Lalit Modi controversy

Tiger80

Sushma Swaraj*said Sunday that*Lalit Modi*had told her he needed travel papers as he had to be present in Portugal to “sign the consent papers” for his wife’s surgery on August 4. However, Portuguese law does not require such a “written consent”. As per Portuguese law dealing with “right to informed consent”, “a written consent is not required in Portugal. The Criminal Code stipulates that the consent can be expressed through any means that conveys the serious, free and informed will of the titular of the legally protected interest.” It adds, “A minor of 14 years of age and more can give valid consent to medical treatment if he has the ability to fully understand what is involved in the medical treatment in question. http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/portugal-doesnt-require-written-consent/
The hospital and the doctor has confirmed that they asked for presence of Modi as the situation was precarious and the treatment experimental.

Can't believe Modi is that stupid to create a controversy out of nothing just before International Yoga day.. He and his team are good in Event promotion and management. This looks like bad promo by them if true...
Create a controversy? You are talking about Narendra Modi right? If there was no controversy, he would have been still in gujarat most probably as a leader of opposition. Controversies help Modi, he polarizes people using those controversies. He works on the psychology were if a person is continuously criticized for some time, many other people start having sympathy towards that person. He will sit silent and silent on issues doing things from back door and as soon as he has gained some sympathies, he will attack furiously using his oratory skills at the last moment. I can visualize his next speech "kisi ki madad kerna gunah hai kya. Bataiye boliye aap log gunah hai kya.(mob will agree) Sushma jee ne kya kiya kisi ki madad hi ki na magar humari halat dekhiye Congress aur media waale humse kahte hain kaise madad ki tumne tyag patra do". Millions will clap and he will obtain the sympathy.

The basis you are using that her deals are no-issue as she was not in government is pretty naive. As the leader of main opposition party you are an influential figure and do have some responsibility. If you go by same yardstick' date= there shouldn't ever be any question on Robert Vadra as he has never been in position of public responsibility. Also please dont use word "invested in company". You know it was payment made to Raje family. Nothing else.
Basically your argument boils down to "moral responsibility" so she should resign. So based on this, AK should have resigned based on the "moral responsibility" of a farmer hanging himself at a rally? or AK should resign based on the suspect funds his party got during the Delhi election campaign? I state again, Vadra was in direct business with the government of Haryana and Rajasthan. Has lalit modi been involved when Raje was in government? n a jist Vadra purchased land at a dirt cheap rate from. Got its purpose flipped from the government of the state and sold it back to DLF at inflated prices. Do you see Lalit Modi financially profiting in India or Rajasthan from Vasundhara Raje? As i said before, if is revealed Modi financially benefited from Raje via Rajasthan then IMO she should go. But there is no way i am going to back her sacking based on moral responsibility. The USA has an entire industry built around lobbying. The money in Raje's sons company was payment for her lobbying on his behalf in the UK etc. The likes of Clinton and Tony Blair have been doing the same internationally for years now. Clinton especially is doing what Raje appears to have done when his wife was a sitting senator and foreign secretary.

and i for one am still waiting for a signed copy of the Raje statement. Lalit needs to produce that. Its all very well producing statements. Till i see a signature (which could very well be the case) I will not want to comment on it. Breaking confidentiality laws in the UK courts is a major taboo.

and i for one am still waiting for a signed copy of the Raje statement. Lalit needs to produce that. Its all very well producing statements. Till i see a signature (which could very well be the case) I will not want to comment on it. Breaking confidentiality laws in the UK courts is a major taboo.
If he can produce that then it will be trouble for Raje.

I think one major factor which we are forgeting here is, it was Lalit Modi himself and his lawyers who have dragged Vasundhara Raje in this controversy. If they would not have made public the Vasundhra Raje letter this matter would have closed long back as everybody agrees that the mistake committed by Sushma Swaraj was not very grave so as to she should resign. Now, why would Lalit Modi do that even though he and his lawyer have openly endorsed NDA government and praised them. Were they not aware that this would affect the ruling government? Believe me guys there is something which we do not know, something which has happened from inside BJP at very high level.
That's becoz Vasundara Raje - Lalit Modi relationship soured during last assembly elections .Modi even accused Rajastan BJP of selling tickets .Lalit Modi was also completely orchestrated in Rajastan cricket board when Raje returned to power as well . So He probably is using this to target Raje and deflect heat of Sushma Swaraj

Basically your argument boils down to "moral responsibility" so she should resign. So based on this, AK should have resigned based on the "moral responsibility" of a farmer hanging himself at a rally? or AK should resign based on the suspect funds his party got during the Delhi election campaign? I state again, Vadra was in direct business with the government of Haryana and Rajasthan. Has lalit modi been involved when Raje was in government? n a jist Vadra purchased land at a dirt cheap rate from. Got its purpose flipped from the government of the state and sold it back to DLF at inflated prices. Do you see Lalit Modi financially profiting in India or Rajasthan from Vasundhara Raje? As i said before, if is revealed Modi financially benefited from Raje via Rajasthan then IMO she should go. But there is no way i am going to back her sacking based on moral responsibility. The USA has an entire industry built around lobbying. The money in Raje's sons company was payment for her lobbying on his behalf in the UK etc. The likes of Clinton and Tony Blair have been doing the same internationally for years now. Clinton especially is doing what Raje appears to have done when his wife was a sitting senator and foreign secretary.
She should not resign on the basis of moral responsibility. She/her son has been found taking bribe from Lalit Modi to help him get out of the country. So she should resign. Sushma's case is different. That is case of inappropriatre conduct.

I think one major factor which we are forgeting here is, it was Lalit Modi himself and his lawyers who have dragged Vasundhara Raje in this controversy. If they would not have made public the Vasundhra Raje letter this matter would have closed long back as everybody agrees that the mistake committed by Sushma Swaraj was not very grave so as to she should resign. Now, why would Lalit Modi do that even though he and his lawyer have openly endorsed NDA government and praised them. Were they not aware that this would affect the ruling government? Believe me guys there is something which we do not know, something which has happened from inside BJP at very high level.
That's becoz Vasundara Raje - Lalit Modi relationship soured during last assembly elections .Modi even accused Rajastan BJP of selling tickets .Lalit Modi was also completely orchestrated in Rajastan cricket board when Raje returned to power as well . So He is using this to target Raje and deflect heat of Sushma Swaraj

She should not resign on the basis of moral responsibility. She/her son has been found taking bribe from Lalit Modi to help him get out of the country. So she should resign. Sushma's case is different. That is case of inappropriatre conduct.
help him get out of the country? This is news to me.

That's becoz Vasundara Raje - Lalit Modi relationship soured during last assembly elections .Modi even accused Rajastan BJP of selling tickets .Lalit Modi was also completely orchestrated in Rajastan cricket board when Raje returned to power as well . So He is using this to target Raje and deflect heat of Sushma Swaraj
and it should be viewed in that context. Lalit for whatever reason thought he would make an entry into Rajasthan politics again via his proxies candidates. Raje said no. Then he accused her of taking money for tickets. The BJP should be wise to this design. He was important to her in 2003-2008. To be fair I think even she will admit she made some bad choices in terms of governance there. Its a bit similar to amma who was bad in the 90s but is a much better administrator today.

he knows the laws in the UK.... thats all i will say. Wont put it beyond him still reveal all though. Seems to be kamikaze mode.
I would be surprised if he has much to reveal. For 5 years he has been shouting that he has proof against Srini/Pawar/Jaitley/Rajeev Shukla etc but has produced NOTHING till now. It's mostly hot air and frustration from him. Let's see if its something different this time.

I would be surprised if he has much to reveal. For 5 years he has been shouting that he has proof against Srini/Pawar/Jaitley/Rajeev Shukla etc but has produced NOTHING till now. It's mostly hot air and frustration from him. Let's see if its something different this time.
Most likely what will happen is the BJP will begin an extradition process and make him face his crimes. Cant see NaMo letting him go now. He was an irritant at best. Now he has moved to the centre stage he is getting too hard to ignore. Regardless of what happens to Raje. I am afraid Lalit should just have shut his trap and laid low. With Swaraj is was really nothing. already people in RSS calling for Raje to go....

The basis you are using that her deals are no-issue as she was not in government is pretty naive. As the leader of main opposition party you are an influential figure and do have some responsibility. If you go by same yardstick' date=' there shouldn't ever be any question on [b']Robert Vadra as he has never been in position of public responsibility. Also please dont use word "invested in company". You know it was payment made to Raje family. Nothing else.
Robert Vadra is close to the Gandhi family which was essentially RULING Haryana and Rajasthan during the time he is alleged to have scammed his way to crores. The Congress govt which was ruling Haryana for 10 years stands accused of favoring Vadra by changing the land use of land transferred by him at a huge profit to various companies. This directly caused loss to govt exchequer. I see no such scam in this case. Nothing Vasundhara Raje did strikes me of criminality. She did not even sign those papers. As far as investing in a dead company is concerned - it is perfectly legal as long as the required taxes are paid and investors' money is safeguarded.

Most likely what will happen is the BJP will begin an extradition process and make him face his crimes. Cant see NaMo letting him go now. He was an irritant at best. Now he has moved to the centre stage he is getting too hard to ignore. Regardless of what happens to Raje. I am afraid Lalit should just have shut his trap and laid low. With Swaraj is was really nothing. already people in RSS calling for Raje to go....
Yup. It's already started. ED is likely to issue Red Corner Notice very soon. Agreed. He has brought trouble upon himself by speaking too much without thinking. I always though of Raje as a bit shady - would not be surprised if these revelations turn out to be true.

How did they help him get out of the country? I believe he fled when the Congress was in power both in the Center as well as in Rajasthan. Most likely someone within the UPA tipped him off and facilitated his escape.

Yup. It's already started. ED is likely to issue Red Corner Notice very soon. Agreed. He has brought trouble upon himself by speaking too much without thinking. I always though of Raje as a bit shady - would not be surprised if these revelations turn out to be true.
she is a women. She may come from a royal household but in that state you need to put your principles aside a bit to rise in politics. She is not helped by a dumb feck son. The boy is incompetent. I have heard tales about him for close to a decade. He tried to run an honest shop but just did not have it in him. She is currently governing well, the labour reforms Modi is about to propose have already been trailed in Rajasthan at state level. The state is the fourth fastest (or fifth) fastest growing state in India. Ghelot just sat on his ass and did nothing. The congress would have lost rajasthan due to modi wave but not by that margin. What i fear with Kataria is a return to left wing economics. This guy is old school RSS. Otherwise i would have said more Raje to the centre after a while. I fear who takes over in Rajasthan rather than if Raje survives or not.

she is a women. She may come from a royal household but in that state you need to put your principles aside a bit to rise in politics. She is not helped by a dumb feck son. The boy is incompetent. I have heard tales about him for close to a decade. He tried to run an honest shop but just did not have it in him. She is currently governing well, the labour reforms Modi is about to propose have already been trailed in Rajasthan at state level. The state is the fourth fastest (or fifth) fastest growing state in India. Ghelot just sat on his ass and did nothing. The congress would have lost rajasthan due to modi wave but not by that margin. What i fear with Kataria is a return to left wing economics. This guy is old school RSS. Otherwise i would have said more Raje to the centre after a while. I fear who takes over in Rajasthan rather than if Raje survives or not.
Kataria isn't the only alternative. Om Mathur has risen swiftly under Modi/Shah and IMO he would be their choice if Raje has to be removed.

Kataria isn't the only alternative. Om Mathur has risen swiftly under Modi/Shah and IMO he would be their choice if Raje has to be removed.
Shah just made him vice president. Rumours are if BJP loses Bihar they will push him to be president with Shah getting a cabinet role. If the RSS demand that Shah resign that is.

Shah just made him vice president. Rumours are if BJP loses Bihar they will push him to be president with Shah getting a cabinet role. If the RSS demand that Shah resign that is.
Shah isn't resigning irrespective of Bihar result. I think he will stay till UP elections at least.