S P E C T R E

zen

So no female Bond in Hollywood when even regional Indian cinema had the nerve to atleast explore it :hmmm: Just to show that I have a bit of google and Youtube searching skills too :P Will Spectre also have such absolute ***** that insult one's intelligence or are we supposed to believe that it is 'creative license' as it is oh so cool 'Hollywood' :hail: and it was money well-spent?
The argument is illogical as Bond is a part of Hollywood/international cinema which has made films with female spy leads - one of the recent good ones is SALT .... It is like saying that since Rajamouli made Bahubali, he should make a "Bahu" Bali too (so let's not talk about the impact of films on your intelligence :P ) As for SPECTRE, it falls in to the paise vasool category much like many of Rajnikant's films, Mission Impossible films, etc. I understand that you are upset with my review of Bahubali but I reviewed it based on the claims of it being greatest whatever, money spent vs. output, relatively high ticket prices, etc. .... here no one is making such unnecessary claims for SPECTRE accept that it is the latest 007 film from the franchise which has been in existence since the 1960s, and for many 007 is the most loved spy (in Telugu, film makers have named films after the character and even ignorantly refer to making a film in spy genre as making a James Bond film :rofl: ) SO what is SPECTRE? It is the latest Bond film .... And what a Bond film represents is widely known (including to the copycats of Telugu cinema)

Ok so you have no more arguments (i was beginning to warm up to this)
Like Bond, the strike will happen when opponent least expects it. As a Bond fan, you should know :winky: Lot of time for Spectre release so there will be arrangement of army as per Trishul Vyuha :--D and slow calculated moves. One small Test missile ( thanks Google ). Entire article is worth a read. http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a16524/james-bond-hate-14306026/
James Bond is a boring, tasteless rapist, and the only reason people go to see Bond movies is because they've already seen Bond movies. What other reasons are there for seeing a James Bond movie? The action? The women? The stuff? The gadgets? The problem is that James Bond movies are terrible at all of them. An appraisal: The action: A James Bond movie has never been the best action movie of its given year, and it's had twenty-three occasions to try. If you compare any James Bond movie to any old Steve McQueen movie, or more recently to the Bourne series, the comparisons never favor Bond, no matter which Bond is performing. It's not that there are no bright spots, but they're rare. About one-third of the movies have decent action sequences. No more. Those are not good odds.
So, to sum up, the action is lame; the women are aimed at the fourteen-year-old boy demographic; the stuff is aimed at people with more money than judgment; and the gadgets are silly. When I was a kid growing up in Alberta, Canada, Bond showed me that there were men admirable for things other than keying beer, bush-fking, and bar brawling, and I'm grateful. But James Bond is what sophistication looks like to people who don't have any. Fifty years is enough. It's time to move on.
I also have many ratings on Bond movies by Pochaiah from Poland, Pulliah from Peshawar, Lalith from London, Venkatesh from Vancouver, Bhimsen from Birmingham and hundreds of others :two_thumbs_up: As a standard disclosure ( not mandated by ICF but a good practice nevertheless ), it will be good to disclose if a poster trying to create hype around a movie has any vested interest like self or related parties having taken any distribution of the movie or own any DVD rental franchise or supplied any material for Bond Franchise, etc.Others have been accused of it so maybe better to nip it in bud :dance:

Like Bond, the strike will happen when opponent least expects it. As a Bond fan, you should know :winky: Lot of time for Spectre release so there will be arrangement of army as per Trishul Vyuha :--D and slow calculated moves. One small Test missile ( thanks Google ). Entire article is worth a read. http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a16524/james-bond-hate-14306026/ I also have many ratings on Bond movies by Pochaiah from Poland, Pulliah from Peshawar, Lalith from London, Venkatesh from Vancouver, Bhimsen from Birmingham and hundreds of others :two_thumbs_up: As a standard disclosure ( not mandated by ICF but a good practice nevertheless ), it will be good to disclose if a poster trying to create hype around a movie has any vested interest like self or related parties having taken any distribution of the movie or own any DVD rental franchise or supplied any material for Bond Franchise, etc.Others have been accused of it so maybe better to nip it in bud :dance:
^ :hysterical: You still don't get it. Let me try once more ----> Bond franchise has been in existence since 1960s. Almost everyone knows what it is all about (e.g. Telugu filmmakers name films based on the character's name inlucing 777, Lady Bond, etc.; say that they are making a JB film when talking about spy genre, ....) Based up on all that we know about the franchise (the good and the bad), this thread is discussing its upcoming release PS 2I5q8tuw_3c

