Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

Some immature posters are confusing between getting offended and actually killing people. I am offended more that my cigarette price has been increased from Rs. 9 a stick to Rs. 10 a stick than most things in life ( including some low life calling some superior nation people as small hearted for consumption of his uneducated domestic audience ). And there are millions like me in India. However, I don't see one Indian planning murder attempt on ITC chairman.

And a lot of people also pretend that they wouldn't be offended but they are. I mean...how many Indians were offended by the small heart comment by Afridi? Most were. And the small heart comment is nowhere near the level of these racist cartoons.
Majority,, I hope laughed and joked about it. Some were hurt and none went on to kill afridi or declare that afridi should die. That's the normal process to deal with stuff you find ridiculous : laugh, talk or ignore Some like my friend thinks that Pakistan is a basket case and he just ignores Pakistan, to him it doesn't exist so he doesn't read anything about him as in the past he thought about it n it made him angry. I guess same can be done about the cartoonists or even me as I openly say that all religions are illogical. So there you go, what shall happen to me now ?

^I'm sorry but a lot less than 25% are involved in these matters. It's not even 1% in my opinion. And I have lived in Pakistan as well as the UK and I haven't met anyone who supports the terrorists' date=' forget 1 in 4.[/quote'] How many people support Kashmir becoming part of Pakistan because it has Muslim majority ? Remember kashmir banega Pakistan? How many people died because Of that ? Heck your country is called "Islamic state" . When terrorists organize events, the government organizes special trains, there was/is good and bad Taliban. Don't get me started, it's all messed up and I don't believe in the theory of 1%. Maybe people actively fighting is less than 1% but people getting offended and people giving donations to fight this dirty war is much higher.

How many people support Kashmir becoming part of Pakistan because it has Muslim majority ? Remember kashmir banega Pakistan? How many people died because Of that ? Heck your country is called "Islamic state" . When terrorists organize events, the government organizes special trains, there was/is good and bad Taliban. Don't get me started, it's all messed up and I don't believe in the theory of 1%. Maybe people actively fighting is less than 1% but people getting offended and people giving donations to fight this dirty war is much higher.
'Ek haath se Tali nahin bajti' India and Pakistan have an equal role in people dying. Can't just blame Pakistan for it. And let's not bring up the argument on who Kashmir belongs to.

Majority,, I hope laughed and joked about it. Some were hurt and none went on to kill afridi or declare that afridi should die. That's the normal process to deal with stuff you find ridiculous : laugh, talk or ignore Some like my friend thinks that Pakistan is a basket case and he just ignores Pakistan, to him it doesn't exist so he doesn't read anything about him as in the past he thought about it n it made him angry. I guess same can be done about the cartoonists or even me as I openly say that all religions are illogical. So there you go, what shall happen to me now ?
We need to stop mixing up the arguments. I'm just debating on people getting offended, not killing.

You are missing the point. What I meant is that it only takes 4 people to ruin the image of a community. As far as I am aware there were 4 terrorists in Paris.
Explain community and what do they believe in? Forget blasphemy or killing of people who draw Mohammad but look for small things like burka, why? I'm not trying to convert you (lol) but saying look for what is logical, whether it's Hinduism or Judaism or anything, if u don't see logic then question it and laugh at it, discuss it, disown it.

It is sad to see conspiracy theories here. I have heard that ISI master minded Peshawar and Wagah killings to get more funds for war on terror from IMF and USA. The report says there was no independent verification that children were actually killed and it zoomed on videos from Pak media and how the blood was actually not blood but red color. There was very convincing evidence ( for the gullible ) on how Pak Army creates terror in its own country for money. However, I don't believe it and no sane person should.

We need to stop mixing up the arguments. I'm just debating on people getting offended' date=' not killing.[/quote'] Of course people will like or dislike things, the sad thing is that majority of a community doesn't like cartoon and is offended and some even go out and kill people but when a woman gets lashes for being raped, no one cares as its witin sharia. At least not the same number of people care. So even taking offense is selective.

I am also very sad that Balochistan does not get much prominence in international media. The people are oppressed by Pak army and they need to be a separate nation. Majority of people want self determination but are being brutally oppressed by Pak for its natural resources. I hear gruesome atrocities by Pak army and the cases of missing people and my heart goes out for them. Such human rights violations. Very sad.

'Ek haath se Tali nahin bajti' India and Pakistan have an equal role in people dying. Can't just blame Pakistan for it. And let's not bring up the argument on who Kashmir belongs to.
Yeh, the reason for riots and partition is 2 religions. When did I say only Muslims kill? For kashmir, I don't see the same tears for people dying in Mumbai attacks as I see when a Muslim Kashmiri dies. I saw Kashmir banega Pakistan because it's Muslim majority. Kashmir is beyond this thread but the larger point is that a lot of things of Pakistan are based on being Muslim majority. Religion has a lot more influence than you see.

I am also very sad that Balochistan does not get much prominence in international media. The people are oppressed by Pak army and they need to be a separate nation. Majority of people want self determination but are being brutally oppressed by Pak for its natural resources. I hear gruesome atrocities by Pak army and the cases of missing people and my heart goes out for them. Such human rights violations. Very sad.
Whatever dude...my dad was brought up in Quetta and he was fine living there.

This majority muslims so should be Pakistan argument was killed decades ago when Bangladesh was liberated. It is clear to civilized world that Pakistan wants to keep the (non) issue in limelight ( though they know that they will never ever get Kashmir in their lives nor 10 generations later ) so that they can keep fooling their own people and divert their mind away from their own mis-governance. Whenever the Pak army/Govt is exposed for its own incompetence, they will start LoC violations and try to divert attention of public. Only sad thing is that Pak citizens keep falling for it every time.

Who decides what is good and what isn't? And if religion should be private, then so should the cartoons on religion be private!
good observation i agree the cartoons were an excess they observed crass perverse behavior in an attempt on caricature and missed the reality ended up inciting..all bad but in principle they can not be voided since it is free speech and expression, on the other hand religious symbolization are damaging to the fraternity required in statehood because of them being religious. Nothing divisive should be allowed in a state, diversity is good but if there is publication of any form that is divisive or marginalizing it should be avoided i mean there can be a legislation to ban cartoons depicting prophtet mohd in a certain way as it can make muslims feel marginalized but muslims can not say no matter which country they live in they will live their lives in a specific islamic way that is not allowable in a democracy..they are equal and have the right to assimilate into the society.

Honestly, I don't know the answers to any of these questions. Or maybe I'm just too much of a coward to answer the questions. But why do I always get such a difficult question paper? Can I get an easier question paper? Can I have multiple choice options to choose from. Please. Pretty Please.
I ask this question purely out of curiosity, generally pose it to Muslims who are verbose and who appear likely to state their understanding of their belief. Its not an attempt to put a spot, of-course it can be ignored..

Quote Originally Posted by Vilander View Post Do you think Islam will ever allow or has already allowed its fundamental beliefs be questioned and debated and revised by muslims? Why is it so afraid of apostacy ? Why is Quoran the only message and why cant it be revised and made better? Unless this happens the future is bleak. Questioned and debated and Criticism is one thing, taking the p i s s out of is something else. Muslims are actively encouraged to think about their religion. These cartoons are designed to anger and succeeded.
Actively encouraged to think of it as what, sacrosanct and if caricatured on should be defended with beheadings and executions ? if yes then it is a bit extreme and has be outlawed in many nations and would probably continue to face a lot of 'taking the p i s s out of' probably..