Which one is the most reliable consumer review page for cars

Guest dada_rocks

18.5 without allopy wheel or with ally wheel .. because that guy keeps hammering the fact that it has got alloy wheel..
Alloy wheel may or may not be of interest to you. Alloy wheel were started with an idea to "lighten" the wheel. A lighter wheel would mean a little bit more mileage. However these days alloy wheels are meant for rap crowd, they are more for show. As a thumb rule you should not read too much into Alloy wheels, tell your seller you are not looking for them and are not going to pay for them.
yes I did.. it was 2007 model bought in 2006 as per cafarx last reported mileage was 5000 but seller claimed 30000 kms..
That doesnt surprise me. Carfax contains entry only when the car is reported. In other words if you take your car for registeration and tell how many miles are on the Odometer it will go on the Carfax record. When you buy/sell a car and change the title then you mention the number of miles on Odometer and it goes in its Carfax record. More importantly anytime you land in accident, collision etc the entry is made in Carfax. From what you tell me this car was reported at 5k. could be for anything from accident to registeration. My current car is registered for 2 years right now. So say at registeration time it had 50 K, the next time I get it registered would be around 75K(hopefully no accident before that), and so there wont be any entry for 50-75 K in Carfax. Again as a thumbrule the less entry in Carfax the better. The less entry means: 1) Less number of owners(more the owner change, more the entry) 2) Less number of accidents xxx

Mars-man... i am assuming, this is going to be ur first car out of school... go with a corolla.... my wife's first car was a corolla which she bought straight out of school and it ran for 10 yrs before we took it to the mechanic for the first ever time to get the waterpump replaced... $300 and keeps running like nothing happened... i would say, own it for 3 yrs... if u buy it for $6000, u can sell it for $4000 and thts not a bad deal at all and then u can go for the real deal.....

Actually MM' date=' one other option in addition to what gator has suggested. Also consider a second hand [u']Acura (2 door Acura should also be fine). Even if it is a used car with some miles, but an excellent and reliable one. Keep this as an option.
Acura would be an expensive option. Plus since it falls into sports sedan category, insurance for first timers will be high too. Acura can be a good buy after 3 yrs of driving experience in US in my opinion

Acura would be an expensive option. Plus since it falls into sports sedan category' date=' insurance for first timers will be high too. Acura can be a good buy after 3 yrs of driving experience in US in my opinion[/quote'] correct.... first timers should stay away from sports cars.... i made tht mistake... a new sports car was my first car....