meanwhile Tendulkar 0 - 1 - poor umpiring

Shwetabh, you are drawing a very long bow to suggest Sach would've played that ball differently if the bowler's foot landed 6 inches back from where it did. Considering crease to crease is 58 feet, or 696 inches, 6 inches is an infinitesimal % of that. The inference is: unless a bowler plants his front foot in exactly the same place, every ball, batsmen - even the greats - will play a false stroke or will misjudge the length. Just doesn't hold water, mate. Especially when you consider a bowler can legally adjust his front foot from landing his heel just behind the line to many inches, or even feet back from it.

Actually Donny, that change in delivery position can affect batsmen. That's one thing Kapil Dev did in Melbourne in 1981 when India won that famous test there. He mixed up his release position - bowled some from just behind the crease line, others from around a foot behind his normal delivery release and the change in trajectory and length perception threw off a lot of batsmen.

You make it sound as if it was an unusual thing Kapil did. That's a standard option for all bowlers. That's the point I was making to Shwetabh.
Planting the foot in front and back of the popping crease act in opposite directions for the reaction time. Say, crease to crease is 58 feet. A good length ball is going to be delivered around 10 feet from the batsman ie. at 48 feet. From the position of the arm at release a good batsman will judge the length of the ball to within a couple of feet, it is in this area that you are adding the uncertainty, not in the entire 48 feet, which is significant, coupled with the extra apparent speed the batsman is going to get. If the ball is delivered from behind the popping crease the batsman gets compensation in time to adjust his stroke, not when delivered from ahead of the crease, in facts acts the opposite way.
I have done that many times .... and every time you run away .... this time wont be any different either .... if you ask questions atleast ahve the courtesy to stick around and acknowledge or debate further ..... this hit and runs thingy wont work.
hmm? "hit and run"?? i won't reply to the personal insults but how about we discuss cricket. Let me begin with a simple question Do you think the incorrect umpiring decisions evened out in the 01 AUS IND series?
What insults MP ? I just told you what you usually do ... if that is an insult then maybe you should change your style of forumming !
no sir- you are the one who does all the 'hitting'. I have never ever disrespected any one on this board.
I have answered this atleast twice in the past .... but lets do it once again. In that series .... all the umpiring incidents occured in the 2nd test at Kolkatta .. in that test 1. Gillespie was let off in single digits ( Bansal missed a big edge of bowling of Prasad) and after that he and Waugh put on 130+ runs for the 8th wkt which helped Aus put 445 runs. 2. VVS was given out wrongly (Caught of the forearm bowler : Warne Umpire : Willey) 3. Gilly was given out Wrongly lbw 4. Warne was possibly given out wrongly. So now you tell me whether it evened out or not.
So you are telling me that the umpiring in game 1 and 3 was flawless?