Will the rusty Aussies get toppled by the rampant Indians?

Rohip

The Aussies have only played 2 tests in almost 12 months. Both against the Sri Lankans who are not the best travellers. In the second test the Sri Lankans came within 100 runs of winning the game and only a poor decision against Sanga let the Aussies off the hook. India have been playing really great cricket and we've played 10 tests in 2007. Apart from a blip against SA we've had a great 12 months. We beat the Bangers and defeated England in England for the first time in 21 years and then we beat Pakistan in India for the first time in 27 years. Our team is in form and ready to rock the Aussies, the Aussies on the other hand are half cooked and havent had a real challenge since the Ashes in 2005. I think if they come under pressure, they will miss Warne and McGrath's calming presence and lose. This is our best chance of ever turning over the Aussies. Come on ICF we can win this!!

I dont think we have the bowlers to win the game. Also aussies may have an inexperienced bowling line up but they are a great fielding unit and we have a bunch of slow movers when it comes to taking 1s or 2s. Also it takes one collapse for our batting line to go out of form. Last year this time not a single batsman was scoring runs. NO ONE. BUT we have a lot of experience and that is what i am hoping will get us a drawn series.

All we can do is hope. Australia had not played a test since last 10 months, yet they easily beat SL 2-0. So they are not rusty. It is the Indians who are tired IMO, playing non-stop cricket since May. Marsh predicts test wipe-out Peter Badel December 23, 2007 12:00am FORMER Test vice-captain Geoff Marsh has delivered a blunt assessment of the Indians, saying the tourists will not win a Test. With the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne three days away, Marsh said India's batting line-up was too old to consistently post big scores and its bowling attack too insipid to dismiss Australia twice. The sub-continent powerhouse has a dismal record in Australia. The Indians have won one Test in the past 26 years - a four-wicket win at Adelaide Oval on their last visit to Australia in 2003. Overall, India has won only four of 32 Tests on Australian soil. Despite boasting talent such as Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly and Anil Kumble, former Test opener Marsh tipped Australia to win the four-Test series 3-0. "They won't win a Test," Marsh said of the Indians. "They won't make enough runs and they won't take 20 wickets in a match. "While India has some very good players, they are getting on. I'd like to think it will be a competitive series, but at their age they will struggle against our quicks. "We'll win 3-0." Marsh, who coached Australia between 1996-2000, said the Indians needed a dream start in Melbourne to give the Australians a scare. But he is adamant Ricky Ponting's squad will have little trouble reaffirming its status as the best team in world cricket. "India's best chance is in the first Test," he said. "Traditionally, if the opposition out here doesn't get off to a good start, that's it, we'll be over them. "The Australian guys play so well under pressure and thrive on that. "Our boys are just machines, they will roll on over the top of India. "The big mistake India has made is playing just the one tour game to prepare for the (first) Test. "Our bowling attack was stronger than it was this time last year, guys like Shaun Tait, Brett Lee and Mitch Johnson have taken another step forward. "We are too well drilled and too well prepared." Pakistan pace ace Shoaib Akhtar said if the curators produced quick wickets, India stood almost no chance. "They are good on slow, dusty, lifeless wickets. But if Australia makes good fast pitches where the ball has carry they have a huge chance of winning. I hope Australia wins," Akhtar said in the wake of Pakistan's recent 1-0 series loss to India. "We did all right against them. We just did not have enough match-winners to beat them, but Australia have the match-winners. "What people are overlooking is the age of this Indian side. Most of their batsmen are in their mid-30s. This age is not good to be playing pace. "Guys like Tendulkar, (V.V.S.) Laxman, Dravid, their reflexes are not what they used to be." PS: Did we do a thread on prediction earlier, on this series? If we have, someone please give me the link, so that I can see what we discussed then.

Why We ICFers Are A Bunch Of People Low On Confidence? Indian Cricket Fans are said to be the most passionate of all fans.But the irony will stuck you once you visit the official home of ICF!!!!!!!!!! Not even a single ball is bowled in the test series between India and Australia..but most ICFers have started predicting the outcome of the series like 2-0,1-0(that with the help of rain!) and at best a drawn series. This Indian team has went there with best possible result under their belt.. albeit a found wanting Pakistan team...still a series victory can't be ignored. All our batsmen are in fine form and its right there with the best in the world.We do have a problem with inexperienced bowling line up.But what if Zaheer,R.P.Singh,Kumble and Pathan forms the bowling quartet at MCG? its the best we have. Even after all this we do feel like having no chance of winning,its better not to watch it forget about discussing!:thumbs_down:

Indian Cricket Fans are said to be the most passionate of all fans.But the irony will stuck you once you visit the official home of ICF!!!!!!!!!!
That is cr@p. Most passionate of fans?? We are a good website yes, lets stay that way and not go hyperbole.
Even after all this we do feel like having no chance of winning,its better not to watch it forget about discussing!:thumbs_down:
I would agree with you here. I think India has as good a chance as any previous tours of Down Under. We have a good strong batting line-up, our bowling is better than last time and surely Dhoni would be 200 times better than Patel. Yes its a tough series and all indicators are for Aussies to win but I for one wont be surprised if we pull it off. Heck I would possibly be surprised if we didnt! xxx
Indian Cricket Fans are said to be the most passionate of all fans.But the irony will stuck you once you visit the official home of ICF!!!!!!!!!! Not even a single ball is bowled in the test series between India and Australia..but most ICFers have started predicting the outcome of the series like 2-0,1-0(that with the help of rain!) and at best a drawn series. This Indian team has went there with best possible result under their belt.. albeit a found wanting Pakistan team...still a series victory can't be ignored. All our batsmen are in fine form and its right there with the best in the world.We do have a problem with inexperienced bowling line up.But what if Zaheer,R.P.Singh,Kumble and Pathan forms the bowling quartet at MCG? its the best we have. Even after all this we do feel like having no chance of winning,its better not to watch it forget about discussing!:thumbs_down:
Danra, Lets talk after the series ends. Lets see what really happens, maybe that will change the views of those who think Aus will win, or maybe that will change the views of those who thought India can win this series. Regarding your point of we are in good-form...doing well in Indian pitches, and suddenly playing in Aus pitches are as different as they can get. So, lets wait till MCG Test to see what is the situation.
Indian Cricket Fans are said to be the most passionate of all fans.But the irony will stuck you once you visit the official home of ICF!!!!!!!!!! Even after all this we do feel like having no chance of winning,its better not to watch it forget about discussing!:thumbs_down:
Danramrah, You asked "Why many ICF fans dont feel optimistic abt India's chances?" Did you get your answer?
Bowling did well....it was the batting which was a letdown! clear enuff? :rolleyes:
my post was directed towards thread's topic .... location : texas (from ur profile)..... now it all makes sense :giggle: