Disappointed with one aspect of ICF....

maggot_brain

Never been a fan of Advani but loved it when he looked in the camera and said - Everyone criticizes politics but how many dare to get inside the dirt and clean it? Dont be disapointed. Develop some thick skin and delve into heavy discussions. If you dont hate people then surely you should not allow others to spread hate too? The issue with modern world, including India, is that those who spread hatred are also the loudest. Moderates in general keep quite. Anyway dont want to go on a rant and all. Personally I think duscussions on ICF has great merit value but then I am thick skinned :D

Guest dada_rocks
...namely the off-topic / general discussion section. There is just so much prejudice and hate being banded about. God help India if there are many more like some of the frequent posters in this part of the forum. Can't we just learn to live together and get along?
One needs to remain alive to get along, isn't it..

You'll have to give a more qualified answer than this.
Dude, people have different opinions. Especially here in cyberspace, where everyone is an unknown and people can type whilst sitting comfortably in the safety of their homes - fully aware that no matter what they say, the audience they are directing their comments toward can't look them in the eye. This allows people to blow off steam in a way they can't do openly in their public lives. This is how forums work. You will see a bit more hostility on here because of that sense of anonymity. I personally, couldn't care less about the discussion on here. As long as there are threads that stretch further than 100 posts and there is plenty of debate going on, it's all good. That tells me the forum is active, which is what most of us want. You have the option to read what interests you and to by-pass whatever offends you.

Guest dada_rocks
Never been a fan of Advani but loved it when he looked in the camera and said - Everyone criticizes politics but how many dare to get inside the dirt and clean it? Dont be disapointed. Develop some thick skin and delve into heavy discussions. If you dont hate people then surely you should not allow others to spread hate too? The issue with modern world, including India, is that those who spread hatred are also the loudest. Moderates in general keep quite. Anyway dont want to go on a rant and all. Personally I think duscussions on ICF has great merit value but then I am thick skinned :D
Self proclaimed moderate sare loudest in india.. on every channel on every street on every nook and corner yap=yapping their mantra.... if u don't buy their viewpoint they will call u sexist names.. where women folks predominantly voting for Modi get branded as chasing sex-appeal of Modi.. yes those women have no brains all the world's collective cerebral power have been bestowed on handful of these idiots strutting around in their ignorance powered confidence..

Self proclaimed moderate sare loudest in india.. on every channel on every street on every nook and corner yap=yapping their mantra.... if u don't buy their viewpoint they will call u sexist names.. where women folks predominantly voting for Modi get branded as chasing sex-appeal of Modi.. yes those women have no brains all the world's collective cerebral power have been bestowed on handful of these idiots strutting around in their ignorance powered confidence..
Abbe ek post to likho without mention of Modi :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Man you have become a Modi-stalker DR :nervous::nervous:

...namely the off-topic / general discussion section. There is just so much prejudice and hate being banded about. God help India if there are many more like some of the frequent posters in this part of the forum. Can't we just learn to live together and get along?
Hmm.. Maybe I'll setup a separate politics/religion forum for the usual suspects ;-)