for excuses... feel free to open another thread on Chennai 2004 and my opinion will still be as it was in 2004 or 2005 or 2007 .. and will remain so. I never equated Weather with umpiring like you are trying to do here.
Bheem, forget all the rhetoric, is a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD acceptable or not ? As long as it is guranateed (why do u care how it is guranteed) ?

Re: Salil at His Best Sterotyping a nation/race is racism when done by others or when done by themselves its self loathing... Either way the OP is not worth debating especially coming from glory hunters supporting Australia, NSW and Mumbai :hic: The system has flaws, the players have and team collectively failed to win....but remember they competed, thats when a true lover of sport enjoys

Bheem, forget all the rhetoric, is a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD acceptable or not ? I told you its not ... and these are the reasons ... 1. SAF were the first to take weather. 2. It affected both teams 3. The umpires stepped in on Day 5 despite bad weather. 4. We lost 2 wkts during that short time when there shouldnt have been any play. Now I would like you to list all the muggings by umpires ... and would like to see you accept that Umpiring does affect the course of a match un-naturally and that we were on the wrong side of it.
I say completely reverse all umpiring blunders & give me a sunny clear weather and a full 5 day test match and its not acceptable to u ? You are pretending to be asleep, i can never wake u up.

Re: Salil at His Best Ravi,there's a difference between admiring, respecting a team and supporting them. Just to give you an example, at this moment of time, I admire the Pakistani team. I have a lot of respect for the way they came back in the 2nd Test. But the day I support them, you guys better run for cover, because it will be raining dinosaurs from the sky.

Re: Salil at His Best Its not a rematch, i say play the same damn game, over 5 full days of sunny weather, reversing the wrong decisions. As i showed u, u will swap at the most 2 or 3 wickets for possibly 100 overs more to bat. The way we batted, am not even sure if we bat a 3rd time in that test, we will be able to save the test. I saw the whole game, am not sure u did. Anyways i have nothing more to add

Ravi,there's a difference between admiring, respecting a team and supporting them. Just to give you an example, at this moment of time, I admire the Pakistani team. I have a lot of respect for the way they came back in the 2nd Test. But the day I support them, you guys better run for cover, because it will be raining dinosaurs from the sky.
That respect may just be one test match away Dhondy. Wait for the series to end :hic:

Ravi,there's a difference between admiring, respecting a team and supporting them. Just to give you an example, at this moment of time, I admire the Pakistani team. I have a lot of respect for the way they came back in the 2nd Test. But the day I support them, you guys better run for cover, because it will be raining dinosaurs from the sky.
It's not like I don't admire the rest. I admire cricketers from the rest of the world including Pakistan too. I sit up all night to watch a test match involving Pakistan too. That said I won't go Salil's way. Salil is clearly suggesting it is better to end up as a supporter of NSW and Australia. Admiring and supporting are two different things in my books :wtg: