What a scaredy-cat Virender Sehwag is !

fineleg

Please dont merge with other threads. This disgusting act from sissy cat Sehwag requires a thread of its own: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ranjisuperleague/engine/match/306325.html Bats at #4 in FIRST INNINGS :angry_smile: Pencils himself at #7 in SECOND INNINGS!!! :angry_smile: Why? Did the selectors give him advice not to open and spoil their names? He is being taken as an opener for Aus. *He* is the *captain* of Delhi so he decides batting order, and he bats #4 and #7!!!! vs Maharashtra! :finger: Please dont merge this thread - this bloody Sehwag sissy cat deserves a disgrace :angry_smile:

A Chopra lbw b Bahutule 73 199 142 8 0 51.40 S Dhawan c Takawale b Sayyed 7 30 20 1 0 35.00 C Nanda c sub (D Mohan) b Fallah 10 60 35 0 0 28.57 V Sehwag b Fallah 9 23 12 2 0 75.00 M Manhas c More b Agharkar 74 223 148 7 0 50.00 R Bhatia c Venugopal Rao b Agharkar 107 371 314 5 2 34.07 M Tehlan c sub (DK Waghmare) b Agharkar 53 192 136 7 1 38.97 P Bisht c More b Fallah 4 20 13 1 0 30.76 Narender Singh c More b Agharkar 5 29 29 0 0 17.24 PJ Sangwan not out 18 41 36 2 0 50.00 P Awana lbw b Agharkar 4 28 27 1 0 14.81

Delhi 2nd innings (target: 51 runs) R M B 4s 6s SR A Chopra st More b Agharkar 2 8 10 0 0 20.00 S Dhawan lbw b Fallah 7 13 10 1 0 70.00 R Bhatia c sub (DK Waghmare) b Agharkar 3 18 19 0 0 15.78 M Tehlan not out 13 37 30 1 0 43.33 M Manhas not out 13 32 26 1 0 50.00 Extras (b 4, w 1, nb 8) 13 Total (3 wickets; 14.5 overs; 61 mins) 51 (3.43 runs per over) Did not bat P Bisht, C Nanda, P Awana, V Sehwag, PJ Sangwan, Narender Singh

Please grow up will ya ? BECAUSE *he* was the *captain* of Delhi, as you have rightly pointed out, he obviously felt the need to come in the middle-order and shepherd the young battling line-up. And please, dont be naive enough to think Sehwag "chickened" out of opening in the first innings. For someone who is used to destroying the likes of Akhtar and Lee , Mahararshtran attack will NEVER pose nightmares. His decision to come in the middle-order was obviously a team one, considering two of the best batsman in the Delhi team right now, Chopra and Shikar Dhawan were both openers. And why did he demote himself in the 2nd innings ? Simple, the target was 51, he was keen on giving the youngsters a chance to bat in a pressure-free chase. If anything, he has shown a lot of magnanimity in not opening in this match, and he probably thought he was out of the race for the selection for the Aus tour after not being named in the probables. And for one last time, Dont EVER again call our cricketers any names.

Guest HariSampath

Please don't delete this thread....because a thread like this defying all cricketing logic should be preserved ... and finey is a past master in this sort of thing ( Ishant Sharma rubbish thread...lol that made Ishant get a fiver and now toast of everyone). I hope this thread will stay alive to discuss the boxing day test 100 by Sehwag :haha:

Guest HariSampath

If Sehwag had opened finey would have been saying..." look at this sehwag... he knows there are 2 openers from Delhi fighting for an Indian slot and as captain, he wants to destroy their chances by opening himself"" lol

If Sehwag had opened finey would have been saying..." look at this sehwag... he knows there are 2 openers from Delhi fighting for an Indian slot and as captain' date=' he wants to destroy their chances by opening himself"" lol[/quote'] Sorry Hari, I would not have said that. If Sehwag had opened and not scored, I would have said he is still out of form, but I would have been happier had he opened rather than go and hide himself like this.

MM, If I am pissed with players for chickening out, I will express it. I dont abuse other forum members as long as they dont personally abuse me. Thats the thing I refrain from. I will not refrain from expressing appreciation or disgust about public personalities. In this case Sehwag chickened out in a really pathetic manner and he deserves all the brickbats.

