Indus Army at the 3rd India-Pakistan test match - VIDEO ADDED

Indus_Army

Hi All, Firstly: Rajeev, thanks a lot for putting the video snippet up. :hatsoff: That's us and we are mighty pleased to see that there were cameras on us for that long, though we noticed ourselves on the big screen about half a dozen times. @Predator: Yup, that was me alright. Is it possible to get a video clip of that please? It's been an unbelievable two days of fun at the KSCA! Mind-blowing atmosphere and excellent batting display from the three lefties! The vibes during lunch on day#1 wasn't great...especially with the bowlers/fielders getting warmed up right after the players left the field for lunch. The comeback was awesome. Yuvi was magical and Dada...phew...this guy's a legend! The stand "C" is square of the wicket and not next to the pavilion, as we were informed. We did get our songs and chants going. There were a bunch of Pakistani fans, not far away from us in the same stand. They came in for some special treatment via our songs - none of them abusive or such; just good humoured stuff. As for the name, the river Indus has it's birth place in our country and it flows onto Pakistan. I think we have every right to use that name. Besides, a bunch of guys in our group had been on a Himalayan biking expedition recently and felt strongly about the name. Coming to the second part of the name, are you trying to say Barmy / Bharat / boony...Army is the original? Well, I (along with a few of the Indus Army blokes) was a follower of the Bangalore-based Metal outfit Millenium and the followers/fans were collectively called Metal Army. This was back in the early 90s. Army is not an uncommon terminology to be used by sports / music fans. Phew...so much for the justifications. I'll leave you with a song, that we sung yesterday to our Pakistani friends: "Pakistan Bridge" Pakistan is going down. Going down, going down. It's so much fun to push them down, push them down, push them down. As we party on, they seem to frown seem to frown, seem to frown. ________ Back to the KSCA tomorrow. Hope our boys bowl well. Particularly Ishant, since he had a rough session. We tried our best to back the kid up with our chants & drum beats (hope you heard that in the last session - that was us). I'm sure he'll return in a better frame of mind tomorrow. I'll get the ICF written onto a cardboard tomorrow and see how it goes. I hear that the tri-coloured Indus Army banner was shown on TV. GO Team India!! Indus Army

Buddy Can you put up a banner saying " Thanx Indiancricketfans.com' , would really appreciate it
Alright Rajeev...will do. Just hope the cameras pick it up. Actually, we did put up a few quality banners, that haven't been shown. Here are a couple: Chak De India Chuck mat, Shoaib! Indus Army No generals No Uniforms Just one billion warriors The second one's with a hidden message:wink_smile: Time to get ready and march onto the stadium. Hope we make inroads into the Pakistani batting today. Bring it on! Indus Army
Alright Rajeev...will do. Just hope the cameras pick it up. Actually, we did put up a few quality banners, that haven't been shown. Here are a couple: Chak De India Chuck mat, Shoaib! Indus Army No generals No Uniforms Just one billion warriors The second one's with a hidden message:wink_smile: Time to get ready and march onto the stadium. Hope we make inroads into the Pakistani batting today. Bring it on! Indus Army
..I thought thats Brilliant, but I guess they are not that bold

Hi All, A fun-filled and action-packed five days, that has left us dying for more! The army thoroughly enjoyed itself. @Vroom: Your message was conveyed to the actor himself. A banner was put up - "SHOAIB, Kuch lete kyun nahin", with www.indiancricketfans.com at the bottom of the banner. I was in a ground level stand during one of the days and displayed the banner to the big man, as he trudged into field at square leg. He stared at it for quite sometime and didn't quite react, as opposed to his crowd-pleasing antics all through that evening. Who knows...he might have just logged onto ICF to check what it's all about. The web link of ICF was added onto a few of our other banners. Day#5 turned out to be much more fun than anticipated. A new member from Chennai (on a 3-day sick leave :wink_smile: ) joined us. His drumming kept the Army and the stand in good spirits. Jumbo's wickets in the final session had us on our feet for most of the time and was a befitting end to a superb game of Cricket. It was great to see Team India end in a dominant position. I hope it helps to keep the momentum going against the Aussies. Misbah proved to be India's nemesis yet again. He maintained the trust of Chacha Cricket, who kept repeating " My misbah is playing...I will not worry" all through day#3, when Pakistan seemed hard pressed to save the game. A rather dull innings by his standards, but a fighting one to save the game for his country. Credit to him. Overall, a debut that went according to plan for the Indus Army. We will keep a close eye on the upcoming series' (Ind-SA/SL etc) and plan our presence. Rajeev/All: If you have the recording of the entire test match or can provide pointers to places offering it, that would be greatly appreciated. As for the banners, bulk of it were the ideas of a member who couldn't skip work deadlines to watch the game even for a day. I'll leave you with a classic. Kumble - 578 wickets. They say he can't spin. Imagine if he did. Take care all!

Hi All, A fun-filled and action-packed five days, that has left us dying for more! The army thoroughly enjoyed itself. @Vroom: Your message was conveyed to the actor himself. A banner was put up - "SHOAIB, Kuch lete kyun nahin", with www.indiancricketfans.com at the bottom of the banner. I was in a ground level stand during one of the days and displayed the banner to the big man, as he trudged into field at square leg. He stared at it for quite sometime and didn't quite react, as opposed to his crowd-pleasing antics all through that evening. Who knows...he might have just logged onto ICF to check what it's all about. The web link of ICF was added onto a few of our other banners. Day#5 turned out to be much more fun than anticipated. A new member from Chennai (on a 3-day sick leave :wink_smile: ) joined us. His drumming kept the Army and the stand in good spirits. Jumbo's wickets in the final session had us on our feet for most of the time and was a befitting end to a superb game of Cricket. It was great to see Team India end in a dominant position. I hope it helps to keep the momentum going against the Aussies. Misbah proved to be India's nemesis yet again. He maintained the trust of Chacha Cricket, who kept repeating " My misbah is playing...I will not worry" all through day#3, when Pakistan seemed hard pressed to save the game. A rather dull innings by his standards, but a fighting one to save the game for his country. Credit to him. Overall, a debut that went according to plan for the Indus Army. We will keep a close eye on the upcoming series' (Ind-SA/SL etc) and plan our presence. Rajeev/All: If you have the recording of the entire test match or can provide pointers to places offering it, that would be greatly appreciated. As for the banners, bulk of it were the ideas of a member who couldn't skip work deadlines to watch the game even for a day. I'll leave you with a classic. Kumble - 578 wickets. They say he can't spin. Imagine if he did. Take care all!
Brilliant! That post just made my day.