All those who want yuvi to open ...

living

mm, havent u in the last month or so said..."Folks, sehwag is not even able to score off domestic bowlers...?"
Dude, leave 'em alone mate - let us not dampen others' optimism by our pessimism I really hope I am wrong but I think we are gonna see a LOT of hopes come CRASHING down
mm, havent u in the last month or so said..."Folks, sehwag is not even able to score off domestic bowlers...?"
See, there are two different questions that need to be addressed. 1) Should have been selected over Chopra in the sqaud ? - Mostly not 2) Can he score against the Aussies - Cant say for sure. But, in a recent discussion I had with Bumper, he told something very important. He talked about the risk-reward ratio of including Sehwag. He told me that it is worth the risk to include Sehwag, coz if he fires, he will set-up the match for us. However, if a Akash Chopra "fires", we still arent guaranteed of winning the match.Sometimes, we just have to take the punt, back yourself and go for it. That is what the Indian team has done. And we must take that risk early in the series. There is no point playing Sehwag in the third test , after having drawn or lost the first two.
See, there are two different questions that need to be addressed. 1) Should have been selected over Chopra in the sqaud ? - Mostly not 2) Can he score against the Aussies - Cant say for sure. But, in a recent discussion I had with Bumper, he told something very important. He talked about the risk-reward ratio of including Sehwag. He told me that it is worth the risk to include Sehwag, coz if he fires, he will set-up the match for us. However, if a Akash Chopra "fires", we still arent guaranteed of winning the match.Sometimes, we just have to take the punt, back yourself and go for it. That is what the Indian team has done. And we must take that risk early in the series. There is no point playing Sehwag in the third test , after having drawn or lost the first two.
Ok, fair enough. I dont fully accept that point that bumper has made. But atleast I know clearly where you stand on this Sehwag thingy. And regarding the highlighted portion above - if that happens, viz. draws in test 1 and 2 - we'll have a celebration thread in ICF courtesy Finey :yay:
Guest dada_rocks

Sehwag is the key because before he gets his line right he will find he has been hit for ten fours already he will foget the idea of finding line will start bowling to curtail and that will result in further misery for him.

DR, Just why is Sehwag then not able to hit the domestic bowlers for ten fours? Not in one or two matches, but in so many matches he has played over last many months. Why has he not been able to do that if he is that destructive? Answer(if u dont know already): he is woefully out of form, and his hand-eye co-ordination is not there.

Online, One other thing - these same folks who you call as optimistic are the ones I have seen time and again who get *very* disappointed after a routine, usual, customary poor series that India will have from time-to-time, and then they will "quit watching cricket" for a while. Not saying that all are like this, but I've seen some who will just get fed up. We crib, but expectation will be more realistic. Anyways...

Online, One other thing - these same folks who you call as optimistic are the ones I have seen time and again who get *very* disappointed after a routine, usual, customary poor series that India will have from time-to-time, and then they will "quit watching cricket" for a while. Not saying that all are like this, but I've seen some who will just get fed up. We crib, but expectation will be more realistic. Anyways...
You can try as much as you like to please yourself, but you're far from realistic.