Which one of these batsman should miss the First Test?

bharat297

Which one of these batsman should miss the First Test?  

1. 1.

• Jaffer
    • Sehwag
    • Dravid
    • Tendulkar
    • Ganguly
    • Laxman
    • Yuvraj

with a heavy heart i voted for UV, as much as I like this guy and he is also in excellent form. I want Sehwag to play the first test (as a gamble... )which IF pays off, can definitely put Aus on the backfoot in the 1st match itself (long shot but still worth it).

Yuvraj will be playing for sure.He is teh future Sehwag is a proven opener in Aus. Dravid is our wall.laxman, gangs are all in good form. We shoudl sit out Tendulkar in the first test.
That makes sense ... in good form in both forms of the game. Excellent record against Australia in Australia. Has scored a century at the MCG. Has one of the best techniques in the game. Tons of experience. While we're at it, lets rest Dhoni as a keeper too and ask Dravid to keep. Also, lets sit out Zaheer and AK too.
Another option is to drop Waggy and open with IPK .... left right combo at the top plus 4th bowler .... plus 9 batsmen with Test Centuries ...... and 3 more than decent part timers.
I don't think IKP has the technique to survive against Aus in the opening slot.. but then again neither does Sehwag and he has been quite a success against Aus.
I would like to meet the guy who said Tendulkar should be dropped despite scoring 50s in our last 4 matches that he played.
Yuvraj will be playing for sure.He is teh future Sehwag is a proven opener in Aus. Dravid is our wall.laxman, gangs are all in good form. We shoudl sit out Tendulkar in the first test.
Shwetabh to meet Yuvraj4Captaincy, that will be an interesting debate on SRT :-)
Guest Yograj Singh
Well said, Yuvraj definitely deserves to be in the team ahead of Sachin and Dravid and Laxman. Only Ganguly has outperformed him recently. Sachin played 2 test matches and yet scored only 130 odd runs against Pak, while Yuvraj played just one and scored more than 170 runs and we all know how Yuvraj has been best batsman in ODIs for long now. Because of politics, i have a feeling Yuvraj will miss out on the first test, but i am hoping Dravid fails miserably and is replaced by Yuvi in the second. It is inevitable. Go Yuvraj !