Which one of these batsman should miss the First Test?

bharat297

Which one of these batsman should miss the First Test?  

1. 1.

• Jaffer
    • Sehwag
    • Dravid
    • Tendulkar
    • Ganguly
    • Laxman
    • Yuvraj

Well said, Yuvraj definitely deserves to be in the team ahead of Sachin and Dravid and Laxman. Only Ganguly has outperformed him recently. Sachin played 2 test matches and yet scored only 130 odd runs against Pak, while Yuvraj played just one and scored more than 170 runs and we all know how Yuvraj has been best batsman in ODIs for long now. Because of politics, i have a feeling Yuvraj will miss out on the first test, but i am hoping Dravid fails miserably and is replaced by Yuvi in the second. It is inevitable. Go Yuvraj !
u are hoping for it? ok, :psalute:
Guest Yograj Singh
u are hoping for it? ok' date=' :psalute:[/quote'] You are mistaken. I want India to win, and that will happen only if Yuvraj is in the team. :isalute: Dravid has been out of form for many months now, yes or no ? You yourself be honest and tell me, Who is a better batsman on form ? Dravid or Yuvraj ?

YS hit this century on indian pitch vs pak. No comparison in TEST match vs Aus in Aus pitches. If u compare YS and VS, YS is ahead only coz VS cannot hold a bat these days. If u compare a proven Test winner like RD and new entrant YS, no comparison at all. RD in Tests cannot be matched by YS.

Guest Yograj Singh

Wrong. RD *was* a better test player, but Yuvraj has shown repeatedly that he is the form player. And Yuvraj shouldnt be asked to open ,why should he ? Let the other batsman face the new ball if they have the courage.

That makes sense ... in good form in both forms of the game. Excellent record against Australia in Australia. Has scored a century at the MCG. Has one of the best techniques in the game. Tons of experience. While we're at it' date=' lets rest Dhoni as a keeper too and ask Dravid to keep. Also, lets sit out Zaheer and AK too.[/quote'] Nah rest of the players are very imp in our test team....I just talked about Tendulkar and you talked about dropping the whole team..wuts wrong with you? Tendulkar on current form in tests wont be missed much with yuvraj in full flow in the tests.
Wrong. RD *was* a better test player, but Yuvraj has shown repeatedly that he is the form player. And Yuvraj shouldnt be asked to open ,why should he ? Let the other batsman face the new ball if they have the courage.
RD is still a better test player than yuvraj. Yuvraj has a high bat lift that will find him wanting on pitches where the ball stops on him. I will not judge yuvraj's test form based on his batting in the dead banglore wicket. Also i still think he is susceptible to spin early on. Agreed he is quiet an amazing talent, but please dont rate him higher of RD. What is the meaning of "why should he". I am sure yuvraj would be the first person to accept the responsibility if it means playing for india. I cannot see him fitting anywhere else in this batting line up without one of the top order giving way. Our top order in tests is pretty well balanced, with RD 1 down sachin 2 down, laxman 3 down and ganguly 4 down. I dont see him being placed anywhere unless one of them perform terribly badly. So if yuvraj has to find a place, he has to open
Nah rest of the players are very imp in our test team....I just talked about Tendulkar and you talked about dropping the whole team..wuts wrong with you? Tendulkar on current form in tests wont be missed much with yuvraj in full flow in the tests.
what does this mean?....are you implying that Tendulkar's current test form is not gr8. If you do man, please spend some time digging archives or something, just to know what has been happening in indian cricket the last year
I am afraid....debate is pointless. Laxman will not play the first test or Dravid will have to sit out. I think its going to be VVS who sits out
I guess it is just possible that laxman's injury prevents him from playing. I would be surprised if dravid was asked to sit out. I agree with you on this one hari
Nah rest of the players are very imp in our test team....I just talked about Tendulkar and you talked about dropping the whole team..wuts wrong with you? Tendulkar on current form in tests wont be missed much with yuvraj in full flow in the tests.
Btw ... I was being sarcastic, and I hope you are too in you're reply, otherwise thats a bit odd. In any case, I can't think of anything stupider than to drop Sachin at this stage. His current form in both forms of the game is ... better than Yuvraj's. Yuvraj did well in the opportunity given to him, but Tendulkar has ... * Form * Experience * Technique * Past Success against Australia * Past Success in Australia * Superb career record all going his way. Australia know how important Tendulkar is to our chances this series and that is why their mantra this series (as has been publicly revealed) is "Operation: Get Tendulkar". Leaving Tendulkar out will be doing Australia a big favour.
That makes sense ... in good form in both forms of the game. Excellent record against Australia in Australia. Has scored a century at the MCG. Has one of the best techniques in the game. Tons of experience. While we're at it' date=' lets rest Dhoni as a keeper too and ask Dravid to keep. Also, lets sit out Zaheer and AK too.[/quote']:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: