• Dinesh Karthik
    • Dale Steyn
    • Mitchell Johnson
    • Glenn Maxwell
    • Dwayne Smith
    • George Bailey
    • Virender Sehwag
    • Murali Vijay

I gave my observation.. Kalia and sir maniac r trolling everywhere ,but this bevda is replying to them seriously everywhere :giggle: You kniw where to see Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you think no one trolled them back...Kalia just runs away after Warner falls :laugh: What i am wondering is why you act like a side kick to them in every thread and worry who got trolled or not :hmmmm2:

Can a moderator pre-pone the closing date for the poll? As soon as IPL gets over, mods will be in a hurry to lock this sub-forum. If they can't pre-pone the end date, let's set the day for tabling the final votes to one day after the IPL ends.

My own personal shortlist from this long list would include: Yuvraj Johnson Maxwell I will give DK credit for his keeping and the fact that he didn't really get as many proper opportunities to bat as Maxwell and Yuvraj did. Now, amongst the three, considering that Yuvraj received the highest price in the auction for this year and was one of the worst performers in IPL this year despite getting many opportunities, my vote goes out to him.

My own personal shortlist from this long list would include: Yuvraj Johnson Maxwell I will give DK credit for his keeping and the fact that he didn't really get as many proper opportunities to bat as Maxwell and Yuvraj did. Now, amongst the three, considering that Yuvraj received the highest price in the auction for this year and was one of the worst performers in IPL this year despite getting many opportunities, my vote goes out to him.
If Karthik didn't get enough opportunities to bat then he should have stayed not out and would have a decent average. But he has the lowest average (12.8) of any top order (batting position of #1-7) batsman in the IPL. His keeping was rather decent throughout the IPL though.

If Karthik didn't get enough opportunities to bat then he should have stayed not out and would have a decent average. But he has the lowest average (12.8) of any top order (batting position of #1-7) batsman in the IPL. His keeping was rather decent throughout the IPL though.
And that is exactly why he is in my worst 10 list, but not my worst 3 list.

At first, your argument was - "Hey, Johnson is not good in the death overs. He is deadly dangerous in the first few overs." Now that I pointed out how diminutive Parthiv Patel creamed him all over the place in the first few overs, your argument has now changed to - "Hey, it was just one over". (By the way, it wasn't one over. His first two overs went for 30). And also by the way, even Suryakumar Yadav and Mayank Agarwal took him to the cleaners and these two didn't really set the IPL alight otherwise. Let's not even talk about Gayle taking him for 20 off the second over of the match after Sandeep Sharma had only conceded one run in the previous over. So, now... He bowled cr@p in the death overs. He bowled cr@p in some early overs too. In the overs that he did bowl early and didn't leak runs, he was not much wicket-taking either. He had no meaningful contribution with the bat. You add all of those up and you have one cr@ppola of a performance in this IPL that makes him a very worthy contender for the most worthless player of this IPL. And yeah, if you think IPL teams would willingly let go performing players 3-4 weeks before their next international assignment so they can "prepare" for it, then you must be following a different tournament from the rest of us. Brendon McCullum was just released by CSK in time to play NZ's Test match against England. He couldn't even play a warm-up game. And as for Marsh, after his 65, he got 3 low scores. That can be sufficient in many cases to get you the boot. And both Marsh and Johnson were dropped by KXIP from the playing 11 before they left. It was pretty clear that they were not needed for the rest of the tournament.
You're extremely exaggerating the "taken to the cleaners" statement. Johnson faced KKR in one match (http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/engine/match/829733.html) where he bowled only 4 balls to Yadav, two of which were sixes and one was a dot ball. I don't exactly see how that means Johnson was trashed. For Mayank Agarwal, Johnson faced him in one match (http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/engine/match/829725.html) bowled 11 balls to him. 2 of those were sixes and one was a four. I don't see the trashing in that either to be honest. In the only match where Gayle faced Johnson (http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/engine/match/829785.html), Gayle made a century (117 runs off 57 balls at an SR of 205 with 7 fours and 12 sixes). Sandeep Sharma bowled the first over and was hit for only 1 run of it. Normally in the first over batsman get set in. In the second over, Johnson goes for 20 runs. In the third over, Sandeep Sharma conceded 21 runs. No bowler in the world can defend against the world's best T20 batsman when he is in form. So, Johnson didn't bowl well in the death overs because he is not supposed to bowl in those overs of T20 matches (he does rather well bowling in the last few overs of LOIs though). He picked up a wicket every match on average (9 wickets in 9 matches) while Sandeep Sharma picked up 13 wickets in 14 matches (just to give a comparison). He had no meaningful contribution with the bat because he isn't a batsman and you can't expect him to hit a six of every ball. Most of the time Johnson has to bat, he needs a few balls to get set in. Clearly since the KXIP batting line up was failing, he didn't have time to get set in. How can you expect a bowler to start hitting sixes from the start? And no, teams don't realease international players randomly. However, in this case: 1) Johnson and Marsh both are part of a test series against the West Indies (which McCullum also has against England). 2) They requested to go home to prepare for it. 3) KXIP had no chance of making the playoffs. In McCullum's case, CSK already qualified for the playoffs and wanted to be in the top 2 so they have an extra chance at qualifying for the finals. So obviously they wouldn't willingly let him go, especially since their batting line up is so weak without him. As for Marsh, if Johnson left, he was going to be in the team for sure. The only reason he wasn't in the team before was due to Johnson. If they had an extra overseas player slot, then they were for sure going to pick Marsh over Perera. Also Maxwell didn't perform very well either. Why wasn't he sent home even though he was dropped for a few matches? Because he didn't have to go home and prepare for a series, I assume.