Best cricket commentator... after Richie Benaud

SachDan

David Lloyd' date=' he was hilarious during the t20 world cup and Ravi Shastri.[/quote'] David Loyd is good because we are hearing him quite often.You put Bill Lawry in a T20 then you can feel the difference. That famous phrase.. its all happening... is enough to underline Bill's charisma.
For me it has to be Bill Lawry. Crisp voice' date='excitement,analysis all packed in to one.Its so sad that he don't go beyond Channel Nine.[/quote'] Second that opinion. Lawry is not only great to listen to but also knows how much technical he should get so that he doesn't bore the arm chair experts. It's a thin balance between entertaining and informative commentary. Lawry excels in that. I rate Lawry way above Richie. Richie's a bit of a cult figure but I never quite liked his style of commentary. Wasim Akram is a top commentator as for commentating about technical aspects of the game goes but he won't please the non cricket fanatics. Ian Smith and Ravi Shastri are quite good too. David Lloyd is one good entertainer but lacks the kind of cricket details you would expect from a cricketer.