Why don't our domestic stars skip a season and play in South Africa?

Australian local sides are impossible to get into. But surely batsmen like Tiwary, Badrinath, Sharma who are certain to feature in the Test team at some point in their careers will benefit more from taking off from the Indian domestic circuit for a season and play in South Africa. The seasons overlap for the most, so it wont be possible to do both. But what's the point in smashing the same domestic trundlers for one century after another on familiar wickets day in and day out. BCCI should identify these special talents and encourage and facilitate them to skip a season here and go to South Africa. Oh wait, did I just say BCCI and encourage in the same sentence. Mods delete this thread.

BCCI should identify these special talents and encourage and facilitate them to skip a season here and go to South Africa. Oh wait, did I just say BCCI and encourage in the same sentence. Mods delete this thread.
If BCCI can do that, won't they first organise their own domestic structure to something competitive---it is not that tough! They just need to be provided good pitches to play on which has something in it for the bowlers and the standard of umpiring has to improve. We can have out own domestic cricket which is as competitive as county cricket or SA domestic cricket, if not like Australian.
If BCCI can do that, won't they first organise their own domestic structure to something competitive---it is not that tough! They just need to be provided good pitches to play on which has something in it for the bowlers and the standard of umpiring has to improve. We can have out own domestic cricket which is as competitive as county cricket or SA domestic cricket, if not like Australian.
Okay, BCCI is inept but what stops players from doing so on their own. Kambli and Amre spent a season each in South Africa, though with average success. Surely, the BCCI is not going to ban them for life for skipping a domestic season.
Okay' date=' BCCI is inept but what stops players from doing so on their own. Kambli and Amre spent a season each in South Africa, though with average success. Surely, the BCCI is not going to ban them for life for skipping a domestic season.[/quote'] I think they'll hurt their own chances being chosen if a vacancy arrives because when the selectors will look for the stats, their name would not be there. Yes. This is how selection works in India. Just read Rayudu's story which I posted on the Ranji thread.
Kaif? When did he play in the Aussie domestic tournaments?
I think he just visited their academy under NCA scholarship,for one or two weeks.

Let em go to Australia and play grade cricket. A huge number of Poms do it in their offseason... and the grade cricket standard in most places (in the better leagues) is on par with what the SAF system or others offer. Given the number of Indians who go off to the UK to play in things like the Lancashire League - don't see why it wouldn't be a problem.