^ :hysterical: You still don't get it. Let me try once more ----> Bond franchise has been in existence since 1960s. Almost everyone knows what it is all about (e.g. Telugu filmmakers name films based on the character's name inlucing 777, Lady Bond, etc.; say that they are making a JB film when talking about spy genre, ....) Based up on all that we know about the franchise (the good and the bad), this thread is discussing its upcoming release PS 2I5q8tuw_3c
I don't think everyone here in ICF knows all good and bad about franchise. Since you have taken it upon yourself to project the good, there needs to be a counter-balance IMO. So, from my side ( whenever I get time ), I will post all things negative about Bond franchise, Bond the character, bloopers in Bond movies,etc to keep up the balanced discussion. :two_thumbs_up: Also, this crap about existence, everyone knows what it is,etc is useless IMO. Anyone can make the argument. Telugu Industry has been in in existence from 1940s or so IIRC. Everyone knows what to expect. Does it absolve it of criticism? NO. Why should Bond franchise not be criticized just because it was always there, people know what to expect...blah blah Slavery was also in existence since centuries and people knew what to expect in slavery. Thank God people dint use your argument and got it abolished :--D

I don't think everyone here in ICF knows all good and bad about franchise. Since you have taken it upon yourself to project the good, there needs to be a counter-balance IMO. So, from my side ( whenever I get time ), I will post all things negative about Bond franchise, Bond the character, bloopers in Bond movies,etc to keep up the balanced discussion. :two_thumbs_up: Also, this crap about existence, everyone knows what it is,etc is useless IMO. Anyone can make the argument. Telugu Industry has been in in existence from 1940s or so IIRC. Everyone knows what to expect. Does it absolve it of criticism? NO. Why should Bond franchise not be criticized just because it was always there, people know what to expect...blah blah Slavery was also in existence since centuries and people knew what to expect in slavery. Thank God people dint use your argument and got it abolished :--D
Well, Bond films are a subset of Hollywood / international "English" cinema, and only represent a specific genre which people are aware of how it plays out There are spy films opposite of Bond too such as the spy who came in from the cold: bD_ubBlZ-FM So what would be the point in telling for e.g. that Bond is not like the spy who came in from the cold and vice versa? (and I like both type of films)

Well, Bond films are a subset of Hollywood / international "English" cinema, and only represent a specific genre which people are aware of how it plays out There are spy films opposite of Bond too such as the spy who came in from the cold: bD_ubBlZ-FM So what would be the point in telling for e.g. that Bond is not like the spy who came in from the cold and vice versa? (and I like both type of films)
I dint want to to make the comparison ( not in this thread for sure) but it is necessary for you to understand. The same point that Bahubali is not like a Hollywood/Korean movie. It was made for different audience, different language with different ( way smaller) budget even though genre ( war and enmity ) might be same. Still it was flooded with comparisons to 300, Troy and what not. It was expected to be better than 300 or Troy...Why? Can't it be Best ever Indian movie in some criteria ( I have my own that I outlined ) like CGI, VFX, Narration, visualization, Scale, effort of Technicians,effort of actors, etc without unfair comparisons to Hollywood/Korea,etc?

I dint want to to make the comparison ( not in this thread for sure) but it is necessary for you to understand. The same point that Bahubali is not like a Hollywood/Korean movie. It was made for different audience, different language with different ( way smaller) budget even though genre ( war and enmity ) might be same. Still it was flooded with comparisons to 300, Troy and what not. It was expected to be better than 300 or Troy...Why? Can't it be Best ever Indian movie in some criteria ( I have my own that I outlined ) like CGI, VFX, Narration, visualization, Scale, effort of Technicians,effort of actors, etc without unfair comparisons to Hollywood/Korea,etc?
That's all understood. My review had the following points: a) the budget may not have been utilized properly. And how can you know that? By seeing how Detective Dee (Chinese I believe not Korean) came up with similar output with 1/3rd budget b) the comparison with Hollywood could be because it is said by many that the film matches Hollywood levels c) people also talk about how the scenes / concepts were copied from films from Hollywood / Bollywood d) technically it is a good film, but wrt to $ spent it may not have optimized its potential (refer point a) .... It is like someone making a shoe out of gold. it would be every expensive but does that make it the best shoes? A pair of leather shoes could be better and more comfortable (story, music, acting, etc. ).... or paying 5 stars prices for a 3 star hotel which is hyped as a 5 star e) output vs. relatively high ticket prices as well (global audiences have the option to watch films from many different languages at those price points)