Cricketing brain

novpj

I am a big believer that coaches can put the best plan in place but a lot rides on the players and their ability to adapt. This Pakistani team is a great example of talented players who lack cricketing brains. Here's my take on how the Pakis stack up Definitely clueless: Sami, Akamal, Akhtar, Kaneria, Shoaib Malik, Tanvir Look clueless but may be due to lack of experience: Butt, Hameed Ray of hope for Pakis: Younis, Yousuf, Misbah Compare that to the Indian team Definitely clueless: Munaf, Zaheer Good cricketing brains: SRT, Ganguly, Dravid, Dhoni, Karthick, Bhajji, Kumble Unclear: Jaffer, Laxman No wonder we have a big advantage over them. Gone are the Miandads, Imran and Akram's who could adapt to the situation.

lol.. zaheer is actually not a bad cricketing brain.. he's improved over the years. The zaheer who tried to hit a six, instead of preserving his wicket, when we lost the series to the windies.. and the one in the wc final.. is different from the one now. Yes, he does lose it sometimes, but i wouldnt put him in the same category as munaf. On the other hand, I'm not too convinced about bhajji... also, i see pathan as being a good brain, RP and Sreesanth im not too sure about

u shud see him when hes being belted all over the park... and when his bowling during death....
thats not clueless... thats just an inability toget yorkers in.. he ends upbowling full tosses.. and akhtar might be a doper, chucker, cheater, temperer,team mate beater, coach slapper, lazy,fatass..but he has a good cricketing brain..
Akhtar is pretty smart on the field actually ' date='off it i don't know what happens, but he's a thinking bowler[/quote'] I agree. Akhtar is smart. Any con, who chucks, dope cheats, fakes injury, whoops his team mates, calls himself the next captain and the Imran Khan of the dressing room and yet celebrated as the premier fast bowler of the country, must be pretty darn smart. One thing, he can do though, to get smarter, is to use his balding head to cut down his run up and extend his 3 over spells to 6-7 over spells and also his career. A great talunt, but a totally useless drama queen for a team sport (his latest Kolkatta test appearance while being sick is commendable, but is not the norm. He will revert to his rowdy ways soon)

Akhtar's success which is driven by an illegal action, doping and a physique thats a natural fit for pace bowling and not because he is a good thinker of the game. Ofcourse we can split hairs and say that he might be smart but just doesnt care or whatever but to me his actions on the field indicate that he doesnt bowl, bat or field based on the situation but based on his whims and fancies.

u shud see him when hes being belted all over the park... and when his bowling during death....
That doesnt mean he doesnt have a good cricketing brain . Its not like he doesnt know where to bowl its just that in ODI cricket even if you are slightly off where you want to pitch it (especially in the death) you can go for runs.