• Dale Steyn
    • Mitchell Johnson
    • Glenn Maxwell
    • Dwayne Smith
    • George Bailey
    • Virender Sehwag
    • Murali Vijay

Angelo Matthews also deserves a mention
I think there were 10 worse performers than him. Even though he didn't have any significant innings, he did have some small contributions and his strike rate was generally pretty good.

So why didn't KXIP ask all their foreign players to go home and prepare for their next assignments? IPL teams don't work that way. They were not going to pick Johnson and Marsh for the rest of the league matches and knowing that they were not in the playoffs meant that Johnson and Marsh were just a waste of time, space and money for the rest of the IPL. That is why they were "excused to go prepare for their next assignment". Johnson is not suited to bowling in death overs is just a poor excuse for a pathetic performance. Hardly even 5 feet tall Parthiv Patel took him for 28 runs from 9 balls and this was in the early overs where you said that Johnson was menacing! :giggle:
That's because they (Bailey and Miller - I don't think Bailey is playing in the West Indies test series) don't have any upcoming series very soon and they need at least some overseas players. I assume those two didn't request to go home and therefore were kept. I'm sure if they weren't going to pick Johnson, they would pick Marsh. Marsh was out of the XI for the first few matches only because of the 4 overseas player rule. So if one of the overseas player (Johnson) left, then Marsh would be in the playing XI. Marsh didn't underperform, so there was no reason to send him home unless he specifically requested to leave. Parthiv is hitting everyone this IPL... Anyway one over doesn't dictate a bowler's performance throughout the tournament. If you saw the matches, he didn't bowl particularly terrible - not enough to have an ER of 9 or be the most worthless player in the IPL.

That's because they (Bailey and Miller - I don't think Bailey is playing in the West Indies test series) don't have any upcoming series very soon and they need at least some overseas players. I assume those two didn't request to go home and therefore were kept. I'm sure if they weren't going to pick Johnson, they would pick Marsh. Marsh was out of the XI for the first few matches only because of the 4 overseas player rule. So if one of the overseas player (Johnson) left, then Marsh would be in the playing XI. Marsh didn't underperform, so there was no reason to send him home unless he specifically requested to leave. Parthiv is hitting everyone this IPL... Anyway one over doesn't dictate a bowler's performance throughout the tournament. If you saw the matches, he didn't bowl particularly terrible - not enough to have an ER of 9 or be the most worthless player in the IPL.
At first, your argument was - "Hey, Johnson is not good in the death overs. He is deadly dangerous in the first few overs." Now that I pointed out how diminutive Parthiv Patel creamed him all over the place in the first few overs, your argument has now changed to - "Hey, it was just one over". (By the way, it wasn't one over. His first two overs went for 30). And also by the way, even Suryakumar Yadav and Mayank Agarwal took him to the cleaners and these two didn't really set the IPL alight otherwise. Let's not even talk about Gayle taking him for 20 off the second over of the match after Sandeep Sharma had only conceded one run in the previous over. So, now... He bowled cr@p in the death overs. He bowled cr@p in some early overs too. In the overs that he did bowl early and didn't leak runs, he was not much wicket-taking either. He had no meaningful contribution with the bat. You add all of those up and you have one cr@ppola of a performance in this IPL that makes him a very worthy contender for the most worthless player of this IPL. And yeah, if you think IPL teams would willingly let go performing players 3-4 weeks before their next international assignment so they can "prepare" for it, then you must be following a different tournament from the rest of us. Brendon McCullum was just released by CSK in time to play NZ's Test match against England. He couldn't even play a warm-up game. And as for Marsh, after his 65, he got 3 low scores. That can be sufficient in many cases to get you the boot. And both Marsh and Johnson were dropped by KXIP from the playing 11 before they left. It was pretty clear that they were not needed for the rest of the tournament.

Belive what you want to believe' date='but you are the only guy running around here and worrying :icflove:[/quote'] I gave my observation.. Kalia and sir maniac r trolling everywhere ,but this bevda is replying to them seriously everywhere :giggle: You kniw where to see Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk