Between Ishant Sharma and VRV - who should play Test-3?

fineleg

A contrast: BTW - I did not see this match live...this was West Indies right? Who is the close in fielder (in the picture), and what exactly happened to Kumble during this match? Did he bowl us to victory?
It was the Windies tour. Anil Kumble had been hit on the jaw by a bouncer from Mervyn Dillon and there was a fracture that was caused. Ind had set Windies a target to chase in the 4th innings, Kumble, in an inspired spell, got Lara but the Windies managed to save the test.
Who is quicker of the 2?
I would put Ishant slightly ahead of the two. I dunno why the members are so negative about Ishant Sharma. The lad is just 18, which is VERY early in the development stage of a fast bowler. Come to think of it, when was the last time in any international team that we saw a teenaged fast bowler ? For someone so young, he has shown lot of promise. He is quick enough, and his cocking of wrist is excellent. He is one for the future, IMO
Guest HariSampath

Between VRV and Ishant, nothing much to choose , I just don't like Ishant's face, so I guess I would tolerate VRV marginally more. and.....I never thought I will say this...mebbe Agarkar is a better bowler in tests....:embaressed_smile::banghead:

Agarkar is everybody's favorite bogey man, but the truth of the matter is , he is still quite a decent bowler. I think the team acknowledges it and that is why keep going back to him. And I still cant forget the fiery spell he bowled in one of the one-dayers in england ( where Broad and Bopara i think) put on a century partnership to win it for Eng, after they were 100 odd for seven. Agarkar bowled brilliantly that day and took 4 wickets. Like him or hate, you just cant deny that he is quite good. And not to mention he was the STANDOUT bowler in the 99 tour to Aus. He took 12 wickets in 2 tests and made Mark and Steve Waugh literally his bunnies, repeatedly trapping them LBW.

Guest HariSampath

There is a fast bowler called Amarnath in Chennai...just watch out for him, next season or so. Bowls fast, looks like a fast bowler and takes wkts quickly. Has just played a couple of Ranji games now

I would put Ishant slightly ahead of the two. I dunno why the members are so negative about Ishant Sharma. The lad is just 18, which is VERY early in the development stage of a fast bowler. Come to think of it, when was the last time in any international team that we saw a teenaged fast bowler ? For someone so young, he has shown lot of promise. He is quick enough, and his cocking of wrist is excellent. He is one for the future, IMO
IKP. 19, Aus.
It was the Windies tour. Anil Kumble had been hit on the jaw by a bouncer from Mervyn Dillon and there was a fracture that was caused. Ind had set Windies a target to chase in the 4th innings, Kumble, in an inspired spell, got Lara but the Windies managed to save the test.
Thanks for that summary.
There is a fast bowler called Amarnath in Chennai...just watch out for him' date=' next season or so. Bowls fast, looks like a fast bowler and takes wkts quickly. Has just played a couple of Ranji games now[/quote'] Interesting news, Hari.... Are you talking about Palani Amarnath.... This is his current record.... First-class 5 8 699 386 10 5/74 6/99 38.60 3.31 69.9 0 1 0 I found he was already 25yrs old.... any reason why it took him so late to make his rnaji debut, especially if he was a fast bowler.....Since u r a chennaiite, another question for u..... wat has gone wrong with Yo Mahesh.... He was clocking 90mph when he was a teenager playing U19 Wc and now he seems paceless and rhythmless..... the MRF pace foundation is in the same town.... is it the attitude or he needs guidance?