Please don't delete this thread....because a thread like this defying all cricketing logic should be preserved ... and finey is a past master in this sort of thing ( Ishant Sharma rubbish thread...lol that made Ishant get a fiver and now toast of everyone). I hope this thread will stay alive to discuss the boxing day test 100 by Sehwag :haha:
Boxing day 100 or not has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about the game with Maharashtra where this guy gets scared (or told to not open by god darn selectors)
MM, If I am pissed with players for chickening out, I will express it. I dont abuse other forum members as long as they dont personally abuse me. Thats the thing I refrain from. I will not refrain from expressing appreciation or disgust about public personalities. In this case Sehwag chickened out in a really pathetic manner and he deserves all the brickbats.
:D Actually, " If I am pissed with players for chickening out, I will express it" - Clearly , Sehwag didnt chicken out here. " I dont abuse other forum members as long as they dont personally abuse me" - Nobody abused you here , so i dunno what you are talking about here. "I will not refrain from expressing appreciation or disgust about public personalities." - Which decade was that ? And seriously, if you really are angry at Sehwag for not opening, and it looks like that is the case, why dont you pause for a moments and think about whats actually happening, instead jumping into conclusions, like an Olympic Gymnast falling into the pool ? How difficult is it, to show a bit more common sense ? :nervous:
:D Actually, " If I am pissed with players for chickening out, I will express it" - Clearly , Sehwag didnt chicken out here.
I disagree. I strongly believe he has chickened out.
" I dont abuse other forum members as long as they dont personally abuse me" - Nobody abused you here , so i dunno what you are talking about here.
Nobody did in this thread. What I meant to say was I refrain from attacking members unless they do something like that to me, but dont refrain from attacking public personalities for the goof ups that they do. In such cases, I will shower the brickbats on players who dont pour their heart out.
"I will not refrain from expressing appreciation or disgust about public personalities." - Which decade was that ?
Err...how about yesterday. The whole team I appreciated in the congrats.
And seriously, if you really are angry at Sehwag for not opening, and it looks like that is the case, why dolnt you pause for a moments and think whats actually happening, instead jumping into conclusions, like an Olympic Gymnast falling into the pool ? How difficult is it, to show a bit more common sense ? :nervous:
I thought about it, and all this "sehwag sacrificing for the YENGSTERS" is B.S. He has not scored runs opening, and this was a chance to do so and prove that he can. And he hides himself. Yes, common sense is not so common, but I do have it. Thanks.
Sorry miss' date=' looks like i got quoted out of context. Apologies for any heartburn/inconvenience.[/quote'] Not sure I understand what you mean by "got quoted out of context" here? But in anycase, no problems. There is nothing you need to apologize for. These heated discussions and tricky conversations are all part and parcel of forum life. Peace! I believe Sehwag has chickened out, and I got really angry after I saw what he did in this Maharastra game. I did not see the scorecard fully before - just saw it today. Hence this thread and the criticisms on Sehwag.
its quite evident sehwag doesnt deserve a place based on current form.
More so, there are many people who are trying very hard in domestics to make it to the Indian team. And then there is Sehwag who has hardly done anything there. But BCCI ignores them and takes Sehwag. Akash Chopra be darned. We will "invent" 3 weeks "doctor advised rest" for Gambhir - when and how did Gambhir get injured? Badrinath is another guy who will continue to be ignored. Parthiv Patel has been trying his best to do well, lets ignore him as well. After all WE SELECT BASED ON REPUTATIONS, and not based on the effort that has been put in or the recent form and results that are achieved.

All of you are bringing "past" Sehwag performances... Just what has VS done now? There has to be some form atleast right? We dont care anything about the last 6-7 months!? He was not in the 24 for EXACTLY these reasons. And then some "behind the scenes" activity gets him to the 16?

No doubt Sehwag didn't deserve a place on current form. But Gambhir at the moment is not even as good as Sehwag at his worst. I would have preferred Chopra, but in any case since Chopra hadn't played for 3 years (internationals) it would have been a lot to ask of him to play his first International in 3 years against Australia in Australia. He probably would have been the safer bet anyway. Parthiv Patel was another option, but he falls into the Chopra category. Badrinath is not an opener anyway. Regardless, I am almost 100% certain this was Kumble's decision more than anyone else's. Kumble for this tour, like Dravid for the World Cup, specifically asked for Sehwag on this tour, and say what you want about him, the bloke does rise for the big games. Hopefully this series is no different.

Guest HariSampath

If you think Sehwag "chickened out", because of fear of failing against a ranji side.... do you think he would be happy to play Aussie bowlers down under ? If your logic is true : that is "Sehwag is afraid of facing ranji bowlers"..how then can you be proved wrong, as it is an opnion of yours. The answer is if he refuses to open for India, you may be right. But obviously he is rearing to go against the Aussies, and will most probably open against Lee, Johnson and co...so what do you say ?