Jonathan trott retires from international cricket!!!

People here are singing praises for this coward but will criticize and abuse honest and hardworking cricketers who fail to perform :haha: Running away is appreciated over honest triers :clap:
Not in my book. It is why I don't rate him, and I'm glad he was bounced out in his last innings, was perfect lol. People bag Pieterson and Bell, and Cook for that matter...but do you see any of them packing their bags mid tour? Cook, Pieterson, Bell, etc>>>>>>>>>>>>Trott :hatsoff:
Not in my book. It is why I don't rate him, and I'm glad he was bounced out in his last innings, was perfect lol. People bag Pieterson and Bell, and Cook for that matter...but do you see any of them packing their bags mid tour? Cook, Pieterson, Bell, etc>>>>>>>>>>>>Trott :hatsoff:
If you know you can't contribute anything to your team, it is better to pack off and give your place to someone else who can make runs isn't it? I mean a player like YK got into the side knowing very well that he does not deserve a spot in the side.
At least Raina doesn't pack his bags halfway through the series leaving his teammates to cop the brunt of it. Seriously if you were a teammate you would be livid. You are either fit to tour or you are not. You don't go home mid tour unless you are injured!
Exactly. I definitely recollect him admitting he was at the top of his game just prior to the tour - especially after he made a 80 something in the tour game. Then Mitchell Johnson happened. And he peed in his pants. Simple as. Its absolutely ridiculous the extent to which politically correct is being carried out that suddenly Trott was made a victim.
Exactly. I definitely recollect him admitting he was at the top of his game just prior to the tour - especially after he made a 80 something in the tour game. Then Mitchell Johnson happened. And he peed in his pants. Simple as. Its absolutely ridiculous the extent to which politically correct is being carried out that suddenly Trott was made a victim.
How many players succeeded against Johnson? Most were scared to bat. Many have been failing since then. At least Trott was courageous enough to drop out and let another batsman in who would actually score runs. Better than staying in and failing and contributing to your country's loss.
I guess the Phil incident showed that some fear against fast bowling is well justified. Johnson can kill someone with his pace even with all the protective equipment modern batsmen wear. AB was the only batsman who showed some guts against MJ in form. Luckily for India, Mitch was not in the same form he was against England and SA. The same Johnson could have mentally scarred some of the Indian batsmen too.
I guess the Phil incident showed that some fear against fast bowling is well justified. Johnson can kill someone with his pace even with all the protective equipment modern batsmen wear. AB was the only batsman who showed some guts against MJ in form. Luckily for India' date=' Mitch was not in the same form he was against England and SA. The same Johnson could have mentally scarred some of the Indian batsmen too.[/quote'] LOL. That's a funny post.
How many players succeeded against Johnson? Most were scared to bat. Many have been failing since then. At least Trott was courageous enough to drop out and let another batsman in who would actually score runs. Better than staying in and failing and contributing to your country's loss.
You talk as if Johnson was unplayable. He was not, and India with its newish batsmen tackled Johnson as if he was a trundler.
I guess the Phil incident showed that some fear against fast bowling is well justified. Johnson can kill someone with his pace even with all the protective equipment modern batsmen wear. AB was the only batsman who showed some guts against MJ in form. Luckily for India' date=' Mitch was not in the same form he was against England and SA. The same Johnson could have mentally scarred some of the Indian batsmen too.[/quote'] Oh come on. Phil incident - however unfortunate - could've been prevented had 1. Phil had slightly better technique playing the short ball - He was clearly early on it and was nearly facing fine leg when the ball struck his head 2. He chose a better helmet. AH now I see Mitchell Johnson form question. Wow, just because India battered Johnson out of the park, suddenly he was regarded as out of form. So what pace was Johnson bowling against us? 120? 130?
You talk as if Johnson was unplayable. He was not' date=' and India with its newish batsmen tackled Johnson as if he was a trundler.[/quote'] Johnson was quite unplayable against England and South Africa. The Australian pitches were flatnas a runaway. Every bowler apart from Lyon was being treated as a club level bowler. Also, Johnson was recovering from an injury when he played us IIRC.
Johnson was quite unplayable against England and South Africa. The Australian pitches were flatnas a runaway. Every bowler apart from Lyon was being treated as a club level bowler. Also, Johnson was recovering from an injury when he played us IIRC.
Oh please, 5 Australian batsmen averaged over 40 in the Ashes (min qual 300 runs)... only 3 did in the India vs Aus tests.. so Indian bowlers were much better than Eng? The pitches were around the same in the Ashes as well as the BG trophy. Fact is that we just handled Johnson spectacularly well, while English batsmen jsut didn't posess the technical ability to deal with short bowling. And more than that the mental strength. The current Indian youngster crop is far much mentally stronger than SA, Eng batsmen.

Well the kind of respect our batsmen get when they play well abroad..Pitches were flat,bowlers were out of form.Why should we blame Paks for discrediting our players,when our kind are extremely good at it and also criticising them when they play poor, by mentally midgets technically flawed FTBs..wow just wow. yes those who get stressed at the sight of M Johnson are the best things..Poor souls,they are just unlucky,while our batsmen are so lucky.

Johnson was quite unplayable against England and South Africa. The Australian pitches were flatnas a runaway. Every bowler apart from Lyon was being treated as a club level bowler. Also, Johnson was recovering from an injury when he played us IIRC.
The Ashes pitches just as flat .
Completely agree with you. The guy chickened out when England was getting battered. Came back to make some easy runs against WI but failed and retired. Why so much love for this coward :idunno:
Yup , absolutely agree.... no guts , leaves tour when the going gets tough pleading mental illnesses , and his statement about "not being a nutcase" makes me lose all respect